cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scared my symptoms might be bone secondaries

2 REPLIES 2
Babsy

Re: Scared my symptoms might be bone secondaries

Hi Michele, I would say that you've explained your symptoms very clearly. Your consultant will ask you pertinent questions but will need to send you for a scan to confirm one way or another. It is a frightening time. I had been referred by my GP to a rheumatologist who discovered bone mets after having a MRI scan.  It may be other things as well, it's just going to be a waiting game for a little while. When you receive your answer and if it happens to be bone mets increasingly many of us live with it for years as a chronic illness. Take yourself onto the bone mets thread if you need to, there's lots of advice and plenty of people who understand and support and care for each other. 

Babsy

Re: Scared my symptoms might be bone secondaries

Seashell60

Scared my symptoms might be bone secondaries

Hi, I'm not sure if I'm on the right page here, but I need advice please. I'm 3 years post active treatment (2 ops, chemo, Rads) and now taking Exemestane since August this year. I was taking Arimidex originally from Sept 2013 until May 2015 when my previous consultant stopped it while I was having checks on my Thyroid (he was also an Endocrinologist). It was while I was not taking any Hormone Therapy for those 18 months that I noticed the random bone pain in my body (not just normal aches and pains but it's a proper deep pain) in certain places. It occurs in my lower spine and right hip, ribs, along my collarbone, in my lower right forearm which really hurts when it suddenly gives me pain, and also both my upper arms and elbows. It seems to have become worse and more frequent these last few months. It doesn't feel normal and it is dragging me right down. I feel so very fatigued every day, especially in the afternoons. I even feel weary a few hours after I have been up in the morning. Everything I do is a real effort, even simple tasks. My head feels slow, foggy and disoriented at times, and my moods have been truly evil lately. Please if anyone has any help or advice for me to take with me next week when I have to see a new consultant, I would appreciate it. I need to explain it to him properly in a limited appointment time and hope that he can help me.

Cheers, Michele 💖