Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STARTING CHEMO IN AUGUST 2011

Guest user
Not applicable

Re: STARTING CHEMO IN AUGUST 2011

Hi everyone
Collected prescription for mouthwash, have been given corsodyl.
Had appointment with oncologist today. They just wanted to check how I was, and to inform me on all the possible se's of Tax. Wish they hadn't bothered as now I will imagine I am going to get everyone. They then added dont worry just let us know if anything gets too bad. Really wish they had left me in ignorance. Still musn't complain as T is classed as the gold treatment, and it means that bit closer to finishing treatment. Was also told that I will be having three and a half weeks of radiotherapy, 5 days a week.
How are you feeling Mavis after your first does of Tax?
Doesn't seem to be as busy as normal on this thread. Hope it doesn't mean all you ladies are poorly. Perhaps you are all outside enjoying this lovely sunshine.
Love Val xx

sivam

Hi Ducky and all,
had a go at hand bell ringing a while ago,there was so much for hand eye brain almost like trying to conquer gigong,tai chi,wonderful in the hands of experts.Trying at the moment to handle my time management with the use of my timer set for 15 mins,it is amazing what one can achieve in 15 mins.I subscribe to a website(free)called flylady.org teaching how to manage clutter and housework routines( a bit like having your mum digging you in the back to get something done:))I have to do something to come out of the doldrums,dont want to fall in the well again!!Have to go the timer buzzer tells me to get off this keyboard.
Love and Light Mavis
oven timer every hour tells me to drink water,Ex Head OH thinks he is back at school!!!

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Mavis

Yes head gets very tender to touch just before hair starts to come out once it comes out it settles down. They don't say anything about the tender head in the chemo books. Runny nose seems to be quite common may be due to hair loss in nose.

Glad the birthday party was a success.

Just been out for an hour to visit the hand bell ringing group I belong to havn't been to ring since March. Was lovely to see everyone they loved Raquel and I even managed to have a go at ringing again.

XXX Ducky

sivam

Hi Everyone,
18th birthday was a great success for me, felt they had kept it family and low key for my sake(party pooper)have come out of the doldrums,still some dizzy spells and trouble sleeping.Had enough energy to make a huge batch of vegetable cakes today and planted some bulb pots,be lovely to see the results if the dratted grey squirrel keeps away.Looking at latest posts seems that 3rd treatment is the greatest trial.I agree Val everyone is surprised that all seems well on the surface and makes onlookers feel better for seeing it.
Found good website thehaven.org.uk scroll down to haven at home couple good manageable exercise dvds.
Please everyone have only minimum side effects on those with treatments looming.
ps my follicles are screaming is this normal?To think I gave lectures on the life cycle of a Hair follicle and its health,the text book never included "chemo poisoning"!!
(((HUGS)))Mavis

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone
just checking in and keeping up to date with everyone. Not a lot to report here. Have just been to Boots to collect prescription for a mouthwash. They have had to order it so I have to wait until tomorrow. Can't imagine what it is when a store like Boots have to order it specially. To add to mouth problems I now have what seems like a cold sore on my lip. (I never ever suffer with colds, cold sores or anything) Also find I have to keep wiping runny nose. Apart from all that not feeling too bad. Met some friends today that I havn't seen since beginning of all this, and they kept saying they cant believe I look so well. Everyone seems suprised that we still look ok and normal, whatever normal is. Seeing onc. tomorrow so hope all is well in that department. Will check in again tomorrow and let you all know.
Good luck to everyone having treatment over next few days.
And for everyone else hope all your s.e's are little ones.

kinsse

Hi
I don't seem to be having any menopausal flushes yet - is that good, but I still seem to be having my periods which i was really hoping to stop, I'm 46 so coming up to that age

xx

jiggyjoo

Hi everyone.
We all seem to be suffering more after FEC3 I wonder if its an accumulation of the drugs?

