Scared, feeling sick awaiting results 2mrw evening!!

Hi girlies,
I’m awaiting my results from the usual biopsy, mamagram & scan 2mrw. My friend & hubby say I’ll have nothing to worry about, I just feel sick with worry, I’ve had this lump for 4wks now, my whole breast aches, under my arm does also, when the doctor scanned me, she also found another lump, further down, she said that they looked suspicious!!! I walked out that hospital with tears streaming down my face. Trying to be brave but it’s incredibly hard :frowning: x

Hi boxerbaby2

If you need someone to talk to in confidence, then please don’t hesitate to contact our helpline, the staff are here to offer you emotional and practical support.  Calls are free 0808 800 6000 lines open at 9am today until 5pm.

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

Dear Boxerbaby,

I’m so sorry you have to be here, but at the moment it is the best place to be. Last November I was diagnosed with invasive breast cancer, but after surgery and chemotherapy and ongoing hormone treatment, I am cancer free. 

I can understand your fear as you don’t know what you are dealing with. Be assured, that no matter how bad the news may seem, cancer treatment has come on in leaps and bounds in the last decade. You will definitely need some kind of surgery, and depending on the grade of cancer, you also might need chemotherapy - nowhere near as scary as you would imagine. You could possibly need radiotherapy and hormone tablets. But all of this sounds a lot worse than it really is when you have to go through it, as hundreds - no, thousands of women will vouch for. When you get your diagnosis, a treatment plan will be put into place, which will make you feel more confident and more in control of the situation.

Please let us know how you get on with your results, and we will be here to help you through whatever treatment you may need.

Sending you very big hugs, lots of love and very best wishes.

poemsgalore xx

Thank you ladies for your replies, I went tonight & Biopsy was in-conclusive, however scan & mamagram the findings from that they are concerned about, so I have to have a core biopsy with a scan!
I know we’ve come on leaps & bounds as my hubby had Hodgkin’s lymphoma in 2006, he had chemo but re-lapsed in 2007 he had to have a stem cell transplanet from himself & then when he was stronger, he had radiotherapy!! He’s fit & well now, thankfully, so when I get my answer I know I’ve caught it early, just unfair to happen to us both! I’m always the strong one, but don’t feel like that at the moment!! core-biopsy will be some time next week I expect!! Eek!! xx

hi.please dont feel alone as you see so many of us have been in the same state…me very recently so vivid how i felt.yes very emotional and scarey time.do chat on here it helpsxx