cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STARTING CHEMO IN AUGUST 2011

Guest user
Not applicable

Re: STARTING CHEMO IN AUGUST 2011

Afternoon girls-Lovely sunny day here in Felixstowe. Just come back from a lovely pub lunch and couple of glasses of wine. I know its not good for the weight that is still going on but it was very enjoyable. Feeling happy, might be the wine. Going to chiropodist this week also having a manicure. Feeling good, just wish I could love my hair but I hate it so grey and short with 2 black patches. Am going to see my hairdresser to talk to her about a colour the week before my holiday in May. Hoping if Ican get rid of the grey I will feel better. Has anyone had a permanent colour put on their hair yet? A rinse won't cover the grey and dark patches on my head. In May will be 5 months since I finished chemo so should be safe.
Hope you are all enjoying this lovely weather.
Val pp

tigerpig

Morning Troops,
Got the sun back here today gr8,Ducky you will be off cruising in your new car today with the top down..enjoy..least you wont have to worry about your hair getting in a mess.I could go through a wind tunnel and my hair would stay the same.

valk-a day at a health farm sounds wonderful..getting spoilt by mum even better.

Iam out with shropshire girls today for lunch,so happy the sun is shinning.

Hope you all have a good sunday whatever you may be doing,Heather x

Guest user
Not applicable

HAPPY APRIL EVERYONE (white rabbits, white rabbits, white rabbits)

Sun is shinning again this morning after yesterday being cloudy.

Mavis fantastic news you will be joining us makes a lovely number of 10 of us.

Picked up new car yesterday but too cold to drive back with the top down.

Love to everyone
xxx Ducky

supertrouper

pinch punch - first of the month! again!!

Guest user
Not applicable

Mavis so glad you can make 21st.

With such very short hair and glasses thought I looked a bit manish.
Decided for the first time to go for contact lenses. Takes some getting used to and I still need glasses for reading. Not sure if I look any better but will persevere. Still only going wigless indoors, but its such a nice feeling not wearing wig.
Hoping by my holiday in May I can leave it off permanently.

Heather know what you mean about the upset. My eldest son had been living with his partner for nearly 12 years when she decided she wanted to live on her own she moved out and my son was left with the house and all the memories. He needed a lot of support from family for a long, long time. Fortunately no children involved. But as a parent it does affect you to see your child so upset(he's 40) but still my child. All you can do is be there for them.

Really looking forward to 21st only 3 weeks away.

Val pp

kinsse

Mavis really glad you can make it now, it wouldn't have been the same without seeing you

ST yes I am okay with all foods, just need to get rid of my sweet tooth

I'm shattered at the moment, broke up yesterday for easter holidays, but have had a really hard week with the boy I look after, he's been impossible! and had a few evenings out, so really tired yesterday evening, but did manage to go to the gym this morning and did some running! but now had a very lazy day just pottering and reading.

I've got some good weeks coming up, YS birthday on thursday then going to somerset to my parents for easter and having a day at the health farm with my mum (Cedar Falls Ducky if you've heard of it) and then not long till we all meet up. Just wish for some better weather

supertrouper

Mavis, fantastic news!! so glad you can come to the get together after all.

I shall be sending out all our contact details by email this weekend. Just think, in just three weeks time we will all be together. Hope the weather is nice for us.

tigerpig

Mavis,

Great news that you are now comming to meet up,just would'nt have been the same without you!!!:0)

Have had GD for a few hours,just taken her home,iam now shattered.Have just chopped up aload of veg and thrown it in oven,thought roasted veg with fish is a nice quick easy tea.Fancy some yummy cake for pudding,but got none in,got such a sweet tooth,vallpp-yes i could graze all day.

