1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sept 2016 rads

Janey2

Re: Sept 2016 rads

Kary (finally autocorrect gets it right!), I'm now going to be Doreening with you ... no chemo and rads due to start on 29th too (3 weeks and a booster week), but I've asked to start in 3 October, as a big day for our 2nd one on 30th and I don't want to miss it - Sue how about you? Xx
Sue255

Hi Jane, be glad to get meeting tomorrow over with and finally know a starting date! Well done to everyone who is dealing with rads at the moment and thank you for all the various tips and advice. Sue xx

Natnew81

Helly18 half way now that's great! & your Last session Jackie yey! Sure it will be strange not having to go to hospital every day but also great. My Last full radio tomorrow then start first of my 5 boosts. I also will be done and dusted a week tomorrow 🙂 x
Jacks63

Well done amylou you will be surprised how quick the sessions fly by you willl be on last one before you know it😀I am having my last session tommorrow it has gone so quickly good luck with the rest of your sessions Jackie x

Kary

Well done Amylou
Amylou

That's radio 1 done and dusted! Wasn't too bad at all. Managed to hold my breath perfectly.... Must be due to all the practice I did on the sun lounger whilst on holiday xx
helly18

Welcome natnew, my unit has supplied aquamax cream whuch seems to be doing the job, 11 down 12 to go x

Natnew81

Thanks ladies everyone so lovely and welcoming on here 🙂 I use Aveeno cream once a day and it's very good. Skins in good condition so radiologist told me today, it just feels a little"sunburnt" but manageable. Just few side effects from tamoxifen night sweats which aren't the best and a few muscle aches here and sometimes the odd stabbing pain apparently it can take up to 6 months to a year to heal from surgery so I've been told but I thank god every day that I have been quite lucky through my journey!
Jacks63

Hi marydan I had cetraban cream prescribed from doctors for infection earlier after op was advised to use it as a moisturiser for rads as I knew my skin was used to it hospital did not offer me any creams but it's worth asking Jackie x
Kary

I hope so too ,I want my life back !
Janey2

That's great you've finally got your date Katy. You and me Sue after Weds I hope! Xx
Kary

Nat new 81 sorry not Mathew,bloody predicted txt!
Kary

Welcome Mathew,glad things are going well for you Marydan,i went for my planning appt today,i too was rediculous early!,rads start 29 th,I have organic aloe Vera gel from Holland and Barrett,after reading this on here and having a friend also advise me,i have coconut oil too,which is also organic,but was told that the hospital will provide me with cream also,Glad you still feel good jacks,remember to let us know how it is in a week or two,night ladies x

marydan

Just read your post and have noticed the cream you mention. I have not been putting anything on the boob in question , do you get the cream in Boots. Organised or not I slipped up on the cream issue. Its just me being a worry wart getting there so early. When does the tiredness kick in. xxxx
Jacks63

Welcome natnew81 its true it is so good to hear other people's thoughts and questions and see how different people react to treatment and help and advise each other it's invaluable,you are pretty much like me 2 ops oncotyppe dx but only 15 rads and I am on Anastrozole for 1month (side effects sweats swollen fingers achy joints)but I am managing ok I get lots of advise n tips on here which I'm sure is why I am in good condition after 13/15 rads as I was advised on here to use cetraban before starting rads 2-3 times a day and throughout treatment and drink lots of water is keeping my skin in good condition how are you doing natnew81 any side effects?Jackie xx

Jacks63

Well done marydan the time will fly by and before you know it you will be on your last week!!you seem very organised being there at 8😀better to be early than late,

I had my 13/15 today also had rad review everything doing fine boob red n itchy but so far resisting itching just slap on some more cetraban and it relieves it I can't believe how quick it's gone keep being told soon be back to normal but I can't remember what normal was like.hope you are all doing well Jackie xx

marydan

Hi Natnew81, hope you are coping well with the rads. Take Care. xx
Natnew81

Hi ladies, this is my first post on any link on this forum (trust me forums are a god send so I've read plenty just never posted) after 2 ops (lumpectomy) Onco Dx test & two months in on tamoxifen, I started rads on 1st September and today was my 13th session of 20 so over half way, just thought I could join as I find people's thoughts and questions quite interesting and forum does a good job letting others know there not alone!
marydan

