Second core biopsy needed.

I had a call back from a mammogram just before christmas. They did a core biopsy, I have had to wait an extra week because of the holidays. I was told yesterday that I have to come back in to have another core biopsy because they don’t have enough tissue( not sure how this happened, she went in 3 times) I have fibromyalgia and in a lot of pain & spasms in my back! I have barely slept since this happened.

i have been told the biopsy will be done on Thursday 18th. I’m not sure if I should wait it out or go private, the nurse said I wouldn’t get things done quicker ( I live in Shropshire )

so here I am in limbo & trying not to panic.

Hi Eme,
Unfortunately, this kind of thing can happen, I remember being warned about this when I had my biopsy, as the area was small & it took several attempts.
Being in limbo is horrible, but also they are being through in getting to the bottom of it.
Some ladies here have gone privately, but it doesn’t make a lot of difference in time scales & you do have an appointment, even though it’s tough waiting, as the uncertainty of it all means the mind goes into overdrive. We’ve all been there at some point.
Take care & let us know how you get on.
ann x