1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secondaries have made me go entirely gormless

scottishlass

Re: Secondaries have made me go entirely gormless

So Mel is your hair a different colour. lighter?? Do you like the final look? I am as bald as a coot and hoping my hair will grow a bit over the summer months. Have you tried the product FAST which can be bought online or at Boots the Chemist. I have heard it works well for some but not so successful for others.
I had my usual steroid on Thursday so I am bursting with energy which will probably have me floored by Monday! I have brushed the patio and hosed down the Seagull poo! It is a beautiful sunny day here so I wanted to spend a little time outside. The garden is a complete mess as we have not had a proper Spring this year.
Planning on baking this afternoon but having a wee rest after my outdoor chores. I haven't shopped for anything recently. Because I have lost so much weight and do not know if I will start puting weight on again I am reluctant to purchase any more clothes. I did get a bargain buy in the charity shop last week which I got 7 small pudding bowls the type you do steamed puddings in for the total price of £2 50! I was really pleased so that is my last gormless bargain! Wonder if I will ever make those steamed pudding in that lovely recipe book I have been oogling!
Hello to all gormless ladies. Hope you are out shopping. We want to know what you have been up to!

Buffy3

Hello everyone,
Thought I`d bump this thread up. My hair has started to grow through...black and white....just call me Cruella 😉 Anyway I thought Id be brave and buy a non permanent hair colour from Boots. A bargain at £3!!! Anyway popped into say hello to my hairderssers who were all in tears last time as they cut my hair short for me and were worried about me having chemo. I showed them my bargain hair colour which they said was really dark...they offered to colour my hair for me instead at a hugh discount. So my hair colour was definately a gormless buy.
To be honest I think its bettet that the hairdresser is going to do it for me...in case I have a strange reaction 🙂 They were all so lovely when I went in...they have been cutting my hair for 7 years or so.
Love to all
Mel xxx
valkeh

Hi girls. After many months went out in the weekend and I bought a red jacket and a red scarf ( not for my head this time:-)
Made me realised that the last 2 years I mainly wear black/greys and occasionaly some purples... I decided to put some colour in my life.
Hope youa re all keep well!
Lots of love
Valia
x x x
scottishlass

Sorry to hear you have not been too well recently Marilf but glad to see you posting. The chair sounds lovely and a cheery colour too. I have a Lafuma chair ( in fact more than one!) which allows me to sit upright or by pushing the bar at my feet I can move position, either to go completely flat ( for a snooze!) or anywhere inbetween. This helps if I have a sore back as the change in position really helps. I have not been doing any gormless shopping either. I did go to try on some jeggings today but felt I looked a bit like Max Wall! I have gone from a size 16 to a size 12 so really need to buy some that fit better. I loved the colours though, a lovely rich brown and a teal coloured pair. Wish they had them in a different style but the same colours.
However I have been to choose my next Motobiltiy car. We are a bit early but we know we want to change the type of car we have as the down payment has increased for our current one yet the spec is not as good. I tried it out today and am going for the first time for an automatic....hold this space.....Love to all Gormless ladies. XX

Guest user
Not applicable

Always pleased to see this thread with new posts! And what do I have to report? Haven't been very well lately, so sadly not been out much. BUT did manage to go out to a garden centre on Saturday, where my partner bought me a BRIGHT PINK GARDEN CHAIR. The sort you have to refer to in capital letters. Yes, it looks rather lovely in the back garden, but I'm waiting for the terperature to get into double figures before I try it out!

Love to all gormless girls - xxx
lizcat

Sorry, I'm letting the side down. No purchases at all from me - even when I was in Liverpool last week. I did try some tops on in Next for spring but looked terrible, all fat and dumpy. Want something bright and cheery and slimming!!