I certainly feel a lot worse after FEC3 Awful fatigue and my legs feel so weak I have a job to walk! Today at least I'm starting to eat more so making the most of it! Indigestion bad and disgusting taste in my mouth!

Do hope you all start feeling a bit better soon.

Take care xxx

rubythursday
Community Champion

hmmm interesting that quite a few of us are having menopausal symptoms - weirdly I am not and I am wondering if having done it all once before in 09 I maybe, just maybe wont have to do it all twice? Hmm scrap that there is no way I could be that lucky!

IF (and its a big if) I have been through all the hot flushes etc then I would just like to reassure you all its not as bad for most people as you think it might be!

Would be a bit odd though as am still having visits from auntie flo every now and then - oh well just have to wait and see!

Ruby.xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi All
Off to have 3rd FEC today, trying to stay positive but it's hard. Hope symptoms for you ladies will soon improve.

Just have to take it as it comes i suppose
Best wishes to all
Jane

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Heather

Yes to hot sweats all night about every couple of hours and even during the day. Like you have check temperature and its o.k. menopausal symptoms for me I think. After second FEC every thing felt tender to touch was a bit like that this time but not quite so bad.

Hospital gave me Laxatol last time I was there and this helped with constipation although really made me feel sick to drink. Think 3rd FEC seems to be giving us all more problems or same problems which last longer still tired 12 days on but guess blood counts lower each time we start the next cycle.

xxxx ((hugs))) KIm

tigerpig

Morining ladies.Iam day 5 post 3rd FEC and feel like crap,megga hot sweats all night,but temperature ok.These injections playing me up more this time,feel achey from head to foot.
Wish i could go to the loo,think i need a stick of dynamite.
Sounds like some of you other ladies are havin it rough too.
Put my wig on today,sick of been bald.
My skin feels tender too,anyone else have this?
Weather here is lovely.soz for any spelling mistakes cant think straight.Hope you all have a good day
Love Heather x

slinky

Hi Kinsse,
very usefull informationabout Tax.... hope the SE keep beeing good.
about putting up photo,, u need to go onto your profile and press edit, scroll all the way doem and there is a window saying add photo. press browse and add photo from any file you have on your laptop or pc, click save and it should add automaticly.. hope this will help...
Nice to hear from you Ruby , I am like you feeling much worse after tha last FEC..., but hoping for the good days..still dreaming about food , but must say the thoughts about fryed food makes my stomack turn.. speak later ,, good luck with the injectionts
Pavlina xx

kinsse

Hi all

Well had TAX 1 yesterday and so far so good. Feel so much better than day 1 after Fec, like you I felt dreadful for the first week after my fec 3.

I had no sickness last night at all and I am usually up all the first night being sick and even woke up this morning at 6am with no nausea, i was given a lot less anti sickeness tablets this time as they are not so necessary. Didn't sleep at all sunday because of the steroids but fell asleep at 10.30 yesterday and slept till 6am so feel great today, probably hit me later though so will regret my words.

My bloods were great yesterday, WBC and newts were high due to the steroids raising them but the nurses said you have to be careful as you could be fighting an infection as well

I want to get a picture on my profile, how do you do it??

Hope you start feeling better soon. I also found green and lemon tea much more tolerant as I went off the taste of milk. I'm into cranberry juice and tinned grapefruit in the morning, try and start my day with some healthy fruit

Got to ring the district nurse now and make sure I'm booked in for my lovely neulsta injection today and that reallly makes me ache later in the week so not looking forward to that along with the TAX aches and pains.

Make sure you put your dark nail varnish on your finger and toe nails day before you start TAX.

Take care everyone

xx

rubythursday
Community Champion

Hi ladies,

I am here - just not my normal self! Day 5 post fec 3 and still feel rubbish. No energy at all am still spending about 80% of my time in bed as even getting up for a shower wears me out! Indigestion and sickness much better this time due to new drugs but still feel sick and am hyper hyper sensitive to cooking smells and anything my nose doesn't like (I nearly had to sleep in the spare room last night as hubby sprayed deep heat on a dodgy knee - yuk)

Got my Filgrastim injections to look forward to - better stock up on the ibuprofen!

