cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STARTING CHEMO IN AUGUST 2011

3,428 REPLIES 3,428
sivam

Re: STARTING CHEMO IN AUGUST 2011

Darling Supertrouper, it feels so awful but comforting to light a candle in the chapel in the dark dark wood. Debbie we all loved you so much and our lovely Kim ,I hope Perpetual Light Shines on you dear one xx

supertrouper

Oh dear Kim - such sad news that you have gained your wings and left us all behind as you soar high into the skies and become the brightest star tonight.  Rest in peace dear ducky x

Etenal rest grant unto her O Lord and let Perpetual Light shine upon her, may she Rest in Peace,Amen.

supertrouper

Time for lots of candles to be lit I think Sivam x

sivam

Thankyou so much for clearing out this lovely but sometimes fearful dark wood enclosure, need lots of sleep fairies with these dratted steroids, last dose tomorrow, so will see what that brings.The Secondary bone thread are very welcoming  and such a wealth of information. This place seems so earie at the moment wonder if everyone is in Benchland ?.Just now in St Raphael chapel and all cobwebs dusted off and candles lit for BWFs and all who have found laughter  and crazy doings in this place.A candle is lit for you, please feel free to light a candle every time you visit,hoping for a cure for this awful disease.The group code for candles in search is ddw,http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=ddw

supertrouper

Wow, such a long time since we started this thread.  It's now over three years since I was diagnosed with stage 3 lobular breast cancer that had spread to 11/13 lymph nodes.  At the time I thought it was the end - but instead it was a beginning.  A roller coaster ride at times but met some lovely people along the way.  Certainly appreciate life more these days.

I've been back to the dark dark woods and prepared a lovely nest for you Sivam - gutted that you have to go through Chemo again but you are such a positive person - a real inspiration to me!  Two fingered flag has been hoisted again and all gremlins frazzled with the super charged flame thrower.  Caught a couple of sleep fairies and gently persuaded them to reside in a jam jar in the nest waiting for you to arrive. xxx

tigerpig

Good luck 2moro ST,be sure to let us all know how you get on.Ive got my next appointment with surgeon 14th feb x

supertrouper

YAY!!! (WAVING AT TIGERPIG)
I think it would be nice if we could could occasionaly post in here and in facebook.
I am meeting up with my BCN tomorrow to discuss reconstruction. I too am hoping for the diep - the results look very natural and there is the free tummy tuck of course!

tigerpig

Hi ladies,finally able to post on here again,cackles i too am not so good on computers.I read on facebook that blondebutbrainy was wondering whether any of us would like to get this site up and running again.
How you doing now jan?did you have a diep,only i think this is the route i want to take.
love to you all tigerpig x

supertrouper

Hi Cackles - how did the bone scan go? It went - and I am still waiting for the results. I was told by more than one person to ring today (Monday) and what happened? I couldn't get through to anyone who could give me answers. I left messages on my consultants answering machine and my bcn's answering machine. Kept ringing all through the day hoping that a human would pick up the phone. Which eventually happend at 4 pm today. "Partial results" through which meant they couldn't tell me anything. Why oh Why tell me to ring today??
Proper peed off Supertrouper tonight x

Cackles

How went tbe Bone scan Supertrouper?

Cackles

I wonder how many other old Birds With Feathers will find this. We so looked after each other during the trials of Tax. Yuck I remember it all as a distant dream.

Cackles

How did you do that Ducky. I just tried and had to complain to the moderator because I couldn't post five minutes ago.
I must print it all off.
Supertrouper you are Sooooo good on computers, fantastic birds . How do you do all these wonderful things? Perhaps you couls get a job teaching idiots like me how to use a computer!

Guest user
Not applicable

Love the Birds who fly Supertropper who would have thought we could change BWF into so many fitting names. Have just been having a little read and wondering about some of the people that are not on facebook with us. Particulary wondering how Janeruth is doing.
Just like a Duck
supertrouper

Wow Jo - thanks very much. We didn't want people getting confused and thinking this was a 2012 thread.