Have got meet up with shropshire forum girls tomorrow,lunch out and lovely company,how lucky am i.

love to you all Heather x

sivam

Supertrouper can you persuade that nice young man to make it a table for 10,YES I CAN GO TO OUR MEET UP!!!:0)
Fortunately the Warwick Racecourse Camp could re book us for some of the days so will arrive Thurs night and leave Monday.Clever daughter has managed to re book OHs appointment with the desired Consultant.
Really looking forward to seeing you all.
Heather so sorry about your daughter,it really does hurt to see them in pain.currently my darling grandaughter has had 3 rejections from uni,the final one yesterday she is devastated,she is highly academic has received A*s for all exams taken and is predicted A*s for finals,but she is also a dancer and model so is not just academic,we are all at a loss about these rejections except there are 15 students chasing every 1 place in Dentistry,she works Saturdays in her fathers practice.It is hard to tell a young person that this hurt will make her stronger.
Love to you all xx Mavis

supertrouper

Hi everyone

I have spoken to the nicest young man at the hotel and he has said there will be no problem having a table for nine for 7:30.

Ducky - I have sent you a PM about the other things we discussed (wink)

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi ST

7.30 is just perfect -

xxxx Ducky

tigerpig

Sounds good to me,exciting thinking its not long till meet up x

supertrouper

Hello Ladies

I am going to ring the hotel today about booking for our meal, what time shouldn I book for? I was thinking of 7:30.

tigerpig

Thanks ST no diet requirements here x

Guest user
Not applicable

ST

Thanks for doing booking. No diet requirements for me. Like Ducky says I also need to go on a diet.
Is anyone else still doing the comfort eating, I seem to want to eat non stop.

Val pp

Guest user
Not applicable

ST

Thanks for doing the booking. My only diet requirement is that I need to go on a diet!!!!!!!!!

xxx Ducky

supertrouper

Oh Heather - such sadness in your house at the moment. I hate it when any of my children (all adults now) are upset.

Petrol queues are stupid at the moment - so much panic buying! I am glad I filled up my cars last week when I had the chance. Should keep me going for at least 4 weeks.

I had physiotherapy again today - first since Rads. Cording is quite bad and she did hurt me when she tried to "pop" them. She only managed to do one but stretched some of the others so I do have better arm movement. She did as me why I had decided against reconstruction - which I thought was odd because I haven't decided one way or the other - yet. I went to see a friend in the same hospital whilst I was there, she had her reconstruction this week and had 3 drains in place. Brought it all back to me how awful it was to cart the drains around in that bag! She looked good though and should be home tomorrow - she let me peak at the new boob and it looked good!

If it's okay with everyone else - I will book for the evening meal at the hotel for April 21st - does anyone have any diet requirements that need to be taken into consideration?

tigerpig

Morning girls,

Sweated on and off last night like a pit pony.I should be a size 8 the amount of sweating i do at night.
My mind sometimes goes into overdrive too,drives me mad,not always to do with cancer either,just loads of stupid stuff..go away let me sleep..

With me being oestrogen + i have stopped having any dairy products,at the moment iam trying Almond milk,i love milk and i love Almonds,Almond milk?? not so sure,will take some getting used to.

Joined the queues for petrol yesterday,we have non left in our village,i have a few hospital appointments comming up,so thought it best to fill up.

Daughters boyfriend has left her,well us really,cos he was living here,they were engaged and have been together for 4 years.My hubby and i miss him so much,he had very much become our son.Daughter is beside herself,very sad strange times at moment.

No sign of any sun here today,we have been spoilt with all the lovely weather we have been having.

Love to you all Heather x

slinky

evening girls,
yes to a meal on sat night.. Lokking forward to it.. who is going to book it?

ST I can say yes to 2, but I am also short of a breath sometimes.
I have been doing my cross-trainer evry day for a half hour... energy level is building up..

I had a lovely lunch with Ruby on tued, it was great to see her in person and chat . which it will be the same with you alla in a few weeks!!

well I am of to bed with a cup of tea..
speak soon xxx

tigerpig

Evening girls,Yes a meal at the hotel on saturday night sounds good.

ST yes to 2 and 4
your doing well on being able to do number 3,iam with ducky on that one,my knees just don't want to bend.

Have been into work today to have a word with my manager and iam going to be put on rota to return to work in may.Iam really excited,feel ready at last to grab my life back.They are being really good with hosptial appointments and Herceptin treatment days,any i want off,just let them know.

Iam still doing yoga,pilates and swimming and energy levels keep improving.

Mavis-Gutted you wont be comming to meet up,you shall very much be missed,but as others have already said,you need to be with your OH.

