Scared and about to start chemo

Hi this is my first post! I was diagnosed back in November with triple negative breast cancer, I’m 29 and it has come as a complete shock as there is no family history at all of breast cancer. I am due to start chemo on the 19th December FEC-T regime, although I’m currently undergoing treatment to have some embryos preserved as just before this all happened my husband and I had just started trying for our first baby!! I would really apprecieate any advise/ support out their!
Xx

Hello Supachick

Welcome to the forums, this must be a very difficult time for you. I’m sure other users will be along to support you soon.

In the meantime, maybe you would like to talk things through with a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes

June, moderator

Hi Supachick,

I am TN too. Come and join us over in the december chemo thread. Look in undergoing treatment, chemotherapy.

All a bit much to take in at the moment but, even you have no family history you can have BRCA (cancer gene) testing cos of your age and TN. You can leave it till later if you want to - no need to panic about it now on top of everything else. Good luck and see you over with the other christmas crackers.

Cress, xxx