Jo_BCC

Hi Supertrouper

Changed the title for you adding 2011. Hope that's okay?

Jo, Facilitator

supertrouper

Ahhh....here it is. I wonder if we could get the year added to the title as people might think this is about people who started chemo in August of this year instead of 2011? I think I will send a message to the forum people and ask.
Thinking about turning this into a keepsake book for all the lovely ladies that contributed to this thread. I seriously think I would have struggled to cope without all of you. I get quite emotional when I look back and read some of the posts.
Onwards and upwards now. Moving on with our lives but I hope never losing touch with each other. My chemo friends. Birds Who Fly......

Cackles

As requested Debbie....i had a quick panic worrying if it would still be there....good reading!!!
Cackles

tigerpig

I have just posted on Shropshire site and couldnt resist a look on here,what a difference a year makes,we all now have hair and getting our old lives back.Anyone of you ladies out there looking at this,life really does get better,just cant see it when your going through chemo,it is a tough old road.
Any way iam waffling now Love to all you ladies H x

Guest user
Not applicable

Just checking in to say Hi think I feel the same as Supertropper and it is time to move on. Any ladies from the August thread please join us on facebook if your not already with us.

Justlikeduck xx
supertrouper

Just bumping up the thread for the August 2011 ladies.

sivam

Hello thought I would say hello for old times sake,havent inputted my details all seem so complex to this old lady,so really nothing to say in case this try out doesnt work xx Mavis

supertrouper

Well Ladies - if you are reading this then you managed to find the thread on the forum. It's all changed and to be honest I think it has helped me to distance myself from the forum. I think it is time for me to move forward and away from thoughts of breast cancer and treatments. We are all in touch through facebook now. Anyone who wants to join us can send me a pm and I will pick up on that through email.

supertrouper

All of us are on Facebook now apart from you Cackles! I am sure that as soon as you get on dry land you will be able to join us.

I've had an achy day today, shoulder, back and chest all giving me a bit of bother despite taking the tablets! Not doing the exercises like I should do so that has probably got something to do with it!

Weather here has been horrible today. Strong winds and rain all day. Central heating kicked in first thing this morning and hasn't stopped. Just like the middle of winter instead of spring!

Physiotherapy on Tuesday at 10:30 - must try and loosen everything up before I go.

Cackles

Help girls the Luddite has struck I can't do the BWF Facebook bit.
Stupid... Cackles.
Ps. Mavis best wishes for the tests . The rain was flowing well for our move to the Thames , but we got there just in time. The river is now closed to craft.

sivam

Hi girls,
Had the most bizarre time fixing myself into Facebook am now in BWF.Now cant stop singing that Paul Mc Cartney and Wings song,Let EM in,whos that knocking on my door!!!What have you all done to my sanity.Applied to Facebook and now dozens of pictures of people I know from College and work etc keep flipping up.I really can see how people can spend all day chatting,the whole thing can be quite addictive.Still a lot to learn though and the dinner pictures are very good and we all look so happy.
This horrid weather seems to have entered my bones everything aches,it has been such a dark day may need my sad lamp out again.
Love and Light xx Mavis

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning Sivam
Have tried adding you on facebook but for some reason it won't let me send you a friend request, i think it may have something to do with your privacy settings???

Will keep trying
love Sarah xx

sivam

Evening Girls,Have filled the form in for Facebook and asked Sarah to let me in,I found it quite a challenge to fill in details and upload a horrible grey haired photo,did need some help,really must take a "computing for the terrified course" and enter the 21st century!!
We are having the most awful weather and all my plants in greenhouse are suffering from lack of light in fact suffering from lack of light myself.Monday I am having a thorax,abdo and pelvis CT scan,I have to drink 1 litre of water an hour before,I dont know why this scan is ordered except that it is nearly 1 year since diagnosis,I am also to have a gastroscopy next week I know that is to examine my bubbling oesophagus so crossing everything.Love and Light xx Mavis

