cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secondary in bones and liver

46 REPLIES 46
Chris007

Re: Secondary in bones and liver

Hi Girls - I am now on 3rd cycle of capecitabine. Tumour markers are stable for first time since met diagnosis and I will have scan next week which will hopefully confirm stable disease. Feeling fine but have noticed my fingers gertting dry and having trouble screwing the tops on tubes but small price to pay. Hope you are all keeping well and enjoying the sunshine this morning. Chris x x

nicky08
Community Champion

Hi ponsuir

Sorry to hear you have progression in your liver.  I also have had that happen, after 5 years of 'only' bone mets, which Arimidex had held at bay.  However, as I've said below, my receptor status has changed to HER+ from HER- so it's not surprising that the hormones stopped either working or being so effective.  Good luck with this new treatment - I've not heard about this one before. I'm still on Capecitabine, after nearly a year, and will find out soon from a CT scan whether it still is doing it's job or if it's time to move to something else.

Nicky x

ponsmuir

I'm joining this thread as, like Chris 007, Letrozole has stopped working as well as it did after a year now and I now have progression in my liver.
I am starting a trial on Monday to see if Irosustrat will help block the other oestrogen pathway and will be reviewed after 6 weeks.
How is the Xeloda going, Chris?
Kenni

Hi Nicky
Thank you for the information.what you said about zometa incorrect - having a fever and spoken to the doctor and he said wait and see as I already have a fever before I start the chemo. He wants to see meon Friday instead to have a blood test.
Have you ever heard of having chemo and rad at the same time. I read that cyber knife is very effective. Thinking of asking my oncologist on Friday about it.

nicky08
Community Champion

Hi kenni, good luck with your treatments and more importantly, the side effects. The first infusion of zometa can give flu like symptoms but the next infusions are usually OK, so don't worry if this time around you feel really rough, it may not all be down to chemo.
In answer to your question about receptor status the answer is yes, the HER in particular, can change. Research, and info on here, shows about 30% of HER- cancers can change to HER+ and this will obviously affect the way your cancer is treated. My oncologist was reluctant to do a liver biopsy as he felt my previously HER - BC was unlikely to change, how wrong was he! From very strong ER and PR +, HER- BC (both primary and recurrence) I have gone to ER +, slightly less for PR, but HER+ Therefore if I had not had the biopsy done and was treated with hormone therapy only it would not have been so effective, if at all. The reason your onc says it could delay treatment would be, I'm presuming, that you'd need to be completely off IV chemo as the risk of infection could be a problem. I had mine done in my week off Capecitabine, but this type of chemo doesn't affect your white blood cell count so much as IV chemo does. As it is chemo will still be treating your BC and I hope you get good results. Maybe a biopsy can be done after your chemo has finished? Having said that its definitely not a pleasant procedure and, depending on where in your liver your BC is lurking, it may not be possible to have a biopsy as having a bone biopsy, I've heard, it very difficult and painful.
I hope this hasn't worried you unduly, many secondary ladies don't have a biopsy done due to the reasons above but do ask me any questions if you want more info. For the record, although I have shown to be HER+ now I've not had Herceptin due to other medical reasons, although hope to be able to have it in the future when these are sorted out, and Capecitabine has been very effective.
Nicky x

Kenni

Hi ladies
Started my chemo and zometa yesterday. Feeling ok today.
I read here that your cancer type can change and I asked my oncologist yesterday about having a biopsy. He said this will delay my treatment. If anyone has a biopsy, how before you could start the hemorrhagic treatment?
He also said that the cancer rarely change? Is this true?

Kenni

Hi Belinda
I am starting my treatment tomorrow. I am er+ for primary.
I can't remember what my onc said - but my husband think 6 monthly weekly taxol and every fourth week I have a bone strengthening injection.
I still prefer quantity over quality as I want to be here for as long as I can for my twins.
I would definitely want to be in charge of my treatment this time rather than what the onc said. But at the same time worry that he might get the ump and then not treat me properly.

belinda

Hi, are you er- Kenni? What treatments have you had so far? Some chemotherapies are kinder if things are slower to change and quality of life is the most important factor. I usually stress I still want quantity over quality of life at the moment. But I always let my Onc know every time I have an appointment with him just so he knows this is still my priority. This way has reflected my treatment path and I've felt more in control of things. But some are more relaxed and happy for their Onc to decide their treatments. We are all different.I take the bisphosphonate tablets, they suit me but not everyone likes them as you have to stay upright, fast and only have tap water when taking them etc. If you are er+ hormonals can be very effective too over chemo. Do you want to be scanned or have tumour markers taken often or are you happier with scans if and when you feel they are needed. Good Luck..X