Liz x

Buffy3

Oh I could do with some girly head bands..I have a nice feather one that looks fab with my wig Send them to me.
Katie2002

Don't know what possessed me but was in accessorise last Saturday And bought not 1 but 5 headbands! ok it was70 per cent off sale. I look ridiculous And ended up having a headache. Wanted my short locks to look more girly. I have ended up looking like Jo brand when she wears mad bands in her hair. Am going to ban myself from going near any shops this weekend!
Hope you are well val!
x

Buffy3

Hi Val, sorry you havent been able to go out shopping. My last chemo was two weeks ago and I' ve managed enough energy to go out this week. I went to the local garden centre today with some lovely friends for lunch. This wasnt gormless shopping but I bought a gift for the lovely lady at the hospital who does the massages. She helped me a lot with various things and pointed me in the right direction for support. So I bought a bergonia and a card to take for her next Wednesday as its my last massage. It was so lovely to be able to be out and not feeling so ill during chemo..still tired but at least I am feeling better. I expect there will be lots of gormless shopping from me as soon as I have enough energy to shop. Cyber hugs heading your way. Mel
scottishlass

Bumping this up in the hope that you have been Gormless. I have not be able to get out to shop so hope you have been folks.

scottishlass

Another cookery book today.....a hardback by Darlin Allen "Ballymaloe cookery course"....price new £30...price today £1.....now I need to donate two older cookery books to the charity shop bundle I am collecting from around the house!
Went to TK Max but nothing at all to spend my money on....but then I ran out of puff so it was back home for something to eat. I wish I had more energy to do nice things......perhaps once this chemo is over. Hugs to gormless friends....happy shopping.

lizcat

Val - Queen of Shops! Never mind Mary Portas..... You definitely rule the finding a bargain crown. I haven't done any shopping recently or for ages for tha matter that would count as gormless. Am letting the side down - sorry.

Liz x

lucinda

Well done Val, I do love a bargain and it's always best to go shopping on your own.I did manage to hobble on my crutches to a couple of shops to get hubby's birthday present,the only other shop I managed this week was the motability shop for a scooter that will fit in the boot and then I will be all set up for doing some really gormless shoppping.

L xx

scottishlass

Well my dear husband was out with his pals havign a serious LONG walk along the coast. After I dropped them off I went off on my own to spend some money as I haven't been out on my own for weeks. First stop was the RSPB for 2 sacks of birdfood and a new bird protector gadget that sits over the ground feeder like a cage to allow the smaller birds to have a feast before the bloody pigeons eat all the good stuff in one mouthfull. And a great success it is after only one day! Oh and another niger seed feeder for the goldfinches.
Then off to the nearby charity shop. I purchased a woolen rug intended for my daughters house. It was tied with string and had not been unrolled but looked in good nick from the back and it was made of pure wool. I was told that IF there was a huge stain in the middle with red wine I could return it. Came home and when I opened it it was 5 ft by 4 ft in cream and white with sqaures , could do with a gentle carpet shampoo treatment but basiclly looks like new......the cost? £2 yes just two quid I have done it again! I also got a pair of lime/sage green linen curtains long length for £12, a pottery bowl looks uniquue, a small pottery bowl, some glass coasters for the coffee table in a wooden holder and 8 ikea white plates thet you could serve a sandwich on or corn on the cob. I did try on some clothes but they were too big for me but I did like a denhim jacket that I may buy if it is still there when I go back again. The carpet is now lying under our dining table but I think my daughter wouyld like it and it would go with her room prefectly...hold this space. Hope you are all out gormless shopping....I have run out of puff today. Love to all, Val

nicky08
Community Champion

Well, it wasn't exactly a gormless purchase, or act, but I wanted to get some more manure/compost/whatever for my 2 raised veg beds and Sunday was the day. Due to me suffering from an achey hip OH had to lift the 3 for 2 huge bags into the car. Result - he's got a really bad backache - oops. Maybe if the 3 for 2 offer hadn't been on it would have not been as bad?
Nicky

lucinda

I have recently purchased baby clothes going from age 3 months to 2 years...my grandson is 3 weeks old. Actually to me this is not gormless..I just want to make sure that he has something from his Nana.Will start on 2 years upwards when I can afford it.My son thinks I have lost my marbles,but he also thinks I will be around a long time.I do intend to be but......

L XX

Guest user
Not applicable

Doh - does being extremely happy at having bought OH a Valentines Card then realising I'd not got the envelope when I got home count? And the shop I bought it from is 15 miles away and a big Tesco, so not the easiest for me to get to when I'm paranoid about going out on my own in case I seize up? Doh Double Doh and expletives!!

