1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secondaries have made me go entirely gormless

belinda

Re: Secondaries have made me go entirely gormless

Here, at the South Pole, I have been buying some last minute gormless purchases online....no prizes but the first person to spot an easter egg in the supermarkets please let me know. 😉
Have a lovely Christmas all..xxx

juliet66

Tee Hee.... Bless you Marilyn !!

Julie x

Guest user
Not applicable

'Tis the season to be gormless . . . made it out of the ice-floe wasteland here at the North Pole (Bolton) today to buy a turkey + trimmings before the next snowpocalypse hits us. I'm Jewish, and sort-of vegetarian . . . turkey? Xmas? Now that's what I call gormless!
Marilyn x

Guest user
Not applicable

How about having your make up done THREE times on the same day in Manchester - twice in the morning and then again in the afternoon!!! I have enough make-up now to supply you all!!!!!!

Sue x

Guest user
Not applicable

Must be scan season! Had my CT and Bone scans a week ago, and got the results on Wednesday (good, thankfully), so decided to splash out on a new lipstick. Would madam like a spray of perfume too - oh yes please. And has madam seen the lovely new purse spray? No I hadn't but it's very nice. Would madam like to treat herself to one whilst she's here? Oh yes!!!!!!!

Mind you, supreme gormlessness award goes for our new conservatory/porch at the back of the house, which my husband says is going to be the most expensive welly cupboard ever!

Jx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Belinda

Hooray for gormless (and let's hope for stable, too)! I've also been trying to maintain my gormless quotient:

1 After my CT scan on Wednesday, D. and I stopped at the Trafford Centre -- Jacket -- Gap sale.
2 Have asked a friend to get me a bag of Candy Corn (Halloween sweets) when she's on her hols in the States -- but won't be able to eat them, of course, because of the diabetes 😞

Hmmmmmmmm . . . xx

belinda

Ok, so just had bone scan and CT scan is next week..haven't had scans for ages and ages so the results should be ummm 'interesting.'
So time for some gormless activity...mocha eyeshadow, 2 lots and the new Calvin Klein perfume and some of those gauzy, lacy, linen looking scarves that are everywhere.
I will bat my mocha eyelids at the scan results and if I'm not liking what I see I will drape a scarf over the Onc's pc.
Belinda..x

Guest user
Not applicable

Just wanted to say that I had a quick read of the early pages of this thread (despite being a primary girl) when it popped up to the top yesterday and wanted to say a big thank you.

I've not only had such a chuckle, but most particularly found the serious discussion that followed the "don't be so frivolous" slap from BCC early on to be both thought-provoking and wonderfully honest. It has been sad and sobering to read posts from those no longer with us, but this is a wonderful thread and long may it continue to provide a place for the sharing of such wonderfully witty black humour.

Debs x

Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks for that, finty -- will suggest that as an alternative to the quattro formaggi thick base pizza . . . . xx

finty

I guess your friend will be having the duecolore salad then 🙂

finty x

Guest user
Not applicable

Oh Val, you do have a lot on your plate at the moment with all your caring duties -- hope your Dad is making a good recovery with you now, and that he'll soon be well enough to resume a bit more independence again.

In true BCC forum support style, we'll just have to be gormless on your behalf for a while. Today, I'm taking my dairy-avoiding, wheat allergic friend to Pizza Express for lunch -- one or both of us is possibly a bit gormless . . .

Marilyn xx

scottishlass

Great to read all your funny posts. I have no time to be gormless....too busy looking after my husband who is wearing a plastercast and using crutches... and my old Dad who collapsed in the park this week. He has come to live with us for a wee while to recover. Also have Dad's dog to walk, daughters 2 cats to feed plus her goldfish. The only "pets" I have are my hedgohogs and garden birds!! But I am definately feeling a bit gormless at the mo.....does that count? XX Val

Guest user
Not applicable

Yes, girls, it's a new season and the catalogues have come thumping through the door and yes......I have started ordering things I don't need..

1. Skirts for work! I am not working anymore, OH says the 2 hours at the Hospice on a Monday lunchtime doesn't count!

2. A nice new bright coat for????????? It's always raining here I need an anorak and water proof leggings, neither of which I can be bothered to buy!

3. AND something to wear to all the parties this Christmas..... despite the fact that I have all last years stuff as was too ill to go anywhere or wear anything.

Mr Boden and Mr White Stuff really like me!!!!

Sue x

juliet66

Not gormless enough finty....good going though!

Yay..nice to see the thread again !!

Red pop up gazebo, for no apparent reason, in a garden that it is too big for!
Er, 3 books that I have read already.
Another dress for my daughter (13) that has a wardrobe full of them and the last 2 are still in bags.

Mariff. Like the boots ..(mine are boring in comparison).

finty

Does losing my mobile and finding it in the fridge count?

finty x

Guest user
Not applicable

Well, here we go again -- just had to find this thread and start it up again . . . . . My report: silver-studded black leather ankle boots, obviously an urgent need for someone with hand/foot syndrome! Anyone else have something to report?
Marilyn xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Louise, you are probably "Queen Gormless" this week!