Hope everyone else is coping ok.

Ruby.xx

slinky

Morning bwf,
Is very, very quiet on our thread....
welcome to Impatiens, great idea on stocking up on food,especialy if you suffer from constipation and heartburn.. good luck for friday , I am sure you will do well , drink loads of water even when you are receiving the chemo or take some sweets with you as you might get funny taste in you mouth...ask anything you like and i will have all my fingers crossed for you on Friday..

I am day5 after FEC3 and still feeling a bit yuk...drinking green tea is seems to do the trick..my brain is out of bound and I cant think straight.... I also have a little runny nose and developed a lovely sore under my nostrils, anyone experience this? not sure if I should go to see the GP . I normaly get sores when I have cold, but no idea what is going to do this to me whilst no imune system in place..

girls,, where are you?

xx

impatiens

HI everyone.

I'm starting with first session on Friday so I just about sneak into the September sesssions! I'm very envious of those of you who are already a couple of sessions in, mine was delayed because of infections, i was pleased to have finally been given a date but now getting a bit nervous.

I had a portocath fitted last Friday, is a bit sore but fine. But can't imagine it feeling ok enough to have chemo put through it in four days time - it feels too sore, But hopefully it'll be fine.

Im going out to buy lots of things I think i might like, for some reason I've become fixated with tinned peaches...think it's a relic from my childhood so it's just comfort food really. But I've kept an eye on this thread while I was waiting so have a few ideas of the kkind of thing I'll stock up on,

I'll have to see what end of the spectrum I'm on - very sick to not at all sick!

The sooner it begins the sooner it ends!

All the best to you all.

sivam

Hi ducky I have a mixture of taxotere+cyclophosphamide,the chemo dept dont have a protocol for this yet but have a license to use it,my chemo nurse told me it was now being used more and more and for all age groups,T in for 2 hours followed immed: by C for 15 mins,then long run of saline,as long as it moves along the pathway of those 28 affected nodes doing its job I should,nt moan.
Mavis

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi BWF

Have been invited for flu jab this coming Saturday. I have rung my chemo nurse and she says good to have flu jab but would be best to have it when blood count is at its highest as it works better so advised to wait till results next Tuesday and if o.k. have it in the afternoon. This will be two days before TAX. Had a battle with the doctors receptionist who said if I didn't have it on Saturday I would have to have it on October 15th. I explained that that would probably be when my bloods were at their lowest. So she said she would have to check with doctor to see if they were able to do individual appointments. I ask you all for a blasted prick in the arm!!!! Anyway booked for next Tuesday afternoon if I don't have to cancel due to count. Sorry for the moan but seems a lot of hassle just for a jab.

Glad you enjoyed your weekend away Val. The onions brought back memories as last FEC son brought me a piece of toast and the flora (other margarines are available) tasted like garlic/onions.

Nice to hear form you Cackles keep posting!!!

Mavis sorry to hear you have been so ill was it TAX you had?

XXX Ducky

Cackles

Afternoon ladies. I have followed this thread from day one but for some reason when I post it hasn't come up . Don't know what I have been doing wrong. Some get through others don't. I had my last FEC a week ago and have been so lucky. Apart fron sleeping +++ no real problems. Dreading the Tax next week but it might not be too bad. Let us hope they have zapped these alian cells. I don't know what to do about the flu jab, in fact I had such a bad dose last year I half blame it for starting the cancer because of low immunity. I always react to the jab and end up with a slight throat etc- not something I want on Tax. What is eberybody doing? I wish I had it a week pre chemo but forgot to ask.
My Hickan line has now settled down - who takes them out and where?
Be of good health -thinking of you all in our next big step towards the end!!! Anybody out there near Oxford who would like to do a Look Good at Maggies?