Kenni

Hi all
I am seeing the onc next Tuesday and any suggestion of what questions I should be asking him? I used to just let him tell me what is suitable for me. I never seem to know what to ask and so is my husband.
Any suggestion is welcome. Thank you all

Lynnq

Thanks for that Belinda, it kind of makes sense, i wish the Onc had told me that, but i was so shocked i didn't ask any questions........they only answer the ones you ask don't they?
Anniejac

Hi Truddels
I understand your anxiety. The medics were telling me the same. Inflammation where ribs meet sternum. This went on for 18 months. I understand this is quite common. My pain ranged from stinging pain stabbing pains and crushing pain It went from coming and going to always there to some degree. I did develope a lump over time too.
My advice is if it continues go back to doctor. Hope it all works out for you AJ
belinda

Hi Lyn, it's something I think I must have been told years ago at the hospital. I would think, I don't work in any medical field, it's due to there being the blood, brain barrier and there being only a few chemotherapies that can cross over to the brain. I understand it's like having rib bone mets doesn't mean you are anymore likely to develop lung mets. Also bone mets are often in the long bones but not often below elbow or knee. The cancer cells travel through blood and lymph and settle to new sites that way. If anyone is reading this and think I've got this wrong please shout out.

x

belinda

Kenni, I have everything crossed for you, it is rare and I hope the MRI will show all is well with your spinal cord and you can get started with your chemo and injections. I know from experience once the onc says something it's forever played out again in your head. 😞 I hope the results are soon and you can at least cross it out.
You must feel exhausted. XXX
Lynnq

Hello belinda

I am so pleased that i read your response to Kenni.......i have scull mets and am really scared that they will spread to my brain. Did your onc tell you that this is no more likely or did you read it domewhere?

Lyn
Kenni

Hi Belinda
I might put on a brave face and brave words, but inside I am absolutely an emotional rake.
That what the onc said to me re my MRI scan to check whether it has got into my spinal cord. That is what worry me most. I didn't know it is rare to have spinal cord involvement but fingers crossed that everything is ok. I hope to have my result next Tuesday before I start my chemo - i think weekly taxol with the fourth week injection to strengthening the bone for the next six months.

trudy2010

Anniejac,

Do you mind if I ask you a question about the symptoms,if any,  you had of sternum mets?.

I'm 3 years after WLE and the last 4 weeks have been getting sharp electric-type pains across the top of the chest wall above the breast and down into the sternum.  I went to my GP yesterday as it hurts me to breathe,she suggested I had inflammation of the cartilage joints which hold the ribs and sternum together,

On another thread , Grumpy has said that regenerating nerves can be painful about 3 yrs after surgery, which is an interesting thought. I don't have any new lumps or bumps on examination.

Cheers; Best wishes to you all xxx

Truddles

mrsblue

Hi again Kenni

I know that when we're anxious about our disease and its treatment, we can sometimes be confused about information.   So I hope it's OK if I comment on what you said in your post, "Last time I have ECT for chemo without the F as my onc said it doesn't do anything to the cancer.".

FEC (5-FU, epirubicin, cyclophosphamide) is a combination of 3 chemotherapy drugs that is often given for primary bc.  There is also the EC combination (without 5-FU), I had this in 2009-10 and it was effectve for me.  There is another chemo drug, capecitabine, which is taken as tablets - the drug is converted to 5-FU in the body, particularly within cancer cells (amazing that the researchers have developed this one!)  I did very well on capecitabine for two years.  "ECT" is something else - not a cancer treatment!!

I do hope this is reassuring, and not confusing, for you.  If you are puzzled, keep asking your oncologist or bc nurse, or ring the BCC helpline.  All these professionals should be able to help those of us who have a lot of anxiety - or if English isn't our first language ... etc.  And if it helps, keep posting to these forums.  Many of us have experience that can help others.

belinda

Hi Kenni, I'm a real scaredy cat.Cat Embarassed Do you have a reason to think you may have bc to the spinal cord?

I had some rads last year because I had a bone met edging towards my spinal cord but my understanding is although most of those with bone mets tend to have spinal mets actual involvement to the spinal cord is quite rare. It's a little like having skull mets doesn't mean the bc is any more likely to spread to your brain than someone who also has bone mets but doesn't have skull mets.

