Salisbury

Im 45 with invasive ductal cancer, a single mum with a 3 year old. Anyone in similar circumstances in the Salisbury Wiltshire area?

bumping in case anyone is in area (unless you get at least one reply the post tends to not appear on the ‘front page’

Hi Chery,

Sorry about your situation - but your not alone - you have ME

I was dx on the 7th Feb with grade 2 ductal cancer (although I maybe grade 3 now as they found more tumours).

I live in Trowbridge, Wiltshire and have a 16 months and a 8 year old. My longer term partner left 3 days after we found out I had cancer (Men hey!).

So I am faced with having all the treatment (mx planned for the 18th March) then chemo on my own. I must say I am really worried how I will cope with the children - but being a Mum already makes us a super hero!!

It would be good to help each other along x x

Dear Cherylqb and Meemoo – saw your posts. I’m roughly in your area – West Tytherley, Hampshire near Stockbridge. There is also at least one other – in Pewsey – near us.(CEA49).
I’m 67, diagnosed in October with invasive lobular carcinoma. WLE/SNB then another WLE/ANC. Because of fairly extensive lymph node involvement I’m having 3xFEC/3xTAX, then 25 radiotherapy and Letrozole for 5 years. Begin Cycle 2 of FEC on Friday. I’m trying the cold cap and so far not too much hair loss, although I pick up a wig for insurance next week. I’m married, but no children. I really admire those of you who are juggling motherhood with this nonesense, I don’t think I could do it! I’m being treated at Southampton.

Love to hear from you gals, Cyber Hugs XXXX Louise

Hi Yankee,

Nice to meet you

Where are you being treated? I am having my treatment at Bath RUH. I am due to have a node biopsy next monday (4th) and then a MX with immediate reconstruction on the 18th. I have been told I’ll probably need chemo as well (oooohhhh so lucky hey!).

I am sooooooooooo excited that the cold cap seems to be working that is such good news - please keep me updated with this. I am hoping to try it if I go ahead with chemo. It’s hard to do this isn’t it yet alone lossing our hair - but needs must.
Did you have your hair cut to use the cold cap (it looks quite long and full in your picture). I’m just wondering how much I may have to chop off (i look dreadful with short hair!).
How did you feel on your first FEC? I do hope you having an ok time with it. I’ll be thinking of you on Friday.
Would be lovely to keep track of your progress.

Victoria (just realised you are being treated in Southampton - hope they are lovely there)

Dear Victoria – got your message! I am a bit over-tired this evening and have a full day at the hospital tomorrow, but wanted to let you know that I will answer at length as soon as possible. All the bes, Louiset

Hi there. I’m being treated at Salisbury although coming to the end of my treatment so actually having radiotherapy in Southampton at the moment. I’m 33, a single parent to a 12 yr old and from Tidworth. If you send me your email address i’d be happy to chat in more detail.
Sian x

Hello all! I have already ‘met’ Yankee & we are sharing hints & tips. i live near Pewsey & am being treated in Swindon, but I usually work in Wilton so am no stranger to Salisbury!. I’m 49 (big 50 coming up in the summer) was Dx in Dec, had WLE & ANC 4th Jan, then another cavity shave early Feb but they think they have now got it all. Starting chemo this Thursday… eugh! Then radiotherapy in either Oxford, Bath or Reading.
Happy to help with anything I can.
Caroline
x

Dear Victoria – sorry I have been so long with my promised reply to you. At the end of my first cycle I was so busy with practical activities and then I sank into the haze of Cycle 2, from which I am just now emerging. Anyway, I have written you a long missive, which I have sent as a Private Message. All the best, Louise

Hi all
i’m from salisbury originally, and regularly return and my family are still there. i’m 32, was diagnosed in feb and had WLE & ANC on monday.
hope you are all ok - just thought i’d touch base and say hi

Netty x

Hello to you all, I’m not far from some of you, I’m in Chippenham, and being seen at RUH,Bath, they have been fantastic. I’m 65, got diagnosed with dcis grade 4 last Oct, with Left Mx in Novemebr, and lost the lymph nodes into arm. currently going thro reconstruction, so suffering with growing pains.! but have managed to avoid the rad/chemo. so far.
I have a friend who now lives in salisbury. . My daughter is a single mum of 3- girl of nine & 2 boys 7 & 5, I know how hard it is for her, so must be very tough for you Chery.& Meemoo & smc78
This nasty doesnt care who it picks on, young or old.
Would love to keep in touch. My 5yrold grandson has a special word " Huggles", so sending lots of those to all of you .