1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STARTING CHEMO IN AUGUST 2011

sivam

Re: STARTING CHEMO IN AUGUST 2011

Hi Ducky,which camp did you use in Chertsey? and was it easy to get into London?Son has an apartment in Islington I have only seen it once in 10 years and then it was to kidnap him(he had a breakdown and was drinking)didnt really see the apartment just this pathetic figure,so daughter and myself "bungled" him on a train and brought him home to get well it took 4 months,Thank God his employers were very supportive.Now that he is mended I would love to see his surroundings but not actually to stay with him,dont really care for City Life.
Now trying to pack the caravan for Warwick Racecourse but have to do it in Baby steps soon get knackered,clambering up and down the step with armsfull of house contents and OH in my ear telling me we are only going for 5 days:0)
Tomorrow my big brother is 80 a stomach cancer survivor,he is amazing and walks for miles daily,his family are having a surprise lunch for him,dozens of children nephews and neices are to hide in a booked hotel room and surprise him.My children think we should all have name badges it is 25 years since a gathering like this and several new additions have arrived on the scene.
God another essay think I have got verbal diorhoea,sorry
love and Light xxMavis

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi All

Heather went to three shows, Phantom, Ghost and Billy Elliot. Also went on the LOndon Eye on the Sunday. Had a lovely weekend but so tired this week.

Glad everyone seems in good spirits really looking forward to next weekend can't believe it is only a week away!!!!!!!!!

xxx Ducky

slinky

Heather,

LGFB was fabulous... the make up is wonderfull, it must be a good 200 pounds worths of stuff... the ladies were so nice and we all enjoyed it ...
xx

tigerpig

Mavis,good news about xray.
As you know i also am on Letrozole,joint pain is getting better,got the return of night sweats at the mo,would love a good nights sleep..Iam never quite sure which is giving me SEs,Letrozole or Herceptin.Never had Femara,i have a brand called Accord,All in all not so bad.

Just come back in from my pilates class,feel nicely stretched and sleepy.Got my 4th dose of Herceptin tomorrow so doubt very much i shall get much sleep tonight.

It has been a really weird day here, weather wise,hail storms this morning then blazing sun this afternoon,going cold out now though.

ST,yes i've seen a few recons in the flesh so to speak,they look amazing,i think thats what got me thinking of having it done myself.

Kim,did you manage to see any shows whilst in london?

Pavlina,How did today go with your LGFB session?

Heather x

sivam

Hi Bwf's,
Afternoon tea sounds great and smart but casual for dinner sounds good too,packing the bling in a caravan is a bit onerous,if I did bling:0)
Saw ONC today chest xray looks ok,he thinks it may be allergy to Letrozole so told him I would put up with cough.In fact I was given the last allowed box of Femara by my Pharmacist and the cough is not as bad,no retching,soon I will be on Mylan Letrozole,so I will monitor the difference.I am to have a ct scan as well as Gastroscopy for bubbling Oesophagus,again Onc is leaning on the side of allergic reaction but nice to know is covering all angles.The sleep fairy has eluded me these last few nights think it was the "what if gremlins"so hope I can recapture a sleep pattern.
Looking forward to our meet,so glad we could change Hospital appointment for OH.
lOVE AND lIGHT XX MAVIS

supertrouper

Hi Heather - I talked to my breast surgeon before I had my mastectomy and he agreed that I probably had enough stomach skin and fat to do a diep flap reconstruction. He did suggest that I ate a few more chip butties first! At first I thought I wouldn't bother with a reconstruction as it meant more surgery, more recovery, more time off work. Then I started to see it as something that was my choice, and a way of returning to how I looked before the bc started the process that quickly stripped me of my hair and one breast. I have a friend who has just had her reconstruction done, she is delighted with her new breast and tummy tuck although seeing her in hospital with all the drains in place did make have second thoughts for a while.

tigerpig

Evening Ladies
Meet up in the afternoon sounds good.
Shall we all hold a red rose,or will the short hair be a dead give away.LOL

ST i see your thinking of recon,any idea which?I see there are a few options. I ve been thinking more and more that this is the way i want to go,although i will have to wait until after february next year when i finish Herceptin.I wouldnt worry too much about going wigless,there will be another 9 of us with very short hair too!!