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone
Hope you are all coping,wont say doing well as I know a lot of you are suffering.
I had a lovely weekend away, weather glorious, ate too much, didn't drink as wine still tastes awful. It all made a lovely break as at the moment I seem to spend such a lot of time at home.
My eyes are feeling really heavy and watery my lips are sore and my tongue and mouth feel furry. Have just rung doctors and asked for prescription for a mouthwash that might help. The mouthwash I normally use isn't helping.
Mavis - know what you mean about food smells, after FEC 2 I could smell wood soaked in ionions (only way I can describe it) no one else could smell anything and at that time I hadn't used onions in ages. It lasted for about a week. Hope you manage to enjoy GD 18th.
Good luck to everyone having treatment over the next few days.
I have appointment to see onc this Wednesday, not sure what for.
Ducky - I have also been advised to have flu jab, am booked in for this Saturday. My hospital seem to recommend it if you have had it in previous years.
Love Val xx

sivam

Hi Everyone,
Well, Ding Dong Bell,this pussy has certainly been in the well all weekend,boy was it bad in there, nauseous food smells everywhere,dizzy,floating in some nether space,now she has climbed out but still shaky,make up on, so now not scaring those around me,Deo Gratias.
Been told to have flu jab about 4days before next chemo session.The weather is glorious here and today I will appreciate it ,out tonight to a quiet celebration for the 18th birthday of my 2nd GD,just so glad to come out of the pit to think of going,hope the dizzy bits stay away and my eyes can focus.It means so much to be able to talk about ones internal ramblings to this forum,never thought I would be able!!
Again may I wish all having chemo this week Love and Light
xxxMAVIS

jiggyjoo

Hi Kinsse,
Good luck with your TAX this afternoon.

Yes the August thread is quiet! Hope all you ladies are doing well this wet Monday morning(well it is here but Indian Summer promised!)

Hope everybody had a reasonable weekend - lovely weather.

I'm day 5 after FEC3 and quite honestly still feel rough - nausea gone
but the fatigue is so much worse this time! Have acupuncture this morning which seems to help.

Good luck to all having chemo this week.

xxx

kinsse

Hi

Very quiet with the August thread lately. Have my first TAX this afternoon, dreading it. Took my 8 steroids yesterday as instructed and only managed 2 hours sleep last night so not feeling brilliant. Going for a walk with a friend this morning (keep busy and keep my mind off later) and then she's doing my nails for me.

I have my onc appointment and blood test all on the same day, not sure what they would do if my bloods were to low. My one hope is that I'm not sick as I usually am the first night

rubythursday
Community Champion

Hi,

There is a sign up in our chemo ward suggesting that we should book in for a flu jab when they are available so I for one will be doing that as I already feel a bit like I have the flu so dont need the real thing on top!

Pavlina I really hope the nurse has got it wrong and its only three of each for you 😞

No sickness yet but absolutely knackered and food tastes weird/little appetite. The antacids are doing a brilliant job compared to last time but have the energy of a paralized slug right now! Off to bed for me and will await the weird dreams.

Well I applied for blue badge on line and they came straight back and said yes, I think when I get it though I will only use it on really bad days. I feel a bit of a fraud actually but I suppose the mcmillan lady has a point about conserving energy.

Ruby.xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi BWF

Just wondering if anyone has received a letter from their doctors inviting them for the flu jab.

Will have to check out whether this would be recommended whilst having chemo or whether that is the reason they have asked me.

Hope all of you are doing o.k. today Pavlina I hope you are not being sick fingers crossed it is only 3 FEC. Sarah hope things are settling down for you after the trauma of the last few days.