Nina
Buffy3

Hi, thought I'd add to this thread. I have only shopped once using the internet whilst on chemo! I bought a wig from the NHS which is short and will be great for day to day use. In my wisdom I thought I get myself a going out wig as well...slighty longer...and in the picture on the webpage looked more like my usual style. Anyway there was a sale on the website and there it was the Jessica Simpson wig for £29, bargain I thought, reduced from £80. The wig arrived and will be fine once I get the fringe trimmed. It will certainly make us all laugh when I go out in my Jessica Simpson...I wonder if she gets any royalties for use of her name!
Katie I dressed up as Elmer for world book day too. 😉
NannieSpiky

Well I hope this won't be a gormless buy as I need them to work! Bought myself some bum lifting knickers from a well known shop today as, for some reason, my bum has decided to head south and try to make contact with my thighs! Not a pretty sight I see when I look in the mirror. I'm only a size 10 anyway so it now looks like a deflated rugby ball a with a split in. OMG - too much information I hear you cry.
Going upstairs now to see if they will give me a beyonce bum once more. Wish me luck girls.
Liz x

Katie2002

I recently bought very bright patchwork trousers from eBay to accompany homemade patchwork ears and trunk! I printed squares on an old t shirt and transformed myself into what I thought was the most creative outfit for book week! ... elmer! Rest of staff, particularly younger membmrs thought I'd gone completely Doolally! I probably have! Will wear the trousers again!
As for bob my reindeer head -he is still up on my wall! He was adorned with a tartan scarf for burns night! Am thinking hearts for this month!
Anyway ...there you go - completely gormless!

scottishlass

Bumping up this thread before it becomes lost.
Come on ladies you must have done some gromless shopping recently or even just done something a bit gormless!
I have not been to the shops much as in house a lot since started weekly chemo but I di buy another, yes another cookery book yesterday. Now I need to choose 2 books from the shelf to donate to the Cancer research shop. That makes me think twice before buying another for my collection! My new rule!
I bought a lovely Hobbs silk/something black top a bit like a cardigan but ncer than that. Brand new with button packet and price attached for £7 in a nearby charity shop.
I was in the ward on Friday and one nurse commented on my co-ordination and how I always looked smart. I told her what I was weraing was mainly second hand and she replied "OOh I love a bargain". Now that relaly made me feel good because I wasn't feeling well, was too hot so had to take off my wig as my temp was a buit high and I felt anything but smart.
Missing all of my Gormless friends. Please post to keep this cheery thread going so I can keep my sanity....welll what is left of it! Higs to all, Val

na7asha

Just discovered this thread, and I love it. Can't think of anything gormless just yet... give me time xxx
nicky08
Community Champion

Well, she's obviously your daughter Val, both buying black leather handbags two at a time 😉 All for a good cause. I agree about the bowls, how many do we need? Katie, I love the idea you put the reindeer head (not real!) up when hubby was out, that way it's going to have to stay. Happy shopping all, tis the season to be gormless (and get away with it)
Nicky x

scottishlass

My niece has antlers in her hallway and has added owls to it. I wonder if she will add some baubles now?
Been out shopping with my daughter. Bought a beautiful silver ring with a turquoise stone in it for myself. A round, leather covered whisly flask with 2 tiny drinking cups and a funnel for my lovely husband. Plus an adorable hand crafted wooden bowl made of norway maple. Perfect for Pistachio nuts.....but just how many bowls does one person need I ask. I have loads of them.....But it was a fun day and my daughter bought 2 black handbags.......but we were charity shopping so it all goes to a good cause doesn't it???????

lizcat

Brilliant Katie!!! Love it!!!

Katie2002

Can I join gormless shoppers please??? One of my recent buys off the Christmas markets is a reindeer head (not real one I hasten to add). Anyway took my fancy. Got the hammer out when hubby out at work - banged in a nail and now 'Bob' takes pride of place on my front room wall. I've even added some beads and appropriately placed baubles. he's so lovely - think may keep him up all year ! Or maybe make another to town to buy him a mate!!!!
Xxx

lizcat

Where do I start? No confessions from me cos I justify everything I buy in one way or another !!!

scottishlass

Oh Liz, I recognise this completely......Keep posting when you buy anything Gormless. Good to see you on here. Val