Love to you all Heather x

supertrouper

Ducky, I forgot to mention the tightness to the MX site! And occasional breathlessness.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi ST

Yes to leg aches but they don;t keep me awake
Also yes to dips in energy can keep going for a couple of weeks and then suddenly need a sleep in the afternoon.
Yes to the standing up I find it very hard to sit on the floor with my legs under me in the kneeling position they don;t seem to want to fold in two!!!!!!!
Finger tips are getting better slowly but still comes and goes. Toes still numb and feels like walking on balls of cotton wool very strange feeling.

Also aches and pains in shoulders and tightness around MX sight.

I am glad you have posted this as I was getting worried that after finishing chemo in November everything should be o.k. by now so sorry you are getting these things but does make me feel a little less worried.

xxx Ducky

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi ST
Yes to 1, 2 and 3. Fortunately with no 1 it doesn't keep me awake.
Don't get no.4.

You don't seem to have many answers to your question on booking a meal. Do we assume that everyone agrees and go ahead and book.
Val pp

sivam

Yes Supertrouper,I can say yes to 2,3,4, on your list,achey limbs most of the time but Thank God they dont wake me up.
Saw Surgeon yesterday and had yet another 240 mls drained from Seroma and antibiotics again because of compromised skin,although to me my skin looks so good in the Rads area,still better safe than sorry so will have to give myself another course of acidophilus to look after my good bugs if I have any left.Because of the cough I am to be xrayed and because of a bubbling oesophagus I am booked for a Gastroscopy all a tad scary but at least all angles being covered and assessed.I too see the Onc soon on 11th April.
Must now go and hang out some washing,have been using tumble dryer for ages and just got a very scary fuel bill so must try and cut down on consumption.
Love and Light xxMavis

supertrouper

Make the most of the nice weather ladies. It looks like the temperature will drop at the end of this week, just in time for Easter.

How is everyone feeling now? I am asking because I want to know if it is "normal" to still feel like this :-
1. I get a lot of leg ache which seems worse during the night and can keep me awake.
2. Sudden dips in energy.
3. Difficulty in standing up if I have been kneeling down.
4. Numb and cold feet and lack of feeling in fingertips.

I could go on... reason for me asking is I have a meeting with my Oncologist next week and I want to be able to ask the right questions.

Deb

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks Val

Yes it is quite thick bit like me!!!! It is curly though which is mad as my hair was always straight as a yard of pump water as my nan used to say.

xxxxDucky

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Mavis
so sorry to hear you can't be with us on 21st, you will be missed.
Hopefully if all goes well as I'm sure it will we can all meet up again sometime. Hope all goes well for your OH on 20th.
Val pp

Guest user
Not applicable

Ducky
Your hair looks fantastic so thick. Mine is still very thin and grey with 2 black patches, not enough of it to have a colour yet. Am wearing wig when I go out but am leaving it off in the house.
Val pp

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi All

Yes I agree it will be much easier to eat in hotel than have to choose somewhere else.

My OH is coming too Valpp but he will be happy to make himself scarse and go elsewhere to eat maybe the guys could all go out together. I do know Heather's husband is coming and I think maybe Ruby so that will be at least 4 not sure about Cackles.

It's getting nearer now and I am really looking forward to it's. I think it will be just lovely to see each in the flesh (no stripping off though)

xxx Ducky

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi ST
Not sure what we agreed about meal but think it would be a good idea to book at the hotel as there is I think about 9 or 10 ladies and it is Saturday evening when it could be a problem getting booked.
What does everyone else think.
Val pp
P S My OH is coming as I don't want to drive down on my own, but he will disappear and go out for his meal. How many other OH are going.

supertrouper

Morning Ladies - another glorious day again. Remember to keep your zapped skin covered up or use the highest factor sun cream.

Quick question about our get together next month. Is it agreed that we will eat together in the hotel on the Saturday night?

Pavlina, sorry to hear that you are having problems. If you want to pm me I am a good listener.

Enjoy the sunshine - I wonder if this lovely weather will end with a storm?.

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Pavlina

Hope you have a lovely lunch with Ruby. Give her a big hug from the rest of us.