Cackles

Evening girls.. I will do the Facebook etc when I get home. At the moment we are just outside Henley on a very fast running Thames. It was a superb time with you all last weekend--- the memories make me smile. As for Ruby's three or was it four!!!!! I meant what I said about giving things up for lent!!!!
Val I hope your lovely husband has recovered from his fall. What a shock for you both.
Ducky Heather and Supertrouper thank you for all your efforts...table, balloons champers etc.
Val k I haven't read the pm yet because the signal for O2 on the iPad is poor on a Narrowboat.
Twinkle give that little princess a big hug from me, it was great to see you.
Paulina and Mavis you were both as i expected in every way. Fantastic to see you in reality.
BBB it is a shame you couldn't make it . I would have loved to see the results of your hair colour. Both Vals Supertrouper and Pavlina had good results, as did Ruby, but she is going blonde next. Jiggly they all looked good with the we colours.
Night night
A very wet Cackles

supertrouper

Hi Jan

I've sent you a PM

Deb

BrainyBlonde

Hi there, What do I have to do? I feel as if I'm on the dark side already!
Jan
x

supertrouper

Mavis, Cackles and BBB are the ones that I think are missing. Please get in touch soon and let us help you cross over to the dark side LOL.

supertrouper

I am still smiling from the weekend. Still having to wear the wig to work but have shown my boss one of the photos from the weekend. He said "it doesn't look like you"

Wig will be put in the nearest bin when I get to the airport hotel on May 17th

Who are we missing from our facebook group?

rubythursday
Community Champion

so ladies - can we tempt any more of you over to the dark side of our secret group on facebook? we have started our BWF diet club and lots of pictures of the weekend have been posted... PM me or Pavlina or Ducky or Valk or Sarah with your email address if you sign up on facebook and any of us can add you to the group.

Hope you are all well and still smiling from the weekend - looking forward to next year 🙂

Ruby.xx

sivam

Hi
Back from Warwick so so glad I cancelled OH hospital appointment it would have been awfull to have missed such a wonderfull meet-up.Still feel warm from all the hugs,comments and laughter of the evening it was truly wonderfull and also nice to experience a relaxing break with OH in caravan and to realise what good friends we still are without the hurly burly of committments at home.
Love and Light xxMavis

BrainyBlonde

Hi,

I coloured my hair with Herbatint, Platinum Blonde. I just mixed a little bit of each in a pot and OH put it on for me. It's quite nice but I'm also using 'silver' shampoo and conditioner to stop it going a bit yellow. I have heard of lots of people whose hair grew back curly but mine hasn't. My friend had the same curly growth but after a while it reverted back to 'normal'.

Jan
x

tigerpig

Hi Ladies
Thank you all for a lovely weekend,iam so tired though could sleep for a week!!
I too are still smiling at some of the discussions.
Kind of missed you all when i got home.
Love to you all Heather x

rubythursday
Community Champion

Mine is curly too and I hate it! I have had mine coloured twice now but am going to go back to being blonde next time. Good luck whatever you decide I am sure it will be fine 🙂 xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Jiggy
As Ducky said my hair came back very curly, grey and black.
I have been to the hairdresser and had a blond colour put on successfully. I didn't try doing it myself but a lot have and been successful. Best of luck whatever way you go. Let us know
Valpp

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Jiggy

Havn't coloured my hair so can't comment but mine has come back curly and so has Valpp. I never had a single wave before completely straight and not sure I know what to do with the curls.

xxx Ducky

jiggyjoo

Morning ladies - sounds like you all had a great time on Saturday!

A question about colouring hair. How have any of you got on with hair colour? What did you use or did you go to a hairdresser? I must do mine as it seems even greyer!! and the curls! I've always had really straight hair so its quite a shock.