Cackles,do hope your ok and not picked up any bugs from your cruise.

Pavlina,enjoy your LGFB session tomorrow,i go for mine on the 17th of this month,cant wait

Love to you all Heather x

supertrouper

Afternoon tea sounds delightful! I wonder if the bar will be open ;-/

Week two of being back at work and not feeling as tired as I did on the first day back. Only started the new job 2 weeks ago and today I mentioned about having reconstruction done later this year and needing time off. He said we can work round it - so that was a good response!

I intend to dress smart but casual for Saturday evening - to be honest, I don't do posh! It's taking all my courage to even think about going without my wig - but I will do!

slinky

Hi Girls, afternoon tea sounds great. My OH is taking me and it should only take us about 40 min.... I will aim to be there for 3 ish. how do we know when you all arrived? Shall we say 4 ocklock lurking in the reception area?

Had a busy day , gardening today, early bed for me , I think. I am going to LGFB tomorrow. Iam looking forward to it..

girls, I am so exited to meet you all... xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

ducky-sounds great. Like the idea of meeting for afternoon tea.
valpp

Guest user
Not applicable

Would be great to meet up in the lounge for some afternoon tea girls!!!

xxx Ducky

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone - will also arrive on 21st mid afternoon so would love to meet up with anyone there.
Valpp

kinsse

morning all,

Am down in Somerset and have managed to get the computer from my son. Spent the day with my mum yesterday at a spa and feel thoroughly relaxed and chilled.

|I've had my hair dyed now and feel so much better with normal hair colour.
I'll be leaving on the saturday about 1pm, when the car is free and I think it will take me about 2 hours so would love to meet in the afternoon as well.
ST - sorry I thought I'd sent you my details, but I'll pm you them now

supertrouper

I am so excited about us all meeting up! Using the AA route planner on the internet I think it should take me just over 2 hours to get down to the hotel so intend setting off at about 1pm aiming to be there for 4pm at the latest. We have a new foster dog arriving in the morning so want to see him settled in before I leave.

Happy to meet up with anyone that arrives mid afternoon.

I will be getting out all the contact numbers via email hopefully tonight. However, when I look at the list, these are all the contacts that I have. If you are missing off the list please can you send me your details asap?

Supertrouper
JustlikeaDuck
Cackles
Poodle Patch
Slinky
Sivam
Tigerpig

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Heather-used a permanent dye same one as used on my original hair, looks slightly different to before but so nice to get rid of grey and black.Will be so glad when it grows a bit more. I am getting on OK with contacts they are for distance so still need glasses for reading. Took me about a week to get used to them, find it easy putting them in but sometimes need a couple of goes taking them out at night, but its early days.
Mavis I agree would be lovely to have first meet up in the afternoon for any of us that arrive early. Then all meet up for dinner. Am now feeling quite excited. Had a little giggle at what it will look like 10 ladies sitting round a table all with very,very short hair!!!!!
Val pp

tigerpig

Afternoon Girls,
Mavis you are having a rough old time of it lately,fingers crossed for your chest scan.

Valpp,bet you feel like a million dollars,did they use a permanent hair dye?Only used a semi so far,would like to try a permanent.
How are you getting on with your contacts?I only used to wear glasses for reading before chemo,now i have to wear them all the time.Don't like wearing them,but feel i can somehow hide behind them.Would love to maybe try contacts sometime.
Good for you on ditching the wig.Heather x

Guest user
Not applicable

afternoon girls
Just come back from hairdressers had hair dyed in my usual blonde colour which has covered up the gray and black very well. Have been advised to stop wearing wig as my hairdresser says it will grow much faster by letting the air get to it. Will take her advice and "ditch the wig". Am beginning to feel much more like the old me. (although sometimes still suffer from fatigue) but not too bad.
Have 1st check up with onc this Friday 13th.
Hope you all had a good easter, apart from the awful weather.
Have decided I won't even let the weather affect me, its not that important. After what we have all been through in the past 10 months
I amd glad I am still here and feeling good.
Mavis hope the x-ray goes well this afternoon.
Love to all Valpp

katieb

Thanks Mavis. Hope the X-ray goes ok this afternoon. On the subject of filling the caravan - lists are mt greatest ally at the moment - write everyhting down, but if I forget it, so what!