All I have to report is a pair of shorts. It snowed here on Tuesday.

Marilyn x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Louise,
Thats a good one ,would certainly not tell OH.
Lesley x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all,
I have been reading this post but until yesterday didn't have any gormlessness to post. I went shopping yesterday and parked in the local multistorey carpark. Went shopping briefly then returned to the car but couldn't fing the keys. I turned my bag out but no sign. Was just considering retracing my footsteps when I looked down and saw them in the ignition. Opened door and got to realise that the car was still running!!!! Do I tell OH?
Louise

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi All, Well today I think I have got the ultimate gormless shopping yet. Feeling really fed up I've just been online and managed to get 2 tickets for MICHEAL BUBLE tonight at Sheffield and in good seats, I can't believe my luck its a sellout concert and I've been trying for ages to get the tickets. Should make up for the tickets I bought last April to see Elton John in October and then he cancelled on the night with 'man flu'.
This should keep my mind of tomorrows hospital visit, Can't wait
Lesley xx

juliet66

Susie...I have.

I ordered black and silver at the same time. Cannot really walk in either of them!! I have secondaries in my spine too.......

Julie

Guest user
Not applicable

So, just how many pairs of wedges and platforms does a girl with a bad back need to pose around in? My finger is hovering over the order button for another pair of summer wedges......I haven't got a silver pair!!!!!!

Sue x

belinda

Oh Jayne your stains sound much nicer than my usual tea, coffee, egg, pork scratchings, pickled onions, daddies sauce, lard stains..ok I made some of those up but you get the slovenly picture!
I did buy some lovely shiny pink birkies yesterday which after months of small house sized crocs look like kitten heels to me. 🙂
x

nicky08
Community Champion

With a hint of white linen I hope 😉
Nicky

Guest user
Not applicable

I'm wearing red wine tonight! .... and some left over chocolate easter egg - i look ravishing.....jayne

juliet66

Jayne, you do make me laugh!!

Belinda, I must agree that slightly browned Pilsbury dough ankles are more preferable.

I wear crocs in private but find the slightly elevated black sandals tend to detract from pig/dough like quality of my trotters, I mean feet!!

I too like to wear my food. Must be another gormless trait !!

Julie

belinda

Hee..ah we can share his ankles if you like.. 😄
I'm going to try to brown my pillsburys this weekend.
Jayne I've turned into a messy woman who likes to wear her food and drink wherever she goes..perhaps I should ditch the linen and turn to prints..pref. tea coloured prints..it might distract from the ankles and biggie Crocs...mmm..
Frank the puppy sounds adorable..you must get matching hoodies and shoes.
Have a lovely weekend all. xx

Guest user
Not applicable

well i must go to a shoe shop - cant keep up with you gals
although Marilyn i do not iron and tend to wear my food so i think white linen would be perfect for me too,,,,,i couls also accessorise Frank ( pug puppy) who disgraced himself at first obedience class,,, maybe i should but him a hoodie....or some trendy outfit too! maybe we could get the same - you know how dog owners begin to look like their dogs - he looks somewhere between a piglet and a bat - and i think perhaps i do too!!!! must go shopping tomorrow.......keep going gals Jayne x

juliet66

No... I beg to differ, I have his ankles !!!!

nicky08
Community Champion

Belinda - how can he stand now you have his ankles? Give them back straight away or he'll just lie there, a great big uncooked doughball 😉

Guest user
Not applicable

OK -- I've been failing to be gormless for quite a while, but managed a small contribution to the collection today: white linen three-quarter length trousers (or very long shorts). White. Linen. I'm a very messy person, and I don't iron (much respect to you, Belinda). I think that's a gormless success!
Marilyn x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Everyone, I seem to be a 'gormy girl' too! Thank god it's not just me, I seem to wander round in a daze half the time and can't remember from one minute to the next what I'm supposed to be doing. Why have we all got a thing about shoes???????? I bought a pair of sandals a couple of weeks ago, put them away in the cupboard and then last Saturday went and bought a pair which are almost identical. - I don't even know when I'll wear them...

Still, it's good to know I'm not alone, maybe we should start a club 'Gormy Girls United' or the 'Chemorinies' - reminds me of the Ovaltinies when I was a kid, but now I'm giving my age away.

