1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sentinal Node Biopsy tomorrow

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Sentinal Node Biopsy tomorrow

Glad to hear that. Take care of yourself.

Thankyou Tigony!

Currently in bed on the ward with drain! I haven't got any pain. My surgeon said only one had a micromet so she must have taken more at lumpectomy so fingers crossed the rest are negative!

4 week wait now! At least they are gone!

Sandra x

Thinking of you today. Hope it went really well and you are as comfortable as you can be.

I am sorry to hear this Sandra. Operation over and I am home in bed with a blue nipple to show for it. Wishing you all the best and sending much sympathy. I see the doc next week for results. x

Hi!
I am in a similar position!
I had WLE and SNB and they found a micromet on the node!
I am back in hospital on 3rd May to have axillary dissection!
Not coping at all well! Had it in my head it was just radiotherapy! I don't think I can cope with chemo on my own!
I may be jumping the gun and not need it but my head is all over the place!

Sandra x
Jill1998
Community Champion

It's miserable having to have a second GA but I think you will find this will be a lot quicker than your first op and therefore hopefully you will have less impact from the anaesthetic.Be prepared for more pain afterwards than from breast op though ,most people seem to have more discomfort from SNB than the breast ,I think the nurse said that there were more nerve endings under the arm than breast when I asked about the difference in terms of discomfort .They will give you excercises to do after op and it is important to do them to make sure you get full range of movement back as soon as poss.Hope all goes well.

Sentinal Node Biopsy tomorrow

As they thought it was plain old DCIS, I didn't have the sentinal biopsy at the same time as my WLE, so I have to have it separately tomorrow as there was a microinvasion. I have had to turn down a contract as a result, as I don't know what happens next and find a GA wipes me out for about a month afterwards. Don't get me wrong, I am so grateful for the care I am receiving, but I have got into a sort of can't be bothered state of mind, where I can't even be arsed to look at leaflets or prepare in any way. Is there anything I should do to make this easier on myself? Oh dear, sad and a bit useless today.