Did you mean: 

Scared😪 Doctor confirmed lump

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted

Re: Scared😪 Doctor confirmed lump

I will be thinking of you tomorrow. Not long to go now x

Highlighted

Mine is at 9.10 so I'm hoping I'll be in on time and won't have much time to panic beforehand. My husband is coming with me thankfully.
Highlighted

Good luck to you too swmina, what time Tuesday are you going? I've got 3.15 weds
Highlighted

I just wanted to say good luck and stay strong to everyone waiting on appointments. I'm waiting for a one-stop clinic on Tuesday after finding a lump 2 weeks ago. The wait is driving me nuts. I really don't know how I'm going to cope if they do biospies and I have to wait for those results. One step at a time though. On the plus side - I've kept so busy the house is sparklingly clean!

Highlighted

Good luck for Thursday. I'm going weds 😣😣
Highlighted

Try to keep doing normal stuff, it gets you through. I kept working up to my wire being put in the day before surgery. My clinic have been brilliant at getting me through the system. Hope yours does too. Back next Wednesday for results to see what to do next. You can't help yourself by getting in a state, so try not to, cos it will only make you feel poorly. You need to keep your strength up for the road ahead , fingers crossed xxxx
Highlighted

Hi all , reassuringly I got my appointment through for the 12th of March as promised within the two week timescale given.Im still very worried and don't know how anyone gets on with normal day to day things 😔
Highlighted

Thank you I'm going to have to phone or I will go crazy with worry
Highlighted

Hi I'm from South birmingham, I have put a formal complaint in so we will see eh ! Thanks for your kind words I hope you are doing ok .yes I will be chasing the appointment next week ,I certainly can't think of anything else.
Highlighted

Hi Mrs-H

Welcome to the BCC forums, sorry that you're having such a difficult time at the moment. As others have said, the waiting is often the very worst time. You will recieve lots of support here, but if you feel it might help to talk to someone, do call our Helpline. They're great listeners and can direct you to other sources of help and information too. They're open 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturday. 0808 800 6000.

I hope this offers some support.

Best wishes Sam, Facilitator

Highlighted

It isnt any good telling you not to worry Mrs H because you will we all did, but hopefully your hospital appoinment will come up within 2 weeks, mine did.  I am just so shocked you had to wait so long for a doctors appointment , its terrible,I found my lump day after boxing day went to my surgery when opened after Christmas and got immediate appointment with my doctor, like yours she wasnt happy , probably was cancer she said,   referred me to hospital, saw them with 2 weeks, had operation  for lumpdectomy end January, Lymph nodes taken as well, luckily clear so awaiting tablets and radio therapy now. If you hear nothing within the next week i would definitely make a big fuss after you have been left so long and get seen.  I enquired re private scan,which was about £250.00 but luckily i didnt have to. Keep us posted how things go,.  What part of UK are you in.? you should certainly complain about your treatment, they are certainly not following the guidelines.june

Highlighted

Scared😪 Doctor confirmed lump

Hiya, I have been trying to get an appointment at the Docs since Dec14 ,finally attended yesterday.After a full examination the doctor confirmed she found 1 lump,thickening and a painful lump under my arm.Im panicking because she said "I don't like the look of that at all " and the fact my mom died of 4 types of cancer on 18/12/2014.The doctor was very good and assured me that I would be seen and scanned within 2 weeks.All I can think is the worst,it's spread already and I'm dying like my mom did.I feel sick 😪
T