Sent for biopsy

Hello all
Last night I found a lump in my left breast just below and left to my nipple. I immediately rang my GP this morning and got an appointment for later this afternoon. Upon examination my GP immediately agreed that I had a lump. He was very professional in his examination; he told me not to worry and that 90% could be benign. I have been referred to our local breast clinic, Linda McCartney centre in Liverpool, for a biopsy and scan. I have a solid support group but I cannot help but think the worst. Any advice for the next few weeks to help me not worry do much. Thanks in advance everyone who has taken the time to read this xxxx

Hi krispatto,

Welcome to the BCC discussion forums, you’ve come to the right place for some good, honest support from the many informed users of this site, who I am sure will be along soon to help.  In the meantime I have put for you below the link to one of BCC’s publications you might find helpful and if you need someone to talk to, in confidence, our helpline team are at hand to offer that support.  Calls are free 0808 800 6000 lines open weekdays 9-5 and Saturdays 10-2.

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/worried-about-breast-cancer/referral-breast-clinic-bcc70

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

Hi Krispatto,

The only advice I can give, having just dealt with this, is DO NOT google everything. If you need any info just stay with this website and nowhere else. And to let you know that this is the worst bit - the not knowing. There are so many ways of treating it these days. The words are so much scarier than the diagnosis and treatment itself. I hope that helps a little. Big hugs xxx