Sleep well.

xxx Ducky

slinky

ahh girls,

I have completed ,introduction to counselling and enroled for the next year.. I am meeting Ruby tomorrow in Leicester, because she is coming to see the plastic surgeon and we have decided to meet up for lunch beforehand...
Cackles, I understand about you need to be with your Hubby, but I shall miss you on the 21th, you are a great inspiration to me..and I hope you OH is going to be perfectly fine..
I am going to bed and I shall sleep tight.
pavlina xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi All

Just updated my picture. Think I pass for a Julius Ceaser look alike!!!!!

xxx Ducky

supertrouper

Mavis, sorry to hear you might not make it to our get together but like Ducky says, your place is with your husband at times like this. Sending you positive thoughts xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

OH Mavis

What a shame but yes you must be with your husband. We will no doubt meet up again if everything goes well and we will Im sure all look forward to seeing you then.

Please give my best wishes to your OH that the surgery goes well and for a speedy recovery.

xxx Lots of Love Ducky

sivam

Hi BWF's,
I am in the arms of a great big dilemna!OH has a balance problem caused by problems in his spine called "Forrestiers disease"basically spurs on the spine,he has had 2 operations in the past called a Wallis procedure,putting a cage round areas of the spine all of which gave him great relief.the problem is now in his neck hence poor balance.He has just had an MRI and now has appointment with his amazing consultant on the afternoon of Friday 20th April*** eek the day before meet up.We have booked Caravan site for a week starting Wed before meet up,I have tried to change appointment but this surgeon lectures worldwide and is hard to pin down,it is only through my daughters "Matron" influence we got an appointment at all.
So looks like I will have to cancel the Campsite at Warwick Racecourse and worse still our meet up,I am gutted,but after 55 years marriage cant let him go it alone,especially after what he has gone through since last May holding me together.
I am really sorry to miss seeing you all.
Love and Light xxMavis

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Pavlina
I can only say the same as ST and Ducky. We are closer than ever and my OH says I am still the same person. As Ducky says this is not your fault, nobody asks to be put in this position. You sound as if you are a lovely caring and bubbly person. Like most people on here some days we are more confident than other days. Do you think it could help your OH to have some counciling (spelt that wrong) sessions?
I really hope you can work through this.
Pavlina sending you loads of love and hugs.
Valpp xxxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Pavlina

It could almost have been me writing the post that ST has posted. Yes I think we are closer now. My husband says I am still the same person underneath and he loves me more now. We have been together for nearly 29 years so maybe that helps.

Pavilina I do hope your OH can work through the way he is feeling. Just always remember that it is not your fault your are a strong, lovely and caring person and he is very lucky to have you.

Loads of Love and big ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))
Ducky xxxx

PS

ST I'm Blushing as well xx

supertrouper

My OH said he felt the same way about me as he always had. I sometimes feel like frankenstiens monster with the flat chest wall and horrible scars. My darling husband has seen me stripped of my crowning glory which was always my hair. The second thing he said he loved about me was my boobs! He is still with me, and if anything, I think it has brought us closer together.

Having said that, we have been together for 28 years. When I was diagnosed with cancer I told him I would understand if he wanted to leave. When my hair started to fall out I said the same thing. Our sex life has been practically none existent (until this weekend (blush)). We are the same people that we were before bc except we have evolved into something new and stronger. Although, sometimes I am very weak, but not often.

slinky

hi, had a lovely time in devon

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi girls

ValK so sorry you are not doing well at the moment as others have said know exactly how you feel. Somedays feel fine and optimistic other days feel like I'm in limbo waiting for something bad to happen can't quite let myself feel happy as scared things will all go wrong. I'm sure we are all the same and the only thing that will help is time.

Beautiful day in Somerset went to the garden centre for a few plants this afternoon.

Have finally sorted out betty the boob. Found she made me very hot and always seemed to end up lower than my real breast I have found some cotton covers from Nicola Jane to put the prothesis in and this helps with the heat also have found Mastectomy sports bras keep everything nice and level!!! They also fit against chest wall nicely so my help with the gardening problem Heather. They are also more comfortable around as have wider elastic.

ST as far as I can remember Ruby is staying in another hotel 5 minutes away and Mavis is staying in her caravan and Sarah will be going home.
Heather, Cackles, ValK, Valpp, Pavlina, You and I are in the hotel. I think thats everyone.