I hope you don't have a long wait for your results. I don't think any of us find waiting for results easy, it's often called scanxiety on these forums.

Good Luck, we are a supportive bunch..xxx

Kenni

Hi Belinda
Thank you for the encouragement. Like you I don't drink, smoke, eat healthy, etc still got cancer.
What worry me most is whether they have got into my spinal cord. I suppose like you said I can't do anything to prevent it but just have to live with it for however long I got. Big talk but inside shrivelling up.

Kenni

Hi Flapjack
Sorry to hear that you are going through the same as us all here.
Last time I have ECT for chemo without
the F as my onc said it doesn't do anything to the cancer.
I was in an emotional state when my onc told me the cancer back and didn't register a word what he said re my treatment - he told my husband he will go through it again with me next Tuesday when my treatment start with taxol.
If it knackered you out after just two cycle, I will be in trouble. Last time the chemo laid me off for 10 ten days afterward.
Hope and pray that you don't have bone met. I am dread my MRI scan re spreading to my spinal cord. I think if it is in the spinal cord, I don't think there is any treatment for me.
Do take care of yourself and thanks for supporting me in this journey.

belinda

Oh thank you Helen, I always like to tell a little bit of my time with bc so others know there are options and treatments to keep us well for longer than we might first think. I have just sent you a small private message.x

Chris good luck, I had 4 and a half years with this chemo. It was doable. I hope you also have a long time with it..x

Chris007

Thank you for your support - have found the thread on Capecitopine and will be prepared next week. Hopefully it will be a breeze and will hit the spot! It is amazing that life has to go on as usual - packed lunches, washing housework etc etc but maybe thats what keeps us going. Love to you all. Chris x

Lucy_BCC

Dear Chris
In addition to the support here our helpliners are on hand weekdays 9-5 and Sat 10-2 with a listening ear for you on 0808 800 6000
Take care
Lucy BCC

nicky08
Community Champion

Hi Chris. Just helping with a little advice about Xeloda/Capecitabine - which is its generic name. There is a long thread, recently bumped up by swanie, about Top Tips for Capecitabine, its well worth a read to prepare you. Having said that don't think you will get every side effect! I have been on Capecitabine since Feb when my liver mets were found and I have found it easy to cope with, certainly in comparison to IV chemo. The main SE that affects most people is the sore hands and feet so you will need to keep them extra moisturised, especially in this cold weather when hands get dry anyway. Do have a look at the thread, I'll bump it up again if its dropped too low down the page. It has shown to be effective for my mets, shrinking them by about half and that's without my other complication of being HER+ but unable to have Herceptin at the moment, but that's another tale! Good luck to everyone with new, and older, diagnoses, its a tough time but somehow over time we all eventually seem to deal with it in our own way.
Nicky x

2catlady

Hi,Chris,so sorry to hear about latest results. I'm sending you a huge hug xxxxx. I always feel hopeful when I read our wonderful Belinda's posts ,10 years and still fighting.
Someone will be along soon to give you some advice on Xeloda.
Huge hugs to you Chris and all the other lovely ladies on here,Helen xxxx
Chris007

Hi Ladies

I was diagnosed with bone mets in July following primary diagnosis in 2009. I was put on letrozole but my most recent scan now shows it has spread to my liver. I am due to start Xeloda next week. Am feeling so low, can't sleep and so want to live to see my 10 year old through school. Any advice out there on dealing with all of this and especially side effects of Xeloda? Chris x

belinda

This may be helpful for anyone interested in tumour markers. I have the CA15 -3 tests and the CEA tests.
http://www.labtestsonline.org.uk/
belinda

Hi to all, I just wanted to say Hi. I was diagnosed stage 4 from the very beginning, ten years ago, 2003.

I have bone mets and some soft tissue mets. The last ten years I've had both hormonal and chemo treatments and bone strengthening (bisphosphonates) treatment. Some treatments have worked for years at a time. Arimidex worked for 3 and a half years, Capecitabine (Xeloda) worked for over 4 years.

I feel well and have enjoyed long periods of stability these last ten years. My Onc uses tumour markers to monitor how well a treatment's working along with scans. As one treatment starts to become less effective I'm started on another. I still have a number of treatments to try.

Kenni there wasn't anything you could have done to prevent your bc coming back. Unless you have a new primary your cancer hasn't come back it was always there, some micro met from your primary stayed from the very beginning and it's now made itself known. Whatever you might feel you could have done to prevent this it would not have made the slightest difference. Don't blame yourself in any way.

