72.7K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STARTING TC x 4 ON 16th APRIL, IS ANYONE STARTING AT SIMILAR TIME ? ANY ADVICE ON WHAT TO EXPECT ???

4 REPLIES 4
ashley97

Re: STARTING TC x 4 ON 16th APRIL, IS ANYONE STARTING AT SIMILAR TIME ? ANY ADVICE ON WHAT TO EXPECT

hi all I have joined the april forum aswell, and yes taxiforjac it would be great to.talk to someone going through it at the same time, family are amazing but deep down they dont really know how it feels. how are you recovering after the op ? I had my lymph nodes removed aswell and have some 'cording' on the inside of my upper arm which is getting very annoying, as I stretch it out all day then wake up the next morning and it is tight as anything again. xx
Taxiforjac

Re: STARTING TC x 4 ON 16th APRIL, IS ANYONE STARTING AT SIMILAR TIME ? ANY ADVICE ON WHAT TO EXPECT

Hi Ashley. I had same op on 20th but haven't got chemo date yet. Will hopefully be this month! Will keep in touch with you for bit of mutual support!! X x
poemsgalore

Hi Ashley, a good idea would be to join the April monthly thread:

http://forum.breastcancercare.org.uk/t5/Chemotherapy-monthly-threads/Anyone-due-to-start-chemo-April...

Where you can share with others going through the same thing.

poemsgalore xx

Sam_BCC

Hi Ashley97

Firstly welcome to the forums, I'm sure some of the the other uses will be along soon to offer you their experiences and knowledge.  In the meantime you might find the BCC bookelt on chemotherapy helpful to read.  If you would like to order a copy or read this on line just follow this link:-

http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/treatment-side-effects/chemotherapy-breast-cancer-b...

Also if you have questions or would like to talk things through please do give the BCC helpline a call on 0808 800 6000.  Here you can share your concerns with someone who will offer you a listening ear as well as emotional support and practical information.  Lines are open Saturday 10 to 2pm and weekdays 9 to 5pm.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator  

ashley97

STARTING TC x 4 ON 16th APRIL, IS ANYONE STARTING AT SIMILAR TIME ? ANY ADVICE ON WHAT TO EXPECT ???

Hi all, I had a mastectomy to my right breast followed by latissimus dorsi flap reconstruction on 18th March. I start my chemo on 16th April 2014. I will be having 4 cycles of TC chemotherapy. It would be great to talk to other people going through the same treatment at the same time. Also anybody that has been through it that has any 'hints and tips' that may help would be great. The unknown is really scary, but I am sure there are others out there in the same situation as me. I hope we can support each other 🙂 xx