Off to bed now. Sleep well friends.

xxxx Ducky

supertrouper

Valk - loving the new photo - you have more hair than me and it's blonde! I used to be blonde and now I have this dark haired stranger looking back at me when I look in the mirror. I totally understand about how you must be feeling about the 1st anniversary - mine will be in May - and we will be on holiday so hopefully I won't remember.

Sorry Heather but I can think of nothing worse than someone rubbing my feet!! especially as I lost a big toe nail this week.

Can I ask for a heads up on who's coming to the meet in April as I only have 6 contact details including my own! Just say if you are coming and if you are staying in the hotel or elsewhere.

I am enjoying the sun - and it is supposed to last until next weekend.

tigerpig

HI Troops,
Valk iam sure we all know how you are feeling,i for one have days of complete despair,it really is the pits to feel like this.Hope it does'nt last long for you.WOW you look fab,love the hair.I think Herceptin is slowing my hair growth down,but still happy with the bit i,ve got.

Slapped on loads of sun cream today and did abit of gardening,its a pain because you lean forward and you have this flat area on show where there used to be a breast,must get some high necked t-shirts,or do the gardening in a polo neck,LOL.

Daughter,s gift for mothers day was reflexology session,might book that for some time this week,i love my feet rubbed,heaven!

Not long till our meet up,can't wait!!

Hope your all enjoying the sun.Loads a luv Heather x

kinsse

I've put a current photo on as I had to e-mail my mum a photo as she hasn't seen me with hair and is trying to visualise what it looks like from my description.

Today seems to be a very long day and dragging. I'm not doing to well at the moment, I think because I'm getting the results from my mammogram in 10 days so worrying about that and also this time last year was when I was diagnosed and waiting to have my first op so I'm spending a lot of time thinking back and going over those conversations with the doctors and having to tell people.

But, on a positive I am thinking it's not long till we all meet up!

Traditional english food for our french exchange - roast chicken and roast potatoes with yorkshirse. Just realised I forgot to make a chocolate cake for him though!

kinsse

Morning all,

I'm back from the gym and feel as if I'm starting to get fitter now, not so tired after work every day, just occasionally.

I haven't worn my wig now for 2 weeks and it's lovely, had a lot of positive comments from people who actually prefer my hair like this!! the colour seems to be 'softening' as well and turning browner, only got to last 10 days and then i'm having it coloured at a hairdressers that close to the public 2 mornings and just deal with cancer patients (hate saying that word)

Our french exchange student is here now and the two boys seem to get on well

Have a lovely day all

Valk

BrainyBlonde

Hi all,

Just to say I am going away for a few days. I actually changed my mind completely and decided that OH and I could definitely do with a holiday. Hope you all keep well and continue to improve over the next week.

Love and best wishes
Jan

PS I'm not even taking my wig eeeek.

Guest user
Not applicable

afternoon ladies-sun has been shining here this afternoon. Have just been for a long walk with DIL and the dogs. Went out for the first time without my wig and it felt wonderful. Still dont have the courage to go out wigless on my own but going with DIL seemed to make it OK.I sound a bit pathetic!!!
Cackles hope you have a great holiday.
Heather and Pavlina you will so enjoy LGFB.
Mavis I am still doing the oils and poly bag treatment for feet 2 or 3 times a week feet are nice and soft but toenails are still a horrible colour and the one that I keep thinking will come off soon is very sore.
I have read a lot about the aspirin but still not sure, think I will check with onc or GP before taking as I take 2 different tabs for blood pressure and want to make sure this will be ok.
Looks as if the weather will be nice for the week-end and remember we alter the clocks this week so more daylight.
Hope you all have a really good weekend.
Valpp

slinky

hi troopers,

I have listen to the news about the aspirin and cancer... they said it is cheeper than giving Herceptin and Tamoxifen.... but who do we belive? shall we use butter or margarine? tea or coffee?...I knwo i sound sceptical . sorry.
I have just finished my first week at work and I must say it went ok... I am going to Devon for the weekend and hope to have a nice weather. also my cross-trainer arrived on wed and I have been doin half hour each day...beeing so fat makes me feel so down. I am going to LGFB in April and looking forward my goodie bag..
girlies, have a lovely weekend and Cackles you have a fab holiday xxx

sivam