Ruby Alsation tart sounds lovely May have a (German) Shepherds Pie tonight.

xxx Ducky

slinky

Hi Everyone,
Day 1 after 3rd FEC, felt really tired last night and was vomiting for the first time, but not sure if it could be due to indigestion tablets called Ranitidine , doc told me to take one before chemo and other in the evening…… Not took one this morning only my steroids and anti-sick tab called Ondasetron which I have taken before, will see what today brings.
Just caught up with all the updated post from everyone, sorry to hear Twinkle about your rough time with the pick line, I hope you are still keeping your chin up it must be hard with all this crap going on…(( Hugs))) from me too.
Ruby how r you? You are right about the loss of hair in the nose, I have been told about this before chemo and my nose is dripping without me noticing it, I have tissue and mirror in my handbag the whole time ! I hope your SE are ok today.
Mavis, I know exactly what you mean about over dong it, I was ambitious with my shopping trip before and had to learn the hard way to take time, now I shop on line and just make short trips to supermarkets for milk, bread, veg, e.t.c, or just to have a browse.
Ducky thanks for the website, I will check this out, also my MC Milan nurse applied for disability grand for me, she said it is to help with thing during treatments. I am feeling guilty about all this help, but on the other side I have worked and input into society so maybe is time to get something back?
I had a little setback yesterday as the nurse seems to think I am to have 4sessions of FEC and 4sessions of TAX. I need to see the consultant before my next poisoning and discuss this..
Anyway hope everyone is ok sorry if I did not mention you all.
Mwah xx pavlina

also find a website which very interesting http://www.chemocare.com/ loads of advice on blood counts and food..

tigerpig

mavis-I too learned the hard way,even though iam younger some days i find it hard to get down the stairs.Give yourself loads of TLC,before we all know it chemo will be over!!!

Goodnight all BWF Heather x

tigerpig

Ducky-Thanks for that,Heather x

sivam

Hello Dear Friends,
So glad you are all surviving FEC 3,Sarah your picc line incident must have been traumatic,I fortunately had a nurse who was a princess of cannulas which has left only the tiniest pinprick,normally I go black and blue.Ruby sunny day here as well in Merseyside,feeling great yesterday after 1st T+C Weds,sore throat on swallowing, strange burnt sugar smell coming out of every pore,no nausea,poor steroid sleep problems,went for Healing code treatment all so good decided to visit Costco for big food shop,big mistake half way round really felt my age dizzy and wobbly,had to sit in car whilst patient worried OH paid and packed an enormous shop,so I have today paid for my learning and will do as I am told in future!!Val hope you have a lovely weekend we had to cancel this week caravanning in Norfolk due to all this.I too have used manuka honey for throat and it seems to help.Sorry everyone for a long boring ramble,(((HUGS))) To all BWFs,Mavis

Guest user
Not applicable

tigerpig

Hi debbie no such look here,get parking half price,but means nothing when you have to walk so far.
will have a chat with my breast nurse though.Thanks
Heather x

supertrouper

Hi Heather - I don't know which hospital you attend but mine gave me a free parking permit with disabled parking within both local hospitals. Worth asking your Breast Care Nurse about - mine sorted it out for me within a couple of days.

Debbie

tigerpig

Hi-Ruby i to have thought about applying for blue badge,i dont know weather its these injections we have to have,but i cant walk far at all,was always fit,went to gym and dance classes.But now have no energy at all.With havin to go for bloods weekly a blue badge would be a god send.often have to park so far from hospital,nearly had to get hubby to give me a piggy- back last time.Thank god for benches on route to entrance.
Any idea where we apply?

Heather x

tigerpig

Hi Ruby glad your FEC3 went ok,Ihad mine the day before you,so far feeling ok.Iam also on stronger anti-sickness drugs which seem to be doing the trick.
I have lansoprazole for my acid,been on them a couple of weeks and they do help.chemo nurses said to try soda water,which helps to bring up wind.
Beautiful sunny day here,wish i had the strength to do a bit of gardening,but enjoying watchin hubby do it.

Val-enjoy your weekend away x

Jiggyjoo-I drink manuka honey in hot water,its good for acid indigestion,also good to have a spoon full when mouth gets sore.

love to you all Heather x

jiggyjoo

Hi Ruby, glad that your FEC3 went well. Do you know the name of your
anti-sickness drugs?

