SHOULD I HAVE A BABY?

HI all, this is my first ever discussion. i am a year from diagnosis and just got all clear on first year tests so feeling pretty good. i am 38, single, always wanted a baby but split from partner yr before diagnosis, then told that was in menopause coz of the chemo then got a period and told that i wasn;t menopausal but am now on femara nad zoladex. doc says i can change to tamox and get pregnant in 2 yrs when i’m 40 if i really want…

i think thats probabaly a silly selfish move but wondered if anyone else had done it…

jo x

Hi Jo

I think that you’ll have already read my story on ‘Babies after chemo’ thread.

I wish you well in whatever you decide - Good Luck

Love Anne xx

Hello Everbody

I haven’t been on for a while so I will introduce myself .
I am 36yrs old (35 when diagnosed in March 08. I was going though IVF in January this year (5 eggs harvested) when I found a lump in my left breast on the night of my egg collection. I was diagnosed with Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Insitu (DCIS) grade 3. I then had a left masectomy with 6 lymph nodes removed(all clear). I then had a ectopic pregnancy with right tube removed. I had had 4 cycles of epirubicin and cyclophosamide and 4 cycles of Herceptin and Tax. I have just finished chemo (HOORAY) and I too have a difficult decision to make with my 5 harvested eggs as i have no children of my own

Lots of Love
Emma
xx