It's often thought if only we had done this or that we could have in some way have prevented breast cancer. I know so many healthy, vegan, vegetarians, sporty, slim women who breast fed and never drank alcohol in fact they ticked all the boxes to not get cancer and yet still they find themselves here. I ticked all the right boxes I've just mentioned to be highly unlikely at risk of breast cancer. Smiley Frustrated

We all find our own way of moving forward after our diagnosis. It can take a long time to process all your thoughts and fears, it really does feel one step forwards and two back at times. But one day cancer will not be your first thought on waking. Good Luck to all. xHeart

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Kenni and everyone,

I'm so sorry that you're going through this, the turmoil, the not sleeping and everything else.  I understand what you're going through though because a couple of weeks ago I was diagnosed with mets in my liver and possibly bones too (blood test showed high levels for bone mets), following an initial BC diagnosis in 2011, chemo, mastectomy and rads.  The bone scan results I havent had yet, although I expect the consultant has them.  I will really have to chase him up but am hoping that "no news is good news" although our hospital is very lax about keeping patients informed from what I overheard in the chemo clinic this week. 

I have currently had two doses of Taxol (I had Docetaxol and FEC in 2011) and am having Taxol weekly for 18 sessions.  The dose is a bit weaker but already I am feeling washed out and knackered but I manage to pace myself through the day and only do what I can.  Mentally I am finding it difficult to keep positive although reading the posts on this thread has made me realise that there are lots of different options out there.  It's so encouraging to read how some of the ladies are doing. 

I am older than you, 57 and my two sons are in their 20s although they are currently living at home.  So we are three adults which helps to share the load and they are a great support. 

It is interesting to read that the bone mets can be stabilised with injections (if I do have bone mets) because I have been anxious that I ought to be having another chemo potion alongside the Taxol and have been missing out.  Injections seems a bit more manageable. 

Sorry for rambling, Kenni, it's just that there's so much to say and ask and worry about, it all comes out in a huge rush. 

I hope you can find a way of sleeping a bit more - it's so important to rest your mind and body. 

Sending love and hugs your way xxxx

Kenni

Hi Roxy and Porkie
Usually I am a good sleeper but last few months had bad back pain and couldn't get to sleep and since then become like a habit. My body is absolutely exhausted but my mind just wouldn't shut down. I might try nytol as I heard from one of my friend he used it regularly.
I feel like I have been given a life sentence when my Onc told me on Tuesday. Wonder what I could have done before to prevent it from coming back.
I will definitely ask more questions this time rather then just accept what my Onc said.
So sorry Porkie to hear that you have widespread secondaries bones. How are coping now? I just had an MRI scan and hope it has not spread to my spinal cord.
This site is really informative and supportive and it did help me calm down a bit today. Even manage to go to the office for a few hours.
Thank you all again. Just have to keep positive.

nicky08
Community Champion

Hi Kenni

We all know how scary a secondary diagnosis is and no wonder you're not sleeping.  I have had bone mets for 5 and a bit years and found out it had also gone to my liver earlier this year.  There are various treatments that are used depending on what you've had before and whether you're hormone and/or HER positive.  There really doesn't seem to be a set treatment for everyone but you can certainly ask your consultant why the particular one is chosen.  Also you can get a second opinion, you are entitled to it and it will be free on the NHS.  I had a second opinion back in Feb when I found out I had liver mets, I went to The Marsden and it did confirm I was getting the right treatment.  My oncologist was understanding when I asked about it and organised it for me.  

I am also on denosumab, the bone injection, and it is by far the easiest, quickest and (for me) least treatment for side effects than the previous intravenous and tablet form of bone strengtheners I've had over the past 5 years.

I think a lot of us found we could deal/cope with the situation once a treatment plan had been started as we feel something is being done.  And there are many stories that have been told on here about great successes with treatments for secondaries so please bear that in mind when you are feeling so low.  Local support groups can help and it sounds like you have a good BCN, unlike a lot of us!  Come back on here for support as well as any questions you have, there's usually someone who will be able to share their experience.

