Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scared and Worried...

30 REPLIES 30
shelly79

Re: Scared and Worried...

Hi All,
Just a question really, did anyone else have a painful breast without a lump? just nipple changes and swelling?
I know everyone is different but feel so out there really, something isn't right but it's strange.
XX

funmum3

9:30 am. Weather here is rather rubbish, and I was starting to panic about getting kids to school and then to appointment because of flooding. Fortunately, someone is picking the kids up for me so that's a worry lifted.
I don't know how i feel, melodramatic one minute, and wondering if they'll wonder why the hell I'm there. Then panicking again. It all feels so strange.
shelly79

Thanks Hun, how are you? Wait time is your appointment tomorrow? Also sending (((()))) back to you for tomorrow, PM if you like and let me know how it goes.
Will be thinkging of youX

funmum3

(((((((((((((((shelly79)))))))))))))
I know there's nothing i can say to comfort, so a virtual hug it is. xxxx
shelly79

Bad Day...
Been in pain all weekend, looks like discharge coming out now, and had enough already, feeling so tired and sorry for myself today.
it's so strange it a dull pain, which also feels like when your trying to breastfeed and milk it trying to come down.
Hope my consultant appointment comes though soon.
So many questions what's going on in there????
XX

funmum3

Oh poor you, more waiting for the results, but glad they got you ultrasounded. I'm having a nice day shopping with my husband tomorrow so that will be a nice distraction! And then the weekend will pass quickly enough, and before we know it it will be Tuesday. I'm sure
shelly79

Hi funmum3,
Well they brought my ultrasound forward and had it yesterday afternoon, waited 1 hour and in 5 mins only looked at 1 area and that was it, didnt say anything really and said she would send result to consultant..........
So back to waiting now, suppose good that she didn't say she found something.
Hope you are ok,
X

funmum3

oh shelly, the wait is so long and slow. And the horrid thing is, no matter how many people you talk to, who say "90% are non cancerous" you can't stop thinking but what of the other 10%. What would make me so special and exclusive as to not have cancerous cells. And it terrifies me. My ibs is playing up, and I'm overeating horrendously on the days i can, and undereating pathetically on the days I have to. My body is a confused mess to match my brain. So the hugest hugs and sympathy to you xxxxx
shelly79

Melo.
Thanks for your post, I know we just want answer's and Young woman don't seem to be taken seriously. My GP is now on the case with the hospital so hopefully some news soon.
Carrie35, Thanks for your post, I have come off the pill and been using gels but no change, this forum has been such a great place as you say there are lots of people in the same boat and it's helps to talk to other's who understand and have the seem feelings you do.

ThanksX

carrie35

Hi Shelly try not to get too anxious there could be a perfectly simple explanation for your discomfort. I have suffered with painful boobs all my life sometimes both sometimes one, before my period for at least two weeks and also when taking the pill. A painful boob is not a sigh of breast cancer always, in fact most cancer is painless. You feel helpless at the moment but you could try to regain some control and stop taking the pill and see if that helps maybe? Have you discussed this aspect with your GP? Have you tried rubbing anything soothing into the effected area? Aloe Vera gel is cool and might help, anti inflamitory creams and drugs possibly. It might just be your hormones. I hope you get sorted soon so you can feel more at ease, the waiting is horrid but there are so many women waiting which makes you realise you are not on your own xxx

MELO

Just wanted to say I can understand your anguish. I am also 33 years old and was treated exactly like you. I had an appointment at the hospital and an ultrasound where I was fobbed off completely and the sonographer said in a sneering voice Oh its all normal! I said so what is the lump and he said 'nothing' just normal tissue. My lump is about 3-4cms big and shaped like a liquorice torpedo. I have milky discharge only on that side and pain in my armpit area. But apparently its all normal. I finally plucked up the courage to go back to the doctors and she treated me like an imbecile and only examined me after my request. However after feeling the lump she stopped fobbing me off and has finally re-referred me for some answers (hopefully).
I do hope you get some answers to, the waiting and being fobbed off is very frustrating and worrying.
funmum3

and you xxxx
shelly79

I have also stopped slimming world and wine is my new buddie, would be lost without my OH. I am having chinese and watching children in need.
Take care and have a busy weekend
XX

funmum3

I'm giving up slimming world for a week and chilling with pizza, wine and children in need. I guess I'll have to rethink my whole life style choices if it turns out to be nothing. Me and wine are far too well acquainted njoy your baking. Whatever helps keep your mind from wandering. xxx
shelly79

glad you have your appointment and at least it's getting there, how are you feeling at the moment ?I am so fed up today but thinking of baking some cupcakes tomorrow, I love baking, I found it relaxing.
XX

funmum3

oh goodness shelly and there was i complaining about having to wait until 27th november 😞
You poor thing.

