Scared

Feb 13
Hi I’m new here iv got an appointment at the Breast clinic in 2 weeks. Iv worried myself sick by surfing the net.
I’m 30 have two kids 3 n 7 months iv had a painful lump come up on my breast nipped which has redness round it my nipple has also slightly inverted.
I’m also worried as I have a small non painful lump under the arm too now I have dull shoulder pain. When lying flat my boobs look white dimpled.
I’m on antibiotics until my appointment but I’m scared worried and looking for advice

HIyer SV30 Welcome to the forum and sorry you find yourself here because you are afraid at the moment,

Yep, surfing the net does that, you’ll come up with every manner of horrendous scenario or benign conditions, and you won’t come up with any answers unfortunately. As much as you are desperate for answers and knowledge, you won’t get it via google, and will only get it from your clinic visit. Avoid it at all costs! (the internet that is, not the clinic lol) We have women here who come with all manner of symptoms, most are found to have benign conditions and yes, some have BC diagnosed which is treated effectively and quickly with an individual treatment plan. You won’t see a huge number of them around here though, as they have long since moved on and are getting on with their lives. Remember that statistics are on your side at 30 towards benign. This is a ‘breast clinic’ you are attending not a breast CANCER clinic, remember the difference as it shows that they see a wide variety of conditions there, not just the ones people fear the most. 

I’m really sorry you are having this worry though. It is a really hard time waiting for the clinic and imagining all sorts before you get there. I’m presuming your GP thinks there is a possibility of infection as you are breastfeeding ? I would highly recommend giving the helpline number a call if you feel a bit frantic and fearful, they are very understanding and good at listening. They are there for anybody, even those who have no diagnosis.

We are happy to help with any advice from our perspectives as women who have been ‘through the system’, so just ask away…

Thank you for the message :heart:
Just a update I’m on antibiotics n the swelling n lump have gone down a bit however nipple still inverted.
I’v found a hard lump under my arm non painful and gone into parinoid mode. I really want my appointment. I’m not Breast feeding.

Hi sv30

if things are escalating for you, call the hospital and ask to be fitted in sooner…or you may need to ring your gp and explain.,.you shouldn’t have to wait too long when you feel like thisxx