Take care

Nicky x

Porkie

Kenni and Annisjac

I too am a poor sleeper and always wake up lots of time in the night although I do manage to go back to sleep. Like Roxy12 I asked my GP for something to help and she gave me 14 Zoplicone - they can be addictive so I dont take them often but if I have had a really bad night or lots of things on my mind - e.g. scan results coming up then I will take one and get myself a good nights sleep - just knowing I have some in the bedside cabinet helps me. I have secondaries in bones - widespread so everywhere basically. I was diagnosed with primary and secondaries at the same time in April 2011 and at the time remember thinking I would not be around for my sons graduation the following year so as I am widowed I made arrangements with my best firend that she would go for me. I was on letrozole until recently then following some progression am now on ee combination and plan to be around for a long time yet. I think the first few months after diagnosis are the worse and then after treatments have started life becomes a little more normal although I dont think it can ever go back to how it was pre diagnosis but keep your spirits up and keep using this forum - it is a godsend and there are so many people with lots of experience and information always there to help. xx

roxy12

Kenni and Anniejac,

I am a really poor sleeper not just because of the BC but just in general and all summer I have been waking around 3am and the only way I could go back to sleep was to go on the sofa. This helped but I don't know why. However I couldn't keep doing that so I asked the GP for something to help me sleep. He gave me 2 weeks of Zopiclone (3.5mg) but said he wanted them to last me 2 months! He didn't want me getting too used to them. I now take half of a Nytol and it really helps. You need your sleep to help your immune system and to give you strengh to fight the cancer. I definately feel much better for a good nights sleep and if I do wake at 3 or 4 am I manage to drift off again. XX PS I always manage to go to sleep when I go to bed. ( maybe this is the glass of red wine!)

Kenni

Hi Anniejac
My breast care nurse is fantastic. Every time I ring up she always there to talk to.
I will talk to her about getting a second opinion.
Like you I am also from the old school, knowledge is power and sometime I feel I am overload with info.
I thing I come across over and over again is to change my diet. Going to start using a juicer for fruit & veg.
Thank you everyone for being here for me

Anniejac

I was going to breast clinic annually for seven years and when I started getting pain I told them and they fobbed me off with its quite common go home and try anti inflammatory stuff. I did. It did not go away. It was particularly bad one day, visited my gp and she refers me to orthopedic hospital who diagnosed me after tests and biopsies. I felt so let down by breast clinic...... I can't tell you, but anyhow I was then referd to onc then when I wanted a second opinion I went back to ortho who diagnosed in first place Sorry for the long version. But that's how I went about it. I know that breast care nurses are very good at pointing you in right direction. You are not alone in this and I know what a worry it can be but if u have faith in your cancer care team that's great but if not ask to transfer. It's quite acceptable.
I know what you mean about not sleeping and hanging around these sites in the wee small hours. I do it all the time. I wake up thinking about the big C and I finally go to sleep thinking about it. I'm from the school of knowledge is power and am continually trying to learn more
Maybe speak soon. Keep your chin up sweetie and remember you are not alone x
Kenni

Hi Anniejac
I still can't sleep and still hang around this site reading. My Onc supposedly to be the top guy but I just have a feeling he just trying to fob me off all the time. I have rib pain since finished my primary bcc and he kind off said it is all in my head and get to a point when I see him on my follow ou appointment, I just everything is ok.
How do you go about getting a second opinion? Do you have to pay for it privately?
Going to my MRI scan this evening to check the spine. Like you I am dreading it? Can't sleep, can't eat and can't stop worrying what if.
Hope you get your appointment soon. Will let you know my go.

Anniejac

Hi Kenni I was diagnosed in September with secondary in and around sternum. I have been prescribed arimidex and bone strength stuff. The thing I could not come to terms with was why was it not operable?
So I challenged it by getting a second opinion from an orthopedic consultant. She was marvellous and sat me down showed me my scans and where the cancer was present and explained, in detail, why it was not possible. Ok I was disappointed , but came away with a much better understanding of what was going on in my body. She reassured me that the meds I have been prescribed were exactly right for me. If only my onc had reassured me in the same way, I don't think I would have seemed out another opinion
Now waiting for MRI on spine. ....... Feel like I'm in a fog and mentally and physically exhausted. I really feel for you especially with twins. It certainly helps to off load on a site like this and you spill it out in the wee small hours when you can't sleep ( like me right now...lol)
Whishing you all the best, please come back for a natter. I will update too
2catlady

Hi,Kenni,I've sent you a private message. You click on the name of the person you want to PM ,this takes you to a new page about that person and then at the right hand side it will say send private message .click on that and as the say Bobs your uncle ...
Helen xx
Kenni

Hi Geordiex
Such a relief to hear that you have good result with the treatment. All I worry about is that I am not responding to it. Also very concern with tomorrow MRI scan on my spine.
2catlady, definitely will love to pm you as I need someone who can relate to me. How do I pm you? The problem is I can't stop crying and can't sleep as well. Haven't sleep for two nights now.
Mrsblue, you are right. I have taxotere for my primary. I was such was emotional rake I probably thought it is the same.
Roxy12, so glad to hear that you doing well and going swimming and everything else.
I am really grateful for all your messages and it does keep my spirit high and knowing someone out going through the same thing and getting good results.

roxy12

Hi Kennie,

I'm glad you have come on this site. I don't know where I would be if I didn't have the support of this forum. I was dx 2 years ago with lung mets, have since found that there have also been bone mets on my spine since Jan 2012 although these have remained unchanged and I do not have any symptoms.