Take care
Katieb x

sivam

Hi BWF'S,
Sorry not posted for a while,had two nasty virus one in my computor and a stomach bug which lasted 3 days,a stark reminder of chemo days and left me even more tired than Rads fatigue.
Somehow my computer virus check was switched of,using Malware, my son was able to see that the virus was loaded on April 1st and timed to explode my machine on Good Friday,a Fixer Site then popped up asking for 70dollars to repair it,the whole thing was a scam based in Nigeria.Hoping when my older son comes in from London on Friday he can fix it all,currently using an old Laptop from daughter no 1,and it is really taxing this addled mind.
10 days ago my Credit Card was cloned again M and S say it is a Nigerian group based on the M25 loop and the Police are on it.
This afternoon I am going for chest Xray re this yukky constant cough,inevitably the gremlins have reached my mind.Waiting for gastroscopy for oesophagus inspection,more gremlins whispering!!
Tomorrow I see my Oncologist re Rads follow up,they have been somewhat slow on that one.
Katieb,hello again,I was told to cover up that area and always wear a baby sun cream factor 50+,I also had extra neck Rads and find that the hardest area to cover.
Trying to summon the energy to start filling the Caravan for the season,even finding equipment and stuff is a nightmare I had Chemo brain when I emptied it:0)Our visit to Warwick is spurring me on, getting excited about seeing you all,Do you plan an afternoon meet up first and then meet up again for dinner,beginning to wish I had booked the Hotel will have to keep in touch from Thurs 19th by text cos I wont be online,Ideas on a post card please!!!
Love and Light xx Mavis

katieb

Morning ladies

Just wondering if anybody has been on holiday abroad yet and how they coped with sun? I know we have to use Factor 30-50 but is it also essential to keep the area that received radiotherapy covered all the time?

I still read all the posts although don't send many (sorry!) I'd be grateful for any advice.

Katieb x

tigerpig

Hi Troops,
Back from a few days at caravan,got GD 3rd birthday tomorrow,would'nt have missed that for the world.
ST, Queen of puddings!yummy,not had that for years.Looking at your new photo i think my hair is about the same length as yours.
Pavlina,Japan fantastic.
Cackles,Welcome back,sounds like you had a gr8 time,have missed your postings.
Ducky,Hope your enjoying london,i would love to see phantom of the opera,hope you get to see it.

I have had quite a few headaches the last few days,any of you other ladies on Letrozole suffering with these? or maybe its the Herceptin.Having my 4th dose on friday,i seem to be flying through them.Have got another heart scan comming up,i think touch wood that my ticker is ok,I asked my ONC about doing zumba,she adviced me against it,excercise yes but nothing too vigorous.
Now that iam feeling more myself i keep thinking of having recon,i said i never would,but as the saying says, never say never.Will have to have a word with my surgeon,he did say at the beginning that he would do recon when treatment was finished.I do miss having a cleavage and this heavy prothesis drives me mad.
Not long now girls till meet up!
Hope you all have a godd BH Monday.Love Heather x

supertrouper

I was told by the nice man at the Hotel that a table for ten wouldn't be a problem so everyone can relax and just look forward to it!

My 365 Omega3 oil capsules have arrived today - will start taking them tomorrow.

Updated profile photo shows "work in progress" with hair. 14 weeks worth of growth and nearly enough to "style"

Cold and wet Easter Sunday here. Roast lamb for family tea followed by Queen of Puddings.

BrainyBlonde

Welcome back Cackles. Your holiday sounds so much fun.

