Scared I got breast cancer

Hello I am 32 and for the last week I have had pain the left side of my left breast and my left shoulder blade and goes up to my neck. Now it seems I have pain all down my left side and really sore under my armpit.i have seen my gp and she gave me inflammatory tablets I’m so worried

Hi sweetpea2010, I am sorry to read that you are so worried, you are welcome here and I am sure you will find support from your fellow users. Please also feel free to call our helpline to talk your concerns over, lines open weekdays 9-5 and Saturday 10-2

Our ‘Worried about breast cancer’ contains information and support which you may find helpful:

breastcancercare.org.uk/worried

Take care
Lucy BCC

Hi sweetpea, why not go back to your GP and discuss  the fears you have, They could send you for a mammogram if they feel there is a need.

x

If you are not happy then i would go back to the doctors. Have the tablets helped at all? Have you examined yourself for lumps? I have pain and a lump and i’m getting seen at the hosptial next friday.

Hello thank you for your kind replies I went back to gp and now she saying it’s acid and prescribed me more tablets and to come back in two weeks if no better and they will refer me to the breast clinic doc did breast exam and there are no lumps x

Hi it’s been 3 weeks and 2 trips to doctors and the pain is still there in my left breast left shoulder blade and travels down my left arm it feels like a sharp pain and hurts when I breath in they have given me inflammatory tablets and acid tablets and they are not working in getting really concerned now

I have just come back from the dr sand she has referred me to the breast clinic I am a anxious person anyway but I am so worried

Thank you I have no other symptoms other than a sore neck that travels up to my ear I just hope the time goes quick xx

Still haven’t heard from breast clinic now I have a red little rash come up on my left breast by armpit I’m getting really scared now :frowning:

Hi sweet pea try not to worry i know how you feel in only 19 myself and im in the same boat my referral is just over a week away and i haven’t been sleeping well i only been waiting q few days but feels like forever and its quite uncomfortable and painful but I’ve took comfort from knowing it can be cause by lots of different things they have loads of info on this website, i am definately taking someone for moral support as in nervous haha. Try to stay positive and if you ever want me message me i wont mind because i feel its better to talk about what ever you feeling rather than keep it in. I wish you the best of luck and pray everything is alright for you. Leanne x

And i booked my appointment online and they gave the appointment if that’s any help x

Hi IP2
Thank you for your kind words I’m trying not to worry I haven’t even heart from the breast clinic as yet pain went for a day but has now come back I hope you are ok x

I hope you hear from the breast clinic soon.im waiting for an appointment as well ,I just want to be looked at ,hate waiting
From sam

I know isn’t the waiting horrible I’m so worried never been this scared I think I can feel a little lump now x I hope you hear soon too x

Hi thanks you, i know its hard because its always in the back of your mind i hope you get your appointment soon my is in a few days irl be sure to let you know how it it goes. If i was you i would try booking the appointment online it was really easy and they just offered me two slots. All the best and take care.
Leann :slight_smile:

I still haven’t had referall for breast clinic yet rang docs and they told me doctor faxed it last Thursday I just want this over with I’m still having pain but it is left side of left breast and shoulder blade and pain radiates up the neck I feel that I am annoying everybody but my worst fear is that it has spread and that’s why I’m getting this pain :frowning:

sweetpea try and stay calm i am sure you will hear very soon and you can put this to the back off your mind once and for all. i no its easier said then done staying calm, as people keep saying it to me, i found keeping myself busy is working i started decorating my bathroom well trying to anyway lol. i wish you the best of luck for when you get your appointment, i got my first one on monday 31st. :slight_smile:

Thank you it’s just hard isn’t it because you instantly think it will be the worst it’s strange cause the pain keeps radiating around just hope appointment comes soon and hope wish you good luck at your appointment xx

Hi sweet pea, in sorry to hear you been feeling so stressed out i hope your feeling a little better the waiting is tough i know. I hope you get your referral soon. I had mine yesterday and the dr was a women thank god, she seemed shocked when she felt the lump and asked me my age, she couldn’t really say much and now i have to go back in a few weeks for a biopsy. I’ve tried to forget about it, i got used to the pain and I’ve stopped feeling it because thinking about it make me feel like crap. I just want to say 9 out of ten women who find a lump are not cancerous, i take great comfort from knowing that could be me and you. The figures suggest we will be fine. Best wishes and if you ever need to talk you can private message.
Leann x

Well still no appointment still have breast pain and terrible fatigue and found a little hard lump I’m so scared at the moment I’ve got twin girls and petrified what the outcome could be I just don’t feel right I’ve never been so scared as I am right now :frowning: x