I had runny eyes and nose after chemo 2 and thought I had cold but came to nothing. I really can' eat much apart from dry snacks(crisps,biscuits etc) until about day 4 - then I go mad!
Really don't have any energy and feel quite dizzy when I walk round-another day in bed with T.V and mags, is calling!

Bye for now xxx

rubythursday
Community Champion

have a lovely weekend in Norfolk Val - take advantage of the times when you feel well enough and live life to the full!

I have slightly itchy runny eyes but nothing major, also have the drippy nose but think its cos of no nose hairs maybe?

Just had fec 3 - got stronger anti sickness meds this time and ondasetrole (or something like that) for the acid and indigestion.

Roll on a week or so when I start to feel like a human being again - hubby is downstairs making pastry (bless him I boss him around all the time and he still loves me!) as I have a fancy for Alsation Tart for dinner (no alsations are actually harmed in the making of the tart - its caramelised onions!)

Enjoy the sunshine if you can ladies, and if you have some!

Ruby.xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Morning BWF

Val have a lovely weekend in Norfolk "full report on monday please".

Jiggyjoo no eyes not too bad but look more blood shot that normal also feeling much more exhausted with 3rd Fec do get a bit of a drippy nose sometimes but havn't got a cold. Also throat is a bit funny today not sore but Im more aware of swollowing only describe it as a bit like swallowing a bubble I know that makes not sense.

Sarah so sorry you have really been going through it. Let us know how you get on with hickman line. (((( Hug )))

On plus side BCN rang me yesterday for social call to thank me for the drain bags I have been making for the ladies. She said Rads are not half as bad a chemo. So anyone with that to come like me there is hope (sorry Val taking your wigs name in vein)!!!!!

xxx Ducky

Guest user
Not applicable

morning all BWF's
Just a quickie. Had about 5 hours sleep last night, that is good for me. Have decided as weather is looking good we are going to Norfolk for the weekend. Have to take every opportunity fitting in with chemo, onc appointments etc etc.
Hope everyone is OK. Will be back on here Monday.
Love Val xx

kinsse

Hi Jiggyjoo

I felt a lot worse after FEC3 and didn't like the taste of water or the milk in tea, I found lemon tea or green tea refreshing. I find on my first week I don't like the taste of anything sweet but like bitter or acidic things (grapefruit, cranberry juice are my favourite).

Does anyone have watery eyes, the last couple of days my eyes have been watering and my eyes seem really heavy and tired and my eyelids seem more swollen. I still have my eyelashes but wonder if they're beginning to fall out and that's why.

jiggyjoo

Morning everyone.Hope you are all O.K. Good luck to all those having
chemo today.
Sarah, so sorry that you have had a bad couple of days - bad enough
having the chemo without having complications. Hope all goes well today.
Had my chemo on Wednesday as neutrophil were up enough. Lovely male nurse with gorgeous blue eyes! Took my mind off the 'poison' going in!!
Feel worse this time than FEC 2. Far more nauseous and yesterday even had problems drinking - any suggestions for drinks that appeal? No vomiting thank goodness.
On the plus side - half-way there!

Bye for now xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all BWF

Well the last couple of days have been eventful!! Went in on Wednesday to have a Picc line fitted, after 5 attempts to get into veins in my arm (leaving me looking like i've been attacked by a hedghog and covered in bruises) they ended up putting a Hickmann line in, that too a couple of attampts to as my vein was hiding under my artery (aparently i have a small neck!!) what should have taken half an hour took 4 hours!! so my chemo was delayed til yesterday.
Woke up this morning to find blood all over my bed and need to go back in to have my line checked and dressings changed (AGAIN!!)
Oh well FEC is now finished Yippppeeee!!!!!