Someone on my thread advised me to ring and say i can come in short notice if there's a cancellation. So i did. Chances are slim, but they took my mobile and will ring me if they can see me short notice. Atleast now, although i know it might be 27th still, i feel like it might be sooner and somehow it makes me feel better.
shelly79

Well got my appointment today its for 4th December!!, have called the hospital and left message with consultant to see if it can be brought forward, still having the pain and yesterday not a good day pain all day, GP has given me high dosage painkillers but they don't seem to be working.
People keep telling me it's because I am on the pill and it's hormones, does anyone know anything about this surely it would be both boobs if that was the case, feel like just because I am 33, it's all in my head and it's my age etc that was the impression I got from my consultant because she couldn't find a lump..
Has anyone else had a swollen painful breast with nipple change and can advise me? I know everyone is different but I just need some help to deal with this.
Hugsx

funmum3

Huge hugs to you. And it is a grey miserable day. Hope you get your appointment through today.
shelly79

Hi All,
Feeling tired today, still no ultrasound appointment I know it was only Thursday but all the waiting is driving me mad!!
Amd66 - I may do what you suggested today and try to get hold of someone at the hospital.
The pain is no better and it's only 1 boob surely if it was my age it would be both sides, it weird as I had the lump removed from my right boob, I was never able to breastfeed my daugther from that one, Strange and it;s the same one giving problems now, they say swollen ducts but why??? so many questions but no answers.
Take care and hugs to all this grey november dayX

amd66

Hi shelly, i only went into the forum to check on you, bugger!!! I cant say anything to changeit, but lets cross our fingers that they realise you need to see someone earlier than 2 weeks, and i would try getting hold of breast cancer nurse just via hospital switchboard, lay on the tears and ask for something to be done. Maybe on the hopeful side she was confident that there was not something obvious to find. but we're no experts, just keep ranting write it down to get it out your system if it helps and distract yoursefl somehow.
make a fuss though, see if it gets results.
much love
anne xxxxx
shelly79

Hi All,
thanks for your words of suupport, I am so angry!! went to Breast appointment yesterday to see consultant lady and she couldn't find a lump but I was going in about a lump I said it changes to the breast - Itching, swelling, pain, nipple change etc... so we will send you for an ultrasound but not today you'll have to WAIT for an appointment AGAIN!
Sorry to rant but it's driving me crazy as soon as I said I was 33 years old her attitude change as if people my age don't get sick, and then said why did your GP orginally send you to another hospital, I said because you where not showing any appointments within 2 weeks, she was more interested in writing a letter to the doctors moaning about that then dealing with my problem.
She made me feel like a child that doesn't know her own body.
So I am no further along and now resting at home as in more pain due to being poked etc by unhelpful lady!
thanks for reading my moan but had to get it out.
Hugs to allxx

mfdoll

Hope you are ok, just read your post and it is not easy to deal with all the emotions you feel....let us know how you got on....

hugs

mary

x
Irishdancer

All the very best . Am sure your worries Are magnified when you are feeling so low.
having a little one as well adds to the concern . Try and be strong , be confident that
This may just be something that needs addressing rather than threatening. . Stay
Strong give yourself permission to feel emotional. Then feel positive . Hugs and
Comfort xx
applestreet

Hi
best of luck for today..you have taken the first step..this for me was the hardest..whatever the outcome you will know what you are dealing with... if it's the door to freedom then fantastic..if not you will be able to take steps to get yourself right.. keep posting..this site kept me sane when I was in your shoes last year..M

shelly79

anne and katy,
Thanks for you kind words of support, will post an update later.
X

katytc

Wishing you all the very best for your appointment, fingers crossed and lots of hugs to you xx

amd66

Hi shelly79, i cant take those feelings away, but you did something positive so be proud of that. you didnt bury your head in the sand, and once you have the outcome you will take strength from so many people on here, they are amazing for saying the right thing, you will also get your answers quickly and if you need treatment that wont be delayed either, just keep writing whatever you like on here, its makes it less scary and you will feel you have others on your side, much love and just go hour by hour, finding something small to distract you,
good luck anne xx
shelly79

Hi,
Well todays the day!, feeling scared but want to get to the bottom of this now, the waiting has been horrible.
hugs to all with appointments today
x

shelly79

Hi Jo,
Thanks I may give them a call later
X

Jo_BCC

Hi there,

I'm sure your fellow forum users will be along soon to give you some much needed support, but you might like to give our helpline here a ring and have a chat about how you're feeling. They're here to support you through this. Calls are free, 0808 800 6000, lines are open now until 5pm today.

Take care,

Jo, Facilitator

shelly79

Scared and Worried...

Morning all,
Well my appointment is in 2 days and my right boob is the problem, I have posted before but feeling so low, scared and in pain at present and just want to rant..
I though it was getting better yesterday didn't hurt as much but today back in full force, it's swollen, and itchy most of the time.
It's weird as you want your appointment and now I am scared, and worried about the appointment, the thickening is still there and nipple is no better.
Sorry to go on but just have a very mixed emotional day, keep thinking about my 6 year old child and wondering what if..
Thanks for reading
Hugs to allxx