NannieSpiky

Gormless!! Who-me??**
Went food shopping today, no problem until I got to the check out with trolley loaded and paid for then couldn't find my car keys in my bag or pockets. Help!! Checked with customer services- no keys handed in. Decided to retrace my steps back to the car in case I had dropped them on my way in or by the car. No sign until I got near the car where my keys could be seen gaily hanging from the ignition with the car completely unlocked. Duh! Just relieved that the car was still there. Next time I go shopping I'll try and remember to take my brain with me as well.
Liz x

scottishlass

Bumping up. Anyone like to jon in this cheery thread?
Val

nicky08
Community Champion

Sounds like Marilyn has got them in every colour, Val 😉 Take your pick! I have just the one pair in boring black but this has made me remember just how comfortable they are especially tucked into boots this time of the year.
Well done on the hat front Lucinda, we knew you wouldn't let us down.
My shopping list would sound like a gormless one but, as it's been for stocking fillers its not quite as bad as it seems: avocado scooper, balsamic pearls, desk top golf and wolf knickers.
The only really gormless thing, that in fact OH insisted I buy the other week, is a long navy sequinned skirt. It's gorgeous, and luckily already reduced, but where the **** am I going to wear it? tesco? But maybe it's only part of the present and he's already planned where to take me to show it off properly - I wish!
Nicky x

scottishlass

Bumping this thread up as it has been so much good fun. Gormless shopping anyone???????????????????????

scottishlass

Sounds like yu ahd a good shopping trip lucinda. Congratulations on the baby that is due. Oh you must be so excited and Christmases will be wonderful from now on. Lucky you. And what a better excuse do you need to do lots of wonderful gormless shopping! hugs from Val

lucinda

Pleased to see this thread up and running again.Made it to Brighton to buy a hat to match my brown coat.Could not find a brown one but did find a red one which was a cheerful festive colour and came home wearing a grey fur one,well it was a cold day and looked like it might snow.I did try on a hat to go with the dress I have already bought for the christening for the baby,not yet born but due new year and the dress was a real bargain.Also bought chocolate angels from choccywockydoda(and had a really decadent hot chocolate while I was there)but will have to hide them to make sure they survive until Christmas.
Love to all and enjoy the christmas shopping.

L xx

scottishlass

Great to hear from you Mariyn, I have been thinking about you only yesterday.
What shop do you buy your jeggings from because I wouldn't mind buying a pair to try.
Well Ikea did it again! A long mirror (OH chose this), a duvet set, napkins plus the other things I actually went in to buy!
I have just come off Xeloda 2 weeks ago and on Tuesday I start Taxol! Every week for 4/5 months. First chemo by drip since I last had it this way 23 years ago!
Had a complete Hip replacement this year too so I am struggling a bit right now. But I am still gettting out and about and looking forward to Christmas......chemo or no chemo.
What colours of Jeggings do you own then Marilyn? LOve and a hug, Val X

Guest user
Not applicable

Oh Val - good to see this thread resurrected! I haven't been on the forums for a while, mainly because I've been off chemo & bisphosphonates for a few months (because of kidney problems) and seem to be STABLE - can hardly believe it! Over 9 years since bone/liver mets dx.
But plenty of gormless shopping being done recently - how many pairs of jeggings does one person need, especially when that one person doesn't go outside much? But they're all in such nice colours . . .
Hope you're keeping well and warm in all this freezing weather!
Marilyn xx
scottishlass

I cannot believe than no one has NOT been Gormless since July. Thought I would bump up this great thread again.
I was rminded of the thread when I posted on the bone mets thread.
I mentioned that I had been out shopping and had bought not one but two new handbags.
One was a Radley and the other was a Tula bag and both are in beautifu leather.
Also also bought a beautiful silk scarf in beautiful weave of orange and brown and will go with so many outfits.
I am off to Ikea in half and hour to purchase spme candels as we have being using up my stock as it gets very dark here early in the day that it cheers the place up. Plus a small roasting pan. I have already one small and one large one but find the smaller one is ideal when there are just 2/4 people dining with us. Probably will buy more than that when I get there. But not much time as I am picking up my daughter from her work as she is on a half day today. What takes 10 mins in the car can take and hour and a half on the buses as she needs to take 2 buses every day. Watch this space!!!! Val

scottishlass

No offence meant Lemongrove but think I would prefer just to open the tin of beans which I quite like anyway....then I can read a book while I am eating.....but wouldn't eat them out the tin....would make the toast!
Talking of toast. I hate toasters....the normal electric ones....messy.....so I use an old metal toaster that sits on the gas hob and makes what I call "gas toast". It doesn't dry the bread out and the result is so much better. Can buy them in GOOD camping shops. I threw out our toaster.....Primus is the good make.... pound shop ones are inferior...(I know because I bought another!)
Not planning any Gormless shopping today. Mind you I was taking my Dad to the hearing aid clinic when I wandered off for a bit and came across the Charity shop with the boks.....deadly.....bought another fiction book too......will have to live unti I am 102 before I will read all my books.....was planning of living until 102 anyway!.....love to all Gormless shoppers. Hope you are still being Gormless. Val

