SMALL LUMP AND FIRMNESS

HELLO TO EVERYONE. LOOKING FOR A LITTLE ADVICE REALLY.
I HAVE FOUND A SMALL LUMP FEELS A BIT LIKE A BAKED BEAN SHAPE IN MY RIGHT BREAST. IT IS IN THE UPPER OUTER SECTION.
THE AREA AROUND THIS SECTION FEELS A LITTLE FIRMER AND IT SOMETIMES INSIDE FEELS LIKE IT IS STINGING. THE AREA IS SORE. THERE IS NO REDNESS, DIMPLING, ETC. BUT DOESNT FEEL LIKE MY NORMAL BREAST DOES. I HAVE VERY LARGE BREASTS AND IT FEELS VERY DEEP, NOT NEAR THE SURFACE. I ONLY FOUND IT BY ACCIDENT AS I WAS HOLDING SOMETHING AGAINST MY BREAST AND IT HURT AND IT MADE ME RUB MY BREAST.
NOT SURE TO IGNORE IT, BEEN THERE FOR TWO WEEKS. I KNOW PEOPLE SAY BREAST CANCER ISNT PAINFUL SO NOT SURE WHAT TO DO.
WOULD APPRECIATE ANY ADVICE.
THANKS FOR READING.

Hi hippowoody,

Welcome to the BCC discussion forums where I am sure you will get lots of good, honest support from the many informed users of this site.

Any changes in your breast you should get checked out but remember that the majority of changes are not breast cancer. I have put for you below the link to one of our publications you might find helpful to read. Also if you would like to talk to someone in confidence then please do phone our freefone helpline 0808 800 6000.

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/breast-health/your-breasts-your-health-quick-guide-bcc152

Take care

Jo, Facilitator

My advice would see your GP and get a referral to your local breast clinic no lump should be ignored painful or not it may well be nothing but it’s not worth taking the chance it will put your mind at rest I know it’s scary but if it is something to worry about it’s not going to go away hope it all goes ok:)

I agree entirely with loobyb, for your own peace of mind if nothing else. Hoping that when you are referred, you get good news.

Poemsgalore xx

I WAS WORRIED ABOUT WASTING THE GP’S TIME ETC. THANK YOU ALL FOR ANSWERING.
YOU ARE ALL SO KIND. I WILL MAKE THE APPOINTMENT.