Have a good day.

x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi BWF's
What a fantastic time we all had. Lots of laughs. We must,must,must all keep in touch and have a yearly get together. I so enjoyed everyones company. Kim please stop apologising for the hotel it was fine.
Balloon is tied to kitchen chair, butterfly is also safe where I can see it everyday.
Valpp

slinky

Hi Ladies,
Thank you for a fabuloustic weekend full of laugh. I have left hotel about 11ish and half way into my journey I remembered the baloon!! My OH turned the car round and the baloon is proudly sitting on my shelf in my room..
I hope you could all come to Facebook , especialy now since Miranda created our special secret group...
Girls have a wonderful rest of the sunday ... speak soon. ( Iam going to bed!!)

xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Girls

Just unpacked the lap top and taken a look at the posts. Can I just add it was an absolute privilidge and pleasure to meet you all. So lovely to be with a group of ladies who knew exactly how each other were feeling.

Looking forward to next year already.

Loads of Love Ducky

ps sorry once again for the hotel recommendation xx

rubythursday
Community Champion

Thanks you all for a lovely weekend - I know I had a lot of wine but I am sure I said 2 - 3, blooming chinese whispers!!!!!! lol

Was great to meet you all and I have driven back to Boston with a big smile on my face, and a sore head 🙂

I have as we discussed last night created a secret group on facebook call Birds With Feathers, I have already added Pavlina, Debbie, Sarah and Val as they are already friends with me on FB it would be lovely to get the rest of you on there too!

So to join facebook all you need is to go to http://www.facebook.com - pop your details in and then add me as a friend (send me a PM and I will confirm my full name) you will then be able to see all the stupid things I put on facebook, plus pictures (and you can post your own too!) I do need a volunteer to be admin as well as me so someone other than me can join people to the group - I dont think its an onerous task at all but just in case I get run over by a bus!..

I will then add you to the secret group and voila! a private space with no prying eyes, and you can post piccies too.

Hugs to you all,

Ruby.xxx

PS - open to all BWF's on this thread whether you were there last night or not 🙂

kinsse

Afternoon ladies,

Thank you for an absolutly fantastic weekend, it was lovely to meet you all and see you in person. I'm still smiling at some of the discussions we had!!

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning all, i hope everyone got home safely from last night..what a fabulous group of ladies we were (not sure the hotel staff will agree though????)

Still shaking my head and smiling at 2-3 time a week!!!!(Ruby you are fantastic!!)

My balloon was very quickly confiscated by the princess this morning, but the butterfly has a special place on the notice board (thank you so much for such thoughtful gifts).

Birds without fat.... will not be starting today as i have just made a yummy Lemon Yoghurt cake, Rocky Road next and Princess and I made meringue nests with fromage frais and fruit to have for desert after the roast beef dinner (with edible roast spuds!!!)

Well had better go and spend another hour in the kitchen (just wouldn't be a Sunday if i didn't spend the whole day cooking)

Love to all as Always

Sarah xxxx

supertrouper

Here I am sitting in my bedroom at the Falstaff Hotel in Leamington Spa. Just about to go down for breakfast.

Just wanted to say that meeting everyone last night was just as good as I thought it would be. Despite the lock on my door failing and having to sit on the floor with my pink balloon whilst the hotel people tried to fix it.

I think you are all amazing women and I am proud to know you. WE ROCK!!!!!!!

So, from birds without feathers, to birds with feathers. I think the next stage agreed last night was birds without fat!!

Hope you all managed to keep your balloons and butterflies!

Debbie

p.s. Ruby, you are inspirational, not just because of what you have been through but also the 3 to 4 times a week comment. WTF!! For me it's more like 3 to 4 times a year (or it was over the past ten months). I am hoping to improve on that!

jiggyjoo

Have a really great time,girls. Wish I could be there.

Will raise a glass(or 2!) to you all tomorrow evening.

xx

supertrouper

I am packing some tenalady and tissues too. I am hoping there will be lots of tears from laughing to wipe away.

AA route planner on the internet says it will take me 2 hours and 14 mins to get there. I aim to set of at about 1pm so should be there shortly after 3. Just in time for afternoon tea or something stronger depending on how the traffic was.

Guest user
Not applicable

Yes Pavlina Definately gaining weight but think combination of tablets and comfort food. Will try harder after the weekend.

Maybe you need some Tena lady!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See you all tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xxx Kim