ST - I got on OK. Everything seemed to be alright although I didn't ask too many questions which I maybe should have done. She gave me a really nice Fit to Work note saying my workplace should be adapted to enable me to work from home as much as possible bless her. It's not the work that is the problem for me so much as the journey to and fro - 60 miles each way! I always was able to work from home at least one day a week before all this but now I definitely need to do more at home. I told her I was still having to take Tramadol and had started taking 75mg aspirin a day and she seemed fine with that.

I met up with a friend I have made through chemo at the hospital and we compared notes. She had an elective double mastectomy and is experiencing some acute pain in her chest. She said it was like having a cheese wire pulled tight around her chest poor thing. I have been lucky with this and not had any really pain in this respect.

Pavlina - I've been to Japan a number of times with my work. It is very interesting and different. I can't quite explain. As I was working all the time, usually with jet lag though, I didn't really get chance to enjoy it.

Love
Jan
x

Cackles

I am so out of touch after the past few weeks holiday. I will have to read rather than wash and iron tomorrow. We had a superb cruise. The weather was amazing and even on the last day there was snow in Glencoe so we nearly went for a quick ski. The Hebridean Princess was such a joy. As one lovely old character informed me..".this is not a cruise my dear...it is a house party !"
Have I been booked for grub in Leanington or shall I just come and drool over your food? I need no further intake of fine living but might manage the odd crust.
Hugs
Cackles

supertrouper

Jan - was wondering how you got on yesterday?

Latest foster dog has gone home and the house seems very empty without her. I think she stole a few socks whilst she was here. Very cold and wet day - hoping for a better day tomorrow.

Hope everyone is enjoying the chilly bank holiday weekend.

slinky

ST how fabulous news and you too Valk,
Ducky have a fab time in London..
I am going to colour eggs tomorrow with my children . It is a tradition where I am from and I want that keep going... I love to see all the lovely painted eggs on the table over easter... I am also going to easter vigil on sat night..we ussualy go to the monastry of St Bernards it Witwick.
well, having a nice time with my mother and tomorrow my OH is cooking and we are all having a dinner together...

anyway have a lovely easter girls...xxx
p.s ducky I love your bunny rabbit xx

supertrouper

Went for my appointment with my Oncologist today - she went through all my notes and looked at my mastectomy scar and chatted about reconstruction before autumn of this year! (GULP) Anyway - she looked up from my notes and said "I don't want to see you again, I will hand you over the the breast surgeon and you will see the breast care nurses every three months for the first year, then twice a year, then once a year until five years are up" Bone density scan next, then mammogram close to the anniversary of diagnosis so probably June.

I asked for, and got, a copy of my pathology report which makes interesting reading! I also asked if I was in "the land of NED" - she asked if that was something off this forum!! I said it was and she said "Yes you are!!

So its a great big WHOOP from me.

sivam

Hi All,
A glorious day here in Merseyside,but did a drive to Oldham all the hills around the Pennines deep in snow even on the pavements in Oldham.We took an old battered Baptismal Bowl to be repaired and Silver plated before my Chemo and we collected it today it is beautiful although still some slight damage and will be used when 2 adults are baptised at our Easter vigil Mass.This project has somehow become a symbol of all the abrasive treatment that myself and OH have been through,we are now shinier with some damage:0)
Cackles are you back from snowy Scotland yet?
Love and LIght xx Mavis

BrainyBlonde

Hi all,

ST - I've got my last onc appointment today too! I am going to ask her for a Fit to Work note with conditions.

Went to the Look Good Feel Better session on Tuesday. It was great. The eyebrow stencil thingy was really good so I've ordered some stencils from EBay. The products were fab too although daughters are circling like sharks now!

Tried doing without painkillers the last couple of days and felt really sore and achy last night again so I'm going to continue taking a smaller dose for a little while longer.

After a horrendous day yesterday weatherwise it looks a lot brighter today thank goodness.

I read a magazine last week which contained an article by Olivia Newton-John. She was saying that when she was diagnosed with breast cancer a Buddhist friend of hers said 'Congratulations, now you can grow!' She thought that it was really strange at the time but now can see that it was true. Quite an interesting thought!