I have not had any chemo as yet. I have been stable on Evorilmus and Exemestane since July 2012.

I can't advise you on the chemo but I would certainly ask your onc the next time you see him if he thinks this is the right approach since you have already had this chemo. There are plenty of treatments out there so don't think this is the end of the road! When I found out I had secondaries I took clothes to the charity shop and bought new bedding as I thought I would soon be in bed all day! Two years on I still go swimming and walking etc. AND shopping for new clothes!

Also sending you hugs!!!! Sheila xx

mrsblue

Dear Kenni

Thinking of you as you have had such devastating news.

I was diagnosed with secondaries in bones in 2006 (3 weeks after my primary diagnosis) and liver "mets" in 2009.  I've had several different treatments (chemo and hormone therapy) and have just had stable scan/blood results.  I hope this may encourage you and others living with this disease. 

Weekly Taxol (paclitaxel) is a tough chemo but can be very effective.  Do ask your medical team, maybe you had a different chemo drug, Taxotere (docetaxel) as part of your primary treatment?

Bone-strengthening drugs can be given as injection (denosumab), intravenously (often Zometa - this apparently has some anticancer activity too), or tablets, I've been on ibandronic acid tablets for years now.

It is good that you have a supportive husband - this forum is a great place for support too.

2catlady

Oh ,Kennie, huge hug xxxxx Let all your emotions out,you don't have to be brave at all. I cry every time I go to hospital.
Once you get your treatment plan sorted you can take your first step down this road .huge hug ,Helen xxxxxxxx
P.s. If you want to PM me I certainly don't mind. I'm 47
geordiex

hi I have/had liver mets and had 1 cycle of docetaxel had a bad reaction ,was put onto weekly taxol and managed 8 before side effects took over ,but results were great last scan in Sept showed nothing visible so I now have herceptin by injection every 3 weeks my primary was 2009 and I had FAC plus 18 herceptin ,I was diagnosed in March this year nothing on bone scan ,but original ct showed sclerotic lesions which are basically healed bones ,good luck in your treatment xx

Kenni

Hi 2catlady
Thank you for your reply so quickly and also your advice.
Been down this emotional roller coaster when had the primary. I just don't seem to be able to get my emotion in check and go down this road with a brave face.

Lucy_BCC

Dear Kenni
I am sorry to read your news, you have come back to the right place for support and information. In addition to the support here our helpliners are on hand with practical and emotional support on 0808 800 6000 and lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturday so please feel free to call

This link will take you to further support ideas and information about treatments for secondary breast cancer which I hope you will find useful:

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/secondaries

Take care
Lucy BCC

2catlady

Oh so sorry Kenni,that you have joined us.but You will get loads of support on here ,the ladies are wonderful and so knowledgeable . I can't advise you on chemo as I haven't gone down that road yet( primary &bone mets diagnosed at same time) but lots of ladies on here will have and be able to give you some advice. If you have bone mets your onc will give you bone strengtheners .i have zometa every 3 weeks for bones.
It's an awful time when you are told but it does get easier to deal with. We all will still have wobbly days and that is normal.
It is certainly not the end of the road but the start on another road.
Sending you a huge hug,Helen xxxxxxxxx
Kenni

Secondary in bones and liver

Just be told this morning that the 'C' word is back in two places. Absolutely devastated and can't sleep. Still need to have a MRI scan to see whether spread to spine.
Have primary in 2010 - mastectomy, chemo & rads.
Very young twins (4.5 years) to deal with and husband fantastic.
Onc suggested taxol weekly and bone strengthening injection ever 4 week. Is this the normal procedure? I have taxol last time and shouldn't I should be prescribe a difference type of chemo as surely it didn't work last time. Wondering what any of you have if your condition same as me.
Sorry about ramblings on as totally out of my head with worry whether this is the end of the road for me? Do anyone seek second opinion of the diagnoses?