Second referral

Hi I am new to this forum, but feel the need to talk to people that have been in similar situations. Last nov 2012 my husband found a lump on my breast, went to gp and was referred to the clinic. They gave me an ultrasound and stated it was benign and that I was discharged. About 8 weeks ago I noticed the lump was getting bigger and I have been experiencing severe pain in my breast radiating from the lump to my armpit. Also some discharge.

Went back to my gp and they have referred me again to the clinic. Got my appointment next week. Feeling very anxious and alone as I am only just turned 30 and feel like I am being fobbed of by medical professionals.

Hi Sparkleb and welcome to the BCC forums

In addition to the help and support you will soon have here our helpliners are on hand with practical and emotional support so do call to talk your concerns over, lines open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays on 0808 800 6000

Here’s a link to the ‘Worried about breast cancer’ information on our site which you may find helpful:

breastcancercare.org.uk/worried?utm_source=promo_content&%3Butm_medium=help_you&%3Butm_campaign=worried

Take care

Lucy BCC