Lemongrove

Belinda here's a recipe for beans on toast (my own)
Soak 4oz of haricot beans overnight. Cook until done.
Sauce: Fry one medium onion, a stick of celery, a peeled and cored cooking apple, and 2 cloves of garlic in a little butter and olive oil, until soft (you can also add a few chilli flakes if you like spicy tomatoe sauce). Add 2 teaspoons of sugar, a can of tomatoes, 1 dessertspoon of tomatoe puree, salt and pepper to taste, and simmer for 20 minutes. Blitz the tomatoe sauce with a blender, and put through a sieve, to remove seeds and skin. Add teaspoon of cornflour to thicken, and 2 tablespoons of double cream. Add beans to sauce and heat through.
Serve for lunch with salad and lovely chunks of homemade granary bread, or sprinkle with breadcrumbs and cheese for a supper dish. Much nicer than the tinned ones, and you can freeze to be used another day.

belinda

Val I cannot believe you have 300 cookery books! :-0 Glorious gormlessness, is that a word? We will all celebrate when you purchase your 500th book. 🙂 PS please can I have the recipe for beans on toast? x
scottishlass

Yillycat, bought ANOTHER cookert book today (seeeing I do not have many). This time it was a new one by DONNA HAY called FAST. FRESH, SIMPLE. This is one of the best books I have seen of hers. She has written 18 so far it says, and I have some of her older ones. This is such a wonderfu book that I am going to take it on holiday in the caravan as eah recipe ony has a few simple ingrediets and after looking at it tonight I am raring to go. Look out for it anyone who likes simple recipes and not a lot of time to faff around. A great cookery book ( from someone who realy knows! as I have over 300 of them!) Gormless>>>?????

peacock

Where have you all gone ladies, I enjoy indulging myself reading about all your "gormless" shopping ???

Guest user
Not applicable

Val, just had a look at that cookery book on amazon (almost £18, so you got a real bargain) the recipes look amazing, probably a bit above my level of cooking I'm afraid- although I did manage a really nice river cottage veggie recipe the other day. may be hope for me yet 🙂
Just having my first dose of taxol. And still awake despite the piriton. Fingers crossed that it does it's job. It worked very well 3 years ago, I fact it is about the only thing that has truly worked for for me.
Anyway while sitting here I managed to go online and order 4 of those jml 'comfry bras' - the referred pain from my liver has made normal bras impossibe. Much more excitingly, I have hired an ice cream bar for the kids at my big family birthday party that I'm having for my 50th in sept. Toby my ds is VERY excited about it.
The really silly thing is that my birthday was in march but I delayed my party because I wanted to make sure my hair had grown back. I have hair now but it will all fall out again in about 2 weeks time - maybe a nice wig for the party?
scottishlass

Been shopping with my daughter today. She is going to a wedding and needed a posh frock. We did try the charity shops but ended up in John Lewis where she bought a beautiful dress from Coast in the sale. Well I bought it for her but I had 2 vouchers unused for the shop and put the rest on my credit card.
I only bought one top from Shelter but it was a brand new top with label still on it frim M and S and it cost me £5.99. Then I bought 2 books...one a cookery book called" Kitchen of Light" that is a newish Scandinavian cookery book with just amazing recipes....£3 ( I need another cookery book like a hole in the head....must have over 300 at last count)!...! .....plus a book called "My life in France" and is a memoir/cookery book and a film has been made about it called "Julie and Julia" which I have already seen starring Meryl Streep....for £2.29 But I am happy with all the above and had a lovely day out with my younger daughter. Good to have some fun after the sadness of my Mum's funeral a week ago. Then was too tired to do any food shopping or making a meal from scratch ( I had made an amazing chicken curry from scratch last night) so here comes the Gormless bit.....did all the bargian hunting then ended up stopping at our Chinese take-away for a lovely selection of Chinese food.....but we were worth it....Twas yummy. Love to all my Gormless friends.......keep shopping!