Hello to all my friends, thanks for all your kind wishes. Well started rads today. Appointment was ten but I was in car park for eight. Crazy I know but I got sorted and headed. Car parking is a nightmare at the Beatson, so was parked, gathered my thoughts and went in about nine twenty. Well met some really nice people and got the rads which were not too bad. Hope to sleep tonight and be ready for the morning once again. Groundhog day. I have just convinced myself I have a new job at the Beatson and that is the way I can handle it. I had to go to the dentist today and spoke to my bc nurse before hand as I thought I may end up  needing antibiotics which I did. the bc nurse said it was fine for antibiotics, radiotherapy and tamoxifen but I will double check in morning with radiographers so will hang off taking one until then. I hope you are doing well on rads and for those waiting I hope the time flies by and you can get started. xxxx

lorac170

Best wishes for tomorrow Marydan, Good luck xxx Carol

Jacks63

Good luck everyone starting rads it's really easy try not to worry too much the end is in sight big hug to all Jackie xx
Kary

My surgery was 5 august start rads 29 th sept,seen oncologist last week cat scanner broke so have my planning tomorrow,had pooist day ever,mad hormonal wreck,dam you tamoxifen,hope it settles soon,good Marydan and streams with fist rads keep us posted .

Artermax

Good luck MaryDan. I start Wed. Same as you nervous but glad to get things started and move on to next stage. One step nearer to the end and back to normality
marydan

Good luck to u all, I start rads in morning. nervous now but hopefully all will be well once I start. I am driving myself and am leaving early early as someone said there are very little parking spaces. Everyone is working so I will go and hope to be lucky. xxxxxx

wendy woo

Hope all goes well tomorrow.....xx
Pluckyducky393

I had op on 15 June and started rads on 29th Aug. But I did that by choice because we had holidays in between. Good luck everyone starting thus week. I'm looking forward to travelling to hospital tomorrow 😀
Sue255

I had my lumpectomy 10 Aug and still waiting for planning meeting due on wed next week. Not sure on the time frames either. Just seems like an awful long time even if it isn't. 

Wendywoo, hope you get the answer. Sorry I'm not much help. Sue 

marydan

I start radiotherapy on Monday 19th Sept and my lumpectomy was 15th August. Not sure about time frames etc as its all been like a whirlwind but I am sure another lovely lady will be able to help with your query. Enjoy your hols when you go, you deserve it.xx
marydan

Thanks you RosieFlower. Does the worry about Cancer being part of us always ever leave our minds. I know its early days and the prognosis for me is very favourable but is it always in our minds. xxxxx

wendy woo

Hi all - new to this! Had lumpectomy on 1.8.16 then saw oncologist 15.9.16 - everything looking good and due to start Radiotherapy - this is where I've hit a problem....I have a holiday booked for 19th October so if I start radio on the 31st October this pushes me outside the recommended ?12 weeks for starting treatment. I'm not sure if to ask for the treatment to begin before I go on the 19th or wait until the 31st. How long has everyone waited for start of radiotherapy? 

RosieFlower

Marydan, its a mindfield out there, and we have lots to think about, and these thoughts come randomly into our minds - so always good to thrash out on the forum as the support and reassurance is so great - never ever think you are making a nuisance of yourself - be reassured you are not on your own!
big hugs
xx
marydan

Thanks you so much RosieFlower, thanks you so so much as my bc nurse said much the same today and it really has eased my mind with the whole eating area. Gosh we have a lot to deal with and I know I am fortunate compared to others and feel I am making such a nuisance of myself for which I am very sorry. Love to all and hope weekend goes well. xxxxx

LMB212

Totally agree Helly. Xxx

RosieFlower

Hi Marydan.

Have just popped over from chemo thread as just had chemo 5 yesterday - T part and already trying to prepare myself for radio which is at end of October.

Am on the Moving On course run by breast cancer care, and the first talk was about diet - and their advice was that you would have to eat tons of soya, etc for it to be a concern re oestrogen stimulation and blocking Hormonal benefits.

Their advice was eat everything in moderation, and try to get a bit of normality back in your life.