Hope everyone is doing well and sorry for the moan (again)

Sarah xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

well girls must say I am now feeling guilty after reading about all the lovely things you are all cooking, will have to dust of my Delia cookbooks, does it count if I just sit on sofa and read them? But I do have an excuse I only had 2 hours sleep last night. Thing is I still don't feel tired so will stay up as late as I can in the hope that when I do go to bed I might get a couple of hours sleep. Good luck to all having treatment tomorrow and may all your se's be small ones.
Val xx.

Guest user
Not applicable

Pavlina and Ruby

Hope all goes well tomorrow will be thinking of you both. Just think no more FEC and 50% done and on to T and biscuits.

Ruby have made the fishcakes with tinned salmon before but have never tried pilchards or sardines so will give that a go. Made quite a few so have 5 in freezer for another day.

Off to bed now to try to concentrate on a book.

xxxx Lots of Love Ducky (Kim)

rubythursday
Community Champion

I had to shave my legs this morning too - how unfair is that!!

I agree with slinky about the cooking - it gives me something to concentrate on and I love doing it, having said that my four curries from scratch took me 2 hours flat out to cook and my kitchen looked like someone had dropped some semtex in the middle of it - tasted fab though - especially the saag aloo (spinach and potatoes) and leftovers for hubby tomorrow too 🙂

Ducky - tuna fishcakes are one of my favourites, I always make double and freeze some. You can also use tinned salmon/pilchards or sardines or even smoked mackerel and weirdly tinned tuna is actually better than fresh for fishcakes! Spanish pork stew sounds lovely - will put that on my list of things to cook!

dreading Fec 3 tomorrow - think I will be like the dog when we take him to the vets and he knows hes going.... heels down, tail between legs and sulky look on my face!!!

Ruby.xx

kinsse

How do you guys manage to get your FEC done so quickly, mine is usually over 2 hours. The only reason I am looking forward to Tax on monday is because I've been told it will only be 1 hour, can't think of anything else good about it!!

Really cheesed off that I had to shave my legs this morning!

slinky

I must say Ducky the cooking is acctualy great for me. I have been eating healthy and so do my children .... and it gives me something to do.... I also have been reading cookbooks and delia on line has some fabulous recipes....
hugss from me too xx

slinky

Hi All,

Had to go back to hospital today for another blood test as the last one apparantly shown high (something) which meant my liver might be getting damaged by the chemo, had it done and it came back ok this time... so fine for tomorrow , I also cooking crazy dinner, started last night with roast tomato and basil soup and plum cake, and now I am finishing spanish pork stew with chorizo and potato, not that I am particulary hungry, but just need something to do and not think about tomorrow... my OH is taking me to cinema tonight, that should be distracted enough...

Nice to hear from you Caroline, I have been thinking about you if you are ok...and how is your SE...

Good luck Ruby with your cooking( it must be the pre chemo nervs) and good luck for tomoroz . mine is at 1.45 hopefully... last time it took 30 min....(6 syringes)

will catch on later and see How Twinkle and tigerpig are doing..xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Never been keen on cooking but Ruby has inspired me. Just made tuna fishcakes I know I can hear you all saying but there not hard Ducky but at least they not out of a box which is a hugh step for me shame the tuna came from a tin. Even sat on sofa with recipe book to see what I could do tomorrow.

Really fancy some lovely healthy salad stuff tonight again due to the quilt of the cheese and onion pasty at lunch time.

xxx Hugs and stuff Ducky

Guest user
Not applicable

Double Ducked!!!

Guest user
Not applicable

Ruby I do admire you all that cooking. Like ducky mine also comes out of jar at the moment.
About the blue badge I was also sent form to fill in, I decided not to apply, as I am still quite active 2 weeks out of every 3, But they do have a point about saving energy for other things. I still can't decide on this one. But once again as ducky also points out lots of people use them who don't need to.
P S can't believe I only had 2 hours sleep but have managed, with help of OH to do weekly shop today at sainsburys. On reading this not sure help from OH is the right thing as we come home having spent loads of money on things we didn't really want.
Val