Hope you have as good a day as you all can.
Jan
x

kinsse

Evening all,

Well I've had a good day, firstly my first mammogram was clear, just got back from over 2 hours waiting but didn't mind when they said those lovely words, also got examined and okay.

I also got my hair dyed to honey blonde and I'm really chuffed with it, she put some wax in and fluffed it up a bit and I think now just passes as a normal trendy haircut. will try and update my photo later.

Pav my son has also got his first choice in uni, Canterbury to study ecology (as long as he gets his grades that is!)

enjoy London Ducky, we live so near yet hardly ever visit, guess I worked there for years so got my fill then

Valkxxx

supertrouper

Oh aren't we a busy lot - all getting back in living our lives away from hospital appointments and treatments. It all seems like a bad dream now when I look back on the past ten months.

I have Oncologist appointment tomorrow for my 6 week post rads check up - I am going to ask for copies of my path reports. I am still waking during the night with lower leg aches but will mention that too tomorrow.

Ducky - hope you have a fabulous Easter break - take your thermals and hot water bottles, it looks like its going to be a cold one!

Guest user
Not applicable

Mavis - Hope they can give you the 'magic injection' the Rev mentioned. That seroma must really be getting you down after all this time.
Valpp

Guest user
Not applicable

evening girls
Ducky have a lovely easter in London.

Pavlina congrats to your son for getting into Uni.
Enjoy having your mum stay. Japan that really is something to look forward to.

When I read on here now and compare it to 6 months ago!!! How well and positive we all seem to be getting on with living.

I still have a few brief moments when I think "what if" but I suppose we all do that as Pavlina says live for today.
I have booked in with my hairdresser for next week she is going to try and do something with the colour of my hair. Hoping I will feel more inclined to leave wig off if she can cover the grey and black patches. Went to the chiropodist yesterday and he said I have some fluid under my big toenail, the one that is loose. Don't think its anything to be concerned about but I will mention it to onc when I go for check up on 13th.

All have a super easter.

Valpp

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Girls

Pavlina firt of all congratulations on everything and especially you son getting into UNI. Have a lovely time with your Mum.

Mavis you will be a computer wizard before you know it

Sending big Easter Bunny Hugs to everyone will not be on over Easter as off to London tomorrow afternoon with the caravan staying at Chertsey and going in each day on the train. Plan to see some shows possibly Phantom again and Billy Elliot and Ghost depends on availability. Really looking forward to it as eldest son is coming too and our young french girl is arriving tommorrow in London and we will be picking her up to join us in the caravan.

xxxx Ducky

sivam

Pavlina, Japan always wanted to go there,there is a waiting list at the moment on Japan journeys for cherry blossom tours which is what I would like to see,they have Autumn fall when you go and all the Maple trees will be in their glory.I have seen New England Fall when we hired a Motorhome to tour it was magnificent.
(((HUGS))) XXMavis

sivam

Supertrouper,thanks a trillion,it is so fantastic when one learns a new trick.God,77,and posting a new thread I will be Facebooking and tweeting next.When I started this site with the help of Poodlepatch I typed everything with one finger,now the tap tap tapping fast sounds I make are quite musical.I am chuffed thanks for teaching this old dog new tricks.Dont know what I would have done without all BWF's help and inspiration during this last year,so glad I found you all.
Love and Light xxMavis

slinky

Hello to you all,

Firstly , so much to catch up on... I have my mom here from Prague and spending some time with her... My son got an unconditional offer from Kingston uni and he decided to go there in September. I am already missing him, but I know he needs to move on. we are going to London next week to sort out his accomodation for next year.. money,money,money..
I am feeling much better, strangely far to possitive for my liking, I have also started reahersing at the theatre , we are doin 'copacabana' in October and I went to dancing last night and now I am feeling it...(legs oohh,ahh)
Mavis, fabulous news that you are joining us, I am really looking forward to meet you and your mystic ways..
I am booking a flight to Japan to visit my friend in October. He is a teacher and he has been living there for a 4 years. I always wanted to go there and now I think is the best time... live for today, I say.

