cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scared stiff

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Re: Scared stiff

Hi Samdean yes it is scary but you are not alone especially here, I am new to all this too having just been diagnosed, but this what this forum is all about to support, guide and answer any questions. Take Care with it all Meg x
Highlighted

Hi,

I posted on another forum but was recommended to post here too. (Thanks Maggiemay22) I am 33 with 2 girls aged 6 and 3 and 23 weeks pregnant with my 3rd. I have had bc confirmed in a lump and also my lymph nodes. i've had core biopsy and get full results on Wednesday. My girls just think mummy has a naughty booby. Not going to say anything until i have prognosis and even then probably wont say too much. They are too young. I am terrified. Maybe it will be easier once i know for certain and have a treatment plan. Im so scared that it's going to be so bad they'll ask me to terminate or that it will affect the baby badly. I have read up on bc in pregnancy but because I have bc in 2 places im worried its really bad and already spreading.
Highlighted

Dear Samdean, so sorry to hear of your diagnosis. It really is true that once you have your treatment plan, this will enable you to take one step at a time to get better. It is so scary, and the worst part is telling your children - I too found that the hardest part so far - I'm 53 and my daughters are 22 and 25 and they've been so supportive. Hope you'll find that telling your children will be easier than you're expecting, and that they'll play their part in keeping you positive during your treatment and recovery. Very best to you and lots of virtual hugs xxx
Highlighted

Hi Samdean, me again, just discovered that BCC have a publication called "Talking with Your Children about Breast Cancer", go to publications at the top of the page to find it. Looks to have good advice. Hope you're feeling a little less distressed, Pat x
Highlighted

hi samdean
well mine was bigger than yours !
wheni found it firdt it was a small egg and when they realised ewhatit was a small lemon
they took out breast of 10cm by 7cm by 5cm
it was triple negative
but that was in2007 and i am still here
just had another scare but all ok this time
good luck with your results

Highlighted

Hi..I'm a bit older than you being 52 when dx..went on to have right Mx..chemo and am now on Tamoxifen for 5yrs at least..I was dx in Sep 2011 so being 22 months ago...it does get easier once you have a treatment plan..it doesn't mean you're going to die..it means you will have surgery..then treatment and you will be able to get on with the rest of your life..it's no walk in the park but it is doable..just take one day at a time..one stage of treatment at a time and you will get there..big massive cyber hugs to you..

Highlighted

Hi samdean

Sorry you've found yourself in this club. I was only diagnosed myself on 19th June and had WLE and SNB on Tuesday.

It's normal to be scared when faced with cancer but it doesn't mean that you're going to die.

This forum is great for support, whether you want to rant, cry, have a wobble or ask questions.

Sending you (((hugs))) xxx
Highlighted

Hi Samdean, so sorry you've had to join the club that nobody wants to be in. It's entirely normal for you to be scared whilst you're in the "waiting room". Once you have your treatment plan you will feel much calmer and more in control. The BCC have a book called Mummy's Lump which I believe a lot of ladies have found very useful in helping them tell their children - my daughters are 33and 31 and I found it difficult telling them so can't imagine how you must be feeling. If you click on Publications at the top of page you'll be able to find this book and have a look at it. Please be assured that things do get easier, use this forum to ask questions, have a rant, cry, we understand how you feel and will be there for you. Let us know how you get on, best wishes and hugs ((())) Pat x
Highlighted

Scared stiff

Was told yesterday that the biopsy results were positive and that the 5cm lump in my right breast is cancer. Am having an MRI on the 23rd to determine the exact size and best treatment. I live in Norway so the procedures are probably different. I have three kids (5, 9 and 11) and I have no idea how to tell them. I am scared stiff of dying and not seeing them grow up. Cant believe that this is happening to me at just 44. Dont have family living close by to turn to. So distressed. Pls tell me it gets easier.