cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPOILER ALERT - Carol Jackson EastEnders piece

5 REPLIES 5
Mema23

Re: SPOILER ALERT - Carol Jackson EastEnders piece

I'm not watching it, but I worked through 8 months of chemo. I would take a few days off the week I had my chemo but would go back in between cycles. For me, it brought a touch of normality to my life and it helped that my work place were really kind and if I was really tired some days I just used to leave early.
SJB

I'll give them their dues, they are trying. I was cross when we saw her go along for her first chemo session, and she sat there with the cold cap on like she was at the hairdressers.

But recently she lost a lot of hair and confessed to David that she had given up using the cold cap because it was like having a block of ice on your head. 

That made me happier, as it was realistic.

But yeah, she has been way too healthy for chemo.

Kalo

I guess I should've watched more episodes!
It is good to bring out awareness.
ProjectKylie

I think the writers try to remove some of scarce elements. After all it's about awareness and encouraging us to get lumps, bumps etc checked. I'd allow some artistic license but yes I do not expect to be back at work until after chemotherapy.
Kalo

Is it just me but I'm just wondering if this is a good portrayal of someone going through breast cancer?
I haven't watched all the way through, but a recent episode Carol was back to work.
If she is still going through chemo would she really be working?
I've been told by my GP it will be months before I'll be back at work.
Am I the only one thinking this?