I see I've started rambling again, so I'll wish you all a wonderful day. Take good care of yourselves. Lotsa love, Dianne x x x

belinda

Hello fellow gormes 🙂 love the descriptions of the shoes you've all been buying...thanks to puffy ankles..(remember the Pillsbury dough man? I seem to have inherited his ankles..) the only shoes for me are Birkies and the oh so (not) stylish Crocs. 😞
I do have about 5 million M and S linen shirts though..and I hate ironing...x

nicky08
Community Champion

Shoes - now there's a cause so close to our lovely Debs' heart 🙂 I hope we can all do them (and her) justice. Here's my 'show-and-tell' Bought a pair of lovely black cork wedges earlier this year - well, I had to as they had money off, already! Hadn't worn them and realised I still had them when I bought another pair of black (this time, raffia, or whatever the grassy stuff is) wedges which were still quite high but much easier to walk in than the others - oops. Decided I should get a refund on the 1st (unworn) pair to pay for the others. I took them back (yes, I know how hard that is Fiona), got my refund and then decided to buy the lovely pair of white wedges - sorted! Oh, and then on the same day a more sensible low heeled pair of slingback pumps in red. So that's some of the colours sorted but I'm also eye-ing up a pair of flat pumps in Dune which are so lovely in pink or blue - I'm not sure how long I will be able to resist but as I'm pretty weak willed I guess next week 😉
Happy shopping, gormless or otherwise
Nicky x

Guest user
Not applicable

I do have one small confession, I did a mystery shop in an expensive shoe shop. I picked out some purple shoes and was supposed to post them back and get a refund, but I got them home and decided I liked them so rang up and asked to keep them - at my expense of course.

They are fab but when I will ever where them who knows.

Fiona

juliet66

Have just pm'd you too.

Guest user
Not applicable

Julie - well done !!!!!!
Great to see you are still as gormless as ever - I am straight round the shops tomorrow to hold up my end! Will let you know....Jayne xx

juliet66

Jayne,

I am here and gormless as ever. I ordered some new black leather sandals. Tried them on,wore them, only to discover I bought the exact same pair last year. To make things worse there are another 7 verrrry similar pairs... 😞

julie x

Guest user
Not applicable

What is happening?????
Have we given up shopping?
If we have - what does this mean....??????
what do we do now
I am scared .......
please tell me there are still gormless shoppers out there
Tomorrow I am going out ...... will not come home till i triumph.....
go girls - get out there and give it your best.....you know it makes sense......

Guest user
Not applicable

Now have 2 collars and 2 leads for the puppy that cannot go for walks yet!!! Now have two sets of toys to chew - one for lower level and one for second floor room - she can't go down stairs yet so continually brings everything up!! Starting to think she will soon walk off this steroid (definitely not chocolate) fat!!!

Sue xx

Guest user
Not applicable

...you can get special dog goggles - for when your dog puts her head out of the car window - protects them from flies, grit and such - an absolute essential, not forgetting autumn and spring ensembles.

Guest user
Not applicable

Yes, just as I managed to return the £xxx fascinator and replace it with more goodies from the same shop - not a refund - and spend more......I am now buying things for the puppy.....she has a rubber bone, ball soft toy and oops, hubby has just read what I have written.......so far he is laughing....wait till he sees the credit card statement!!!!!!

Still need a few more things for the puppy though........

Sue xx

Guest user
Not applicable

.......now I'm sorry Julie, but surely that must win you some sort of award, even in the gormless category. Still eventually you will be able to use it, so something to look forward to perhaps. I think I have been aced!

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Ladies I was in T J Hughes on Sat and found lots of Tigi Bedhead stuff. spent a fortune on various serums, shine sprays and shampoo. Just in time I have realised for my hair to fall out. Still at least I will have the shiniest, nicest smelling wig there is.

Julie xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Quite right Sue - feet up and enjoy the chocs. But any washing up for a 16 year old is quite an achievement!

Enjoy the rest of the day. I got some lovely organic soaps so long hot soak in bath for me later - with a wee glass of vino of course.

Anne xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Yes Anne you are right, my daughter was going to do it but by the time she had showered, got her face on and got dressed (she's 16 years and 7 months) I had it ready but she did wash up - well, the things that wouldn't go in the dishwasher!!

I won't be doing anythinmg else for the rest of the day.....

Sue xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Sue

Pleased to hear your plans are afoot for you much wanted puppy - lots of lovely gormless things to buy there!!

Happy mother's day - shouldn't it be them making you all day breakfast?

Anne xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Happy Mother's Day to all the mummies - I now have my supply of gorgeous chocolates replenished so will soon be unable to fit into all my gornless purchases - there are so many that the fascinator probably won't fit either.....

But plans are afoot to find me a puppy of the right breed/type that I am hankering for so then I will be able to go and buy lots of things for the puppy!!!!! I might have to start in advance!!!!

Lots of love to all the mummies - have a super day. My daughter is busy with her homework, I am making my Dad some special biscuits (his favourite so he doesn't feel left out) and my boys are at rugby but will be back soon for their all day breakfast.

Sue xx

Guest user
Not applicable

.... forgot to mention that then have to have a take away that night so the kitchen stays clean for at least a day!!!!!

Guest user
Not applicable

oh i could do with one to clear up before the cleaner comes - i go into the only highly energised clear up an hour before she comes .... and then feel so guilty about her cleaning my house i have to go out - still at least i also get in some gormless shopping!
How to spend all the money in one day!!!!!!