Secondaries lung bones eye

First  post

1994 Breast cancer left, lumpectomy, radiotherapy, tamoxifen  no further problems very healthy until:

2015  Dec.  Distorted vision left eye diagnosed uveal melanoma, no vision right eye due to keratitis in early childhood. Declined treatment due to high risk of total loss of vision.

2016 April CT/PET scan showed cancer activity right lung, left sixth rib, left illiac and left ischial tuberosity

2016 May  Lung biopsy adeocarinoma consistent with breast primary

lesion at left macula is a primary breast adenocarinoma.

Treatment  Letrozole 2.5mg daily  Bisphosphonates intravenously every 4 weeks.

Especially interested to hear from anyone with eye mets.

Hello Annie
Welcome to our little family where kindness and support is always here for you.
I have bone Mets so not very helpful to you I’m afraid but we are both on letrozole and bone juice !!
Hopefully one of the ladies reading will be able to help u with more info.
I was dx 2004 and when it comes back …it’s like being hit by a double decker bus isnt it.
After 11 healthy, happy years I thought my hip pain was just old age but oh no …nothing as simple as that.
Anyway …stay here on this website and hopefully you will find the right thread to help. You could try the search box and see if you can find info that way.
In the meantime I will send you some positive vibes .
Xxxx

Hello Annie
Sorry you have had no other replies …things are a bit slow here as a lot of our ladies are sunning themselves on white sands with Palm trees and pina colada at this time of year!!
Maybe a little Google search or you could go to the section ask the nurses on the main page as there is so much expertise there.
Carolyn xxx

Hi Annie, so sorry to hear about what you are going through. I was diag in 2001, mets in 2013. I also understand about the eye mets and how you may be feeling. To my knowledge, I havent got eye mets, but have several eye conditions and often worry about whether certain treatments affect the eyes. I have mild cataracts and when they need an op, that will definitely affect my cornea( I have Fuch’s Dystrophy) and  will need a corneal transplant. So I scour s/e when offered new drugs. Am on Zometa, recently tried Donusamab, but wentc back to Zometa, by choice. I noted Denusomab may cause cataracts to 10% of people, so decided to stay with Zometa. 

Like you, I got/get scared sometimes. My initial prognosis sounded poor as my L/N were alsmost all affected under the armpit…with localised spread to fatty tissue around thrm… like you I felt it was a desth srntence…saw everyone at my memorial service( in my mind). I did what you are doindg…I scoured the websites to find others like me, who had survived a long time.

i have mets through my spine and liver mets, inject myself with heparin daily as had a dvt from the drugs, but am able to live a fairly normal life( apart from all the hospital visits)  do keep us updated on how things go, as the others said, we are a friendly crowd on here and we are all on the same journey, albeit, slightly different travelling conditions!  Currently am on Eribulin chemo in 3 weekly cycles.

look forward to your posts,

love and hugs

Moijan