see you very soon xxx

supertrouper

Hi Mavis

You need to click on "forums" then select your category - then you should see on your right hand side (towards the top of the screen) the "new topic" option. pm me if you get stuck, I can call you and talk you through it.

sivam

Hi girls,
Can any of you techy people help me,
as you all know I have had a highly productive Seroma since early August,at first it was drained every 10 days and now is being drained every 28 days producing about 240mls and since Radiotherapy given antibiotics after each draining.I would like to start a new thread on the forums,to enquire if therE are any more Seroma victims out there,I do not know how to start a thread,HELP!!!
Love and Light xxMavis

supertrouper

I am loving reading that we are beginning to find our mojo's! I think that is how I am feeling this week. Back to work yesterday and was exhausted by 3pm! Today was better, I did three hours voluntary work at the local hospice retail shop and then three and a half hours at my paid job. Doing mornings tomorrow and Thursday due to BT coming to install infinity tomorrow and then Oncologist appointment on Thursday - and then it is LONG weekend! Not back in work until Wednesday after Easter and then it won't be long until we meet up. Not too late for anyone else to join us!

jiggyjoo

Morning all. Hope everyone is feeling well. Do wish I could have
joined you on 21st.April and hope you all have a wonderful time. Eldest son is coming from Thailand after teaching there for 7 years - very exciting!

Jan - we moved back from S.W. France just over a year ago. We lived there for 3 years but missed family and friends. Having a holiday home there sounds a really great idea - good luck!

Feeling O.K. apart from cold which keeps coming back - am on anti-biotics now for sinus infection. Probably low immune system after all the treatment. Up and down days with fatigue but thankfully now more ups than downs!

Have a good day x

BrainyBlonde

Hi all,

Been to the South of France for a few days looking for houses!!! I can't believe I did it with the help of my wonderful OH. Being out of my comfort zone and planning and executing the trip worked wonders for my confidence and I finally feel as if I'm getting my Mojo back! We are thinking of downsizing here and getting a holiday home down there. The places we visited were wonderful and it was such fun snooping around houses! The thought of our own bolt hole where we can just run away to when the going gets tough or the weather is awful really appeals now.

I have managed to get a cancellation on the Look Good Feel Better thingy this afternoon so am off to Sheffield. I hope to go back to work next Tuesday on a phased return if possible. I have been told I need a Fit to Return to do so and this may well have conditions attached. Has anyone else had conditions attached and, if so, what were they?

Thanks in advance.

Best wishes to all and hope you are all starting to feel a bit better. I am still having to take pain killers most days for general achy limbs etc and my skin on my chest has only just started to get back to 'normal' but overall feeling better. The real surprise is that I am really liking my hair! I had stayed with the same classic hair style for 30 odd years and am finding it so liberating being able to shower and go. Everyone is telling me that it suits my face and makes me look younger and I think they may even mean it. I think I would prefer it a little longer but, after that, who knows!?
Jan
x

sivam

Wow southern lucy,Thankyou so much for that post,it was so heartening to read and I will let Sarah read it too.She has lunch at my house daily as we live near her college,whilst she was here today she received a text from a friend wanting a vet school and she had been rejected.So now more than half of the Gifted and Talented group at her college has been rejected,what on earth is happening?My friend has 2 children doing Medicine at Leeds and they love it,one of them was a second time applicant.
Just found out that I and my OH are victims of identity fraud,all very cleverly done through geneology sites,I had shopped on some internet site so my card was used,a man posing as OH asked for address change and lost card his female partner was able to give my details and knew the maiden name of my OH mother(geneology search)voila they got a card and our card became extint.Fortunately we spotted card refusal and it was nipped in the bud,so we now have CIFAS stamp against us for our security,this means if we wish to enter a credit agreement an alert kicks in.So for the next 10 days my lovely M and S card is dead.
(((HUGS)))MAVIS

Guest user
Not applicable

Dear all, as ever snooping on your site as one month on from me. Love to read your news.

