Scared

Hi I’m new. I found a large lump on the left hand side of left breast near my armpit…I ignored it for 6 weeks thinking it would go away and thinking that I was wrong. I finally went to the dr last week and was referred to the breast clinic. I have an appointment tomorrow and I am so scared. My mum and brother both died of brain tumours and my aunt had breast cancer. I haven’t told anyone yet and I’m so scared and anxious x

Hi Nikki, so sorry you have to go through all this.
There is still hope that the lump isn’t BC but that doesn’t make the waiting any easier.
Are you sure you want to go to the clinic on your own as you might need some friendly support through the tests and if it turns out to be BC it good to have someone there to ask questions/take any given information in?
I’m keeping everything crossed for you tomorrow hoping it’s a cyst xx

Good luck with your appointment tomorrow. I will be thinking of you.

Fingers crossed it will be nothing serious.

Thanks RJ. I went today and the consultant is sending me for a mammogram of both breasts and a scan of my left. Eek more worry time! X

Thanks herewego. I didn’t really find out anymore. Hopefully the scans will reveal cysts rather than BC ?. You were right though, pretty scary on my own! X

Me too ? thank you for just being here x

Hope all ok nikki x

Hi Tracytopcat. I have my scan and mano date through…21st of July! So far away ?. Had a bit of a cry on Friday, you just can’t describe the fear can you. Thank you for asking xxx

Hi Jo. I was surprised how long too. I did phone them and they said they only had use of the scanner on a Friday!? And that was the earliest Friday available. Have you been diagnosed? Xx

Wow! That’s amazing luck, or fate! Glad to hear you are over the worst of it, and coming to the end of you’re treatment. The c word scares the life out of me. I have no family support apart from an amazing daughter and son, who I really don’t want to worry unnecessarily. My daughter is 17 and she wants to come with me to my next appointment. I just worry it’s too much for her xx maybe I watch too much Eastenders!! Xx

I went to docs last june. Said i was ok. Kept getting severe dead arm in august. Mum had a recall at breast clinic so i went with her. I asked for referal. Saw gp later 1 week on i had mamo just for piece of mi d. And guess what they found. G2 21mm malugnant tumour. They could tell from looking at it that it waz cancer. Did biopsy and lymph test straight away. I drove home in a daze i had not even told family where i was going
8 months on 1 lumpectomy. 23 dayz radiotherapy and tamoxifen which i hate. I now have counselling multi vitamins and anti depressants doubled. And 2 stone on. Sad thing is i know i am on of the lucky ones. I just wish i had not found out. Xx

Tracytopcat I’m so sorry for what you’ve been through. It must be so difficult for you hun x I lost my friend to BC 3 years ago, she was 39. I understand how tough it is. The weight will go. You will feel better. As bad as things are right now, there’s always something round the corner. Please don’t feel you’re alone. And I’m glad for one that you found out…you’ve already reached out and touched me xx keep strong xx

Ty nikki trying. Had really bad weekend no energy. People dont understand the more i push my body the more it pushes back. Head feels normal body cant cope lol. I know its early days just waiting to feel normal again. I have twice niw ‘woken up’ then gone back further in a relapse of energy. Tbh its my fault gor doing what i used to x