Scared that tomorrow I'll be diagnosed with IBC

I’ve had a few issues with my left breast. Last year it was intensely itchy. Visited the GP and she felt it was a topical infection and the itching went away.

Recently I’ve noticed a thickness in the bottom/middle of my left breast and have also had some pain around the nipple.

The GP has referred me to the breast clinic and the appointment is tomorrow but having done some reading my symptoms appear consistent with IBC. I am terrified. I have two small children and a husband who is very unwell for different reasons and I am so worried that a diagnosis of IBC will be the breaking point.

How long do the results take to come in for IBC, if a biopsy is done? I wish i knew as the waiting is horrible.

Hi Button, the waiting is the absolute worst part of it all, it’s the pits! If you are not given the all clear tomorrow and have a biopsy you generally wait a week for results, they do aim to give you as much information on the day as possible but I’m afraid there may be more waiting involved, please try not to scare yourself googling, in reality nothing will be as bad as your are imagining if you are diagnosed, I’m 18 months on and doing great! Let us know how you get on Xx Jo 

Hi Button
I have had a referral by my doctor to go to the breast clinic next Wednesday. I am petrified as I have the same symptoms as you and also have a red rash the bottom half of my left breast. I have some small indents too. I am worried I have IBC. The waiting game is horrible. I hope all goes well with your appointment tomorrow.

Hi jobey did you have IBC. Sounds like you are doing really well x

Well it was a long morning but I am very fortunate to have been given the all clear.

I am enormously grateful for the support and information on this site so have made a donation, as I think its been marvellous.  My thoughts are with all of those currently waiting and those with BC who have to endure the difficulties of treatment x

That’s fantastic news. You must feel so relieved. I now only hope my outcome will be the same as yours when I go next Wednesday. X