Mavis, sorry to hear about your grandaughter and dentistry. My youngest applied for Medicine the year before last and didn't even get any interviews despite being predicted straight As She did get in to UCL to do Biomedical Sciences but the prof interviewing advised her that if she really wanted to do medicine to hold her nerve and apply the year after. Which she did, having spent 6 months working in a nursing home, bar and local GP surgery and then 6 months travelling/working including summer camp in US for special needs adults, had a wonderful time and started Medicine in Leeds last September. It was heartbreaking to watch her distress at the first lot of rejections when she had worked so very hard. A lot of her fellow med students are second time appliers, apparently actual grades count for more than the predictions at the initial sorting of applications. Rose is also a dancer (contemporary). Just wanted to say really that if she wants to it is worth going for it again. Wishing her all the luck possible whatever she decides to do.

My WII is very abusive and points out that I am obese. ST I also have the aching leg/hip (mainly left) which keeps me awake at night. It was like that before BC and I have had a bone scan prior to chemo and doesn't hurt when walking so I have convinced myself it is nothing sinister. Having googled it I thought it might be bursitis.

Hoping you all have a lovely time at your meet up, we will all want to hear about it. Julia x

sivam

Hi everyone,bitterly cold and damp here,a shock after the lovely sunny weather.
Super trouper I take a product called orac omega and also Udos Oil,I had to give them up during chemo and my skin became so dry and flaky it is much better now though.
Regarding hair colour it is safe to colour according to various studies from 3-6 months as long as a skin test is taken.As a hairdresser my hair has been coloured since my apprenticeship in the early 50's the last few years as a blonde,now I am a white and grey mixture,I think I have decided to leave well alone.I have a box full of hair colour,I used to buy in bulk as I have a trade card.think I will keep them for a while in case I change my mind.
My biggest problem at the moment is trying to lose weight,I keep gaining and losing the same 4 lbs,if I get any more adverse comments from my wii fit I think I will throw it through the window!!
Weight loss resources tells me if I do 30 mins ironing I will burn 69 calories!! so here goes,hate ironing with a passion!!
Love and Light xxMavis

supertrouper

Mavis - that was a very interesting article and I have ordered some Omega-3 capsules off Ebay. I do suffer from fatigue so it must be worth trying.

sivam

Hope this works,could read this site for ever and their newaletters are good
http://foodforbreastcancer.com/news/breast-cancer-fatigue-and-inflammation-linked-and-may-be-helped-...
(((HUGS)))MAVIS

rubythursday
Community Champion

Hi - I have ahd my hair permanently coloured for a few weeks now with no ill effects and it came out the colour on the chart - I got my hairdresser to do it though, too chicken to do it myself!

Ruby.xx

kinsse

Val,
I did put a rinse on my hair but didn't seem to look any different, but (can't wait) going to have my hair coloured on wednesday. It's a hairdresser that close to public two mornings and deal with cancer patients, either before they lose their hair or after, no charge, but I'm going to hand over my 2 wigs and all my scarves that I can't wait to get rid off. Can't wait to be a blonde again!! Although, I have hospital appointment in the afternoon to get the results of my mammogram, which I'm worried about and keep thinking the worse especially as my ribs are sore if I touch them under my boob, but I think they'll probably/hopefully say it's a result of the radiotherpy.

supertrouper

Good evening everyone - hope you have all had a good weekend. I had a lovely day today - went to a Spiritual Sunday event at a monastery in Manchester. Did one hours meditation and then walked the Labyrinth. Lunch then healing session with Hook healing trust. Came away feeling very calm but energised!

It is my first day back at work tomorrow - I got my P45 from old job yesterday along with some holiday pay - enough to pay for a new laptop so went and treated myself. Ironed everything we need for the next few days just in case I am too tired to be bothered. New house guest coming tomorrow morning until Good Friday - Springer Spaniel called Millie - very energetic young dog which will keep me busy!

Looking forward to seeing everyone later this month.