pesteringpixie

Gosh Melissa, your hospital wardrobe is just awesome.... I was in hospital again last week and feel hard done by now, want to go back so i can take in the barbie wardrobe! Wonderful you are so upbeat startuing this next round of treatment - you go for it girl with the scarves. I buy mine from the far east and OH says that every week Felixstowe docks bring in a container of tutt for me that i have found on ebay and which i need to continue living.
Val, I have sat with a pencil and paper and your avocado shopping is just brilliant and the shop should get the gormless medal, not you!
As for me.. well i am on the Isle of Wight on holiday to recuperate from last chemo... we are in our caravan and it is absolutely pouring down, so what can you do? Shop. Went into the Clay emporium in Bembridge where, yes you have guessed, everything is made of clay. So came out with a garlic storer (i only ever use the fresh minced stuff in jars), and an egg storer in the shape of a chicken. It could have been worse; they are selling life size replicas of the terracotta army!
Pixie xx

Lemongrove

Melissa, two things: (1) Want to say I'm rooting for you, and that even though I'm a Cyberknife babe, I do know that Gamma-knife is considered better than CK for brain mets and is referred to as the gold standard.(2) Re losing your hair. You could look at lace wigs. These have a transparent base and consequently, if someone is hairless underneath, it looks like hair is growing straight out of their scalp. I had one during chemo, and when I looked in the mirror, even I couldn't tell it was a wig. They are a bit of a palava to put on, but once on, you can leave them for days, and just wash like normal hair.

nicky08
Community Champion

Well Melissa, 8 new scarves, that's enough to make you forget about the hospital stay isn't it? Well, maybe not. Lots of hugs for your next lot of gamma, hoping it blasts those uggers away and that chemo is kind to you. I know what you mean about wigs, I'm sure if (when, more like!) I have chemo again I wouldn't bother with them.As to Hubby's observation, I can suggest he keeps it to himself in future 😉
Well done the guacamole queen. Val, you know who you are! If you get fed up eating your way through the avocado mountain, why not try a face pack with them? Did anyone ever try to make these years (and years!) ago when magazines used to say how good they were? Sounds like a recipe for a mess on the bathroom floor IMO.
Nicky x

scottishlass

Oh Melissa, What a lot you have going on right now. I am sending my love and support and am pleased to see your sense of humour is still at large.
I have not been doing any gormless shopping as I have either been at the hospital or been at funerals. What a happy life I lead! Today it was a friend's father's funeral but he was a lovely elderly gentleman and had reached 92 and had a good life.
All of you who know me know that I love a bargain. My friend and I are always comparing notes. Well I have surpassed her best and my best bargain.....regarding avocados!....They were reduced. Two in a packet...£1.99 down to 39p. So I bought 3 packets. Then I thought of my Dad and my daughter who is living on the breadline so picked up another 3 packets.....following this?......(My elder daughter said hold on Mum this is like one of those awful Maths tests!)......anyway I got through the till and my lass put everything in the boot for me while I looked at the receipt. The original price £1.99 had an offer of buy 2 get one free.....and at the end of the bill they gave me back £1.99 twice ( for the 2 lots of 3 packets). So I ended up with the Supermarket paying ME to take away their avaocados!!! Now that is the bargain of the month! Makes up for all of the times they have overcharged ME!
Hope you are all continuing with your Gormless shopping as I will not have time tis week to do any myself. Much love, Val

Guest user
Not applicable

Aw Melissa - glad you have some good treatment options and 8 new scarves!!! Good luck with the Taxol.

Lx
Guest user
Not applicable

Phew - my wish almost came true, they did an MRI scan and compared it to the PET scan and told me that the best thing was for me to have gamma knife yesterday (on the little brain mets) followed by a craniotomy this Friday, for the biggest met - that would have meant over a week in hospital so I almost got to use my whole hospital wardrobe!
Anyway, turns out that my liver function isn't good enough for a general anesthetic so I had to have GK on all of them after all. Now the plan is that I'm back on chemo next from Tuesday to try to improve my liver function so if I do need a craniotomy I can have it later :-{
I've had this chemo before,(taxol) it makes me lose all my hair, so this afternoon I bought 8 new scarves, cos I'm a bit rubbish with wigs. They make me hot and itchy so are only really for occasional use. 8 scarves though .......the joys of eBay :-))))
Just so pleased to be home and having a few days off from it all
Hope everyone is well, I've decided I love this thread. Told my hubby about it (hope no one minds) and he says that it maybe it's not just me that's completely bonkers after all!
Melissaxx