Hope that helps

Rosie

x

Sue255

Hi there, that's actually a good description feeling 'flat'. I can relate to that at times too. Jackie, you can't be on an up all the time and don't feel guilty for it. You're doing well but you also need to rest too when your body tells you. I got told that after lumpectomy op. Just remind me I said that when I have my rads lol. Take care everyone. X

helly18

Jacks, think you are being a bit hard on yourself 🙂 you have had a life changing diagnosis, surgery and now rads there will be times both now and in the future that you will feel like this. although the treatment end maybe in sight the mind seems to take a bit longer. I thought when i finished chemo i would be delighted and although i was i was also felt quite "flat" if you know what i mean xxx
HeatherC

I've just been reading more about flax seed and ER+ breast cancer, it now seems that it is ok for us and that it can infact help in prevention. It's all very confusing, so back on the flax seeds I think! xx

HeatherC

Sorry you are not so good Jacks, I think there are good days and bad days, same with sleep, just rest when you need to.xx
HeatherC

Thanks very much ladies, will keep in touch Jacks.  Marydan, I know what you mean about the food thing.  I am trying to avoid the oestrogen ones too.  I thought having flax seeds on my breakfast was good, now I find out that they promote oestrogen too, so no flax and no soy!  If anyone finds anymore please let us know.  Hmm maybe this should be on a different thread?  Don't be nervous about starting rads ladies it's easy peasy! xx

Jacks63

Morning ladies hope you are all well😀I've not been on for couple days been feeling rather off can't seem to be bothered with anything not sleeping too good my mind working overtime didn't expect this as on 11/15 rads thought I would just be relieved to get them over with !!!anyone else feel like this??

pluckyducky ,heatherC very well done it's true you soon change from newbie to veteran😀can't believe how quick its gone after all the long wait hope you continue to improve and best of luck keep in touch Jackie xx

Sue255

Well done heather and pluckyducky. Must be good to get to the end of rads. Marydan I'll be nervous too when I eventually start. Prob October at this rate!!  I feel like I've been waiting forever. Nighty night everyone. Sleep well x

marydan

Sorry I have really confused all with my daft questions. Its just that I know tamoxifen is to block hormones (as my bc was hormone receptive),but I have heard to avoid any food with hormones in them, like soy etc, think I am overthinking and listening too much to anything I hear. Oh well I am sure I will have another crazy question tomorrow. In fact another one I heard if tamoxifen is not causing side effects then they are not doing there job??? See told you all another question SORRY.  GOODNIGHT AND GOD BLESS TO U ALL. XXXX

Pluckyducky393

About the food thing!!! Not authentic food thing lol stupid autocorrect
Pluckyducky393

You'll find you go from the nervous newbie to the veteran very quickly. My first few days I was nervous then it's fine and becomes routine, then new people start and you're no longer the newbie and then you're done 😀 I was nervous at first but the nerves go quickly. Not sure authentic food thing. I'm eating everything in sight at the moment. Back to diet and exercise next week.
Kary

Great Heather and pluckyduck,il be nervous too about my first one Marydan  too,please report back to us,im not sure what you mean about the food thing,i just need my jaws wired ATM,good luck for tomorrow x

marydan

Really happy for you Pluckyducky. I start on Monday and am getting a tad nervous now. I am now so worried about what food not to eat as it could have oestrogen and thats what the tamoxifen is trying to block. Agh all muddled AGAIN . sorry do not want to take away from your brill news of being FINISHED. XXXXX hugs to you

Pluckyducky393

Hope you're all well. I'm having my last treatment tomorrow. I'm so happy to be finished. It's gone so fast and without a problem. Wish the same for the rest of you 🙂
HeatherC

Hope you get your dates through soon those of you ladies that are still waiting. Well done Jacks and Pluckducky, not long now! I finished my 15 today, they warned me about the sore skin and tiredness getting worse for another 2 weeks thing, but not having to go to the hospital every day will be so much easier. Still waiting for ultrasound app for the fatty lump though! Won't be really happy until that's sorted out. Cooler weather coming!! xx
Janey2

Hi Kary, still hoping to join you. My scan booked for next Weds now, as we are all hoping straight to rads and to avoid chemo. That's so exciting about a first grandchild and something positive in all this nonsense xx
Kary

Listen to your body jacks its working so hard without you even knowing it.Well ladies the hospital rang me tonight,my scan/planning appointment is now 19 th on Monday,the same day as my first grandchild is due! I'm hoping it's here before then.Then my rads start on 29 th so il be going over into October rads with a few of you ladies on here,i expressed concern about swollen boob,but they said still to go,so we shall see,hope you are all well and coping,i feel like I just want my life back now,so I suppose this is another hurdle towards that,love to all x