cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

September Sizzlers

Jill1998
Community Champion

Re: September Sizzlers

It must feel good to only have one left,I think most people have ended up on sick leave,I'm signed off til 2 weeks after I finish ,but when the Onc told me that is when side effects peak Im having having to rethink a little as that is really not the best time to go back to work after. 3 months.I do really want to get back to the real world , but I'm a bit worried hope I will cope physically and mentally if I feel anything like I do at the moment.
nappinggirl

24 down, 1 to go.

A few of us finished next week then!  We've almost made it.  I've been signed off a week to recover but I understand the side effects peak around 2 weeks after last treatment.  Has anyone else been signed off?

Jobey68

Yes! Don't forget your marker pen 😜

Jill1998
Community Champion

And get people to sign it on the last day????
Jobey68

Frame it!? 

Jill1998
Community Champion

Suggestion please on a postcard as to what I do with my radiotherapy bra??
Aura

Hi yes we will finish Thursday 😀and Jill your Friday . Big count down next week . C u Monday Jill x
Blondie223

Hope mine cools down too Jill, and Julie - if you're Mon to Thur next week we'll be celebrating finishing on the same day, and Jill the day after I think xx

Jill1998
Community Champion

Hope mine cools down a bit over the weekend, see you for a brew Monday Julie, I think we are there at the same time.
Aura

Was Running late tonight machine down . Only 4 left to go now and my boob is Red And HOT !!!! Have a good weekend ladies x
Blondie223

I know Jill, my skin is red/angry with eczema when I need to use it, is fine used sparingly though x

Jill1998
Community Champion

That's a bit ironic giving you a cream for a burnt boob that can burn !!!Ive only put it on thinly.
familytree

Ouch!, sounds painful. I think I've got away Scot free as far as any reactions, burning. Got a few shooting pains but all bearable. Even went swimming today in outdoor pool at my club...10 lengths, felt good but still needed a nap after. I have a wedding to dress tomorrow so loads to do...give me some energy! X
Blondie223

You have to be v sparing with Hydrocortisone creams Jill, otherwise they themselves can burn skin (I use them for eczema occasionally).

Jill1998
Community Champion

I've been given some hydrocortisone cream by Onc to help with itchy rash,so far just seems to have made it burn more, hope I'm not reacting to that too!!!!
Blondie223

11/15 completed today, woke with a very sensitive/sore nipple, turns out it has cracked. Got a selection of "cooling" dressings from radiographer to try over the weekend and see which works best.

Jill1998
Community Champion

Only 2 left NP !!!!!You will feel very strange not going after being there every day for 5 weeks!!!!
nappinggirl

23 down, 2 to go.

Glad everyone is making good use of their time getting ahead with the Christmas shopping!  

Have had lunchtime appointments this week and at least an hour waiting each time.  I've got the Friday feeling today, full of relief that we get two days off and exhausted from another week of treatment.  Not the best combination.  Head down, keep going...

Jill1998
Community Champion

Bought the shopping bags in all 4 colours Jo...Buying your Christmas cards there does seem pretty popular ....
Jill1998
Community Champion

Think that tanning booth may be set too high last time I used it my boob turned bright red!!!!
mf

Don't forget to try out the high-speed tanning booth!
Jobey68

What a great idea! I hear they have a nice little shop in the hospital selling bags..........

Jill1998
Community Champion

Wondering what to do today,.....think I may go for a little drive to Preston...
newey47

thanks Jill, I am very fair skinned and havent been in the sun this year at all so I suppose thats got something to do with it. I would burn out in the sun too.........Val xx

Jill1998
Community Champion

Mine started going pink after 5, but everyone is different and things like skin type play a part too.
newey47

Hi everyone,

Can anytone tell me how soon into Rads that boob/clavicle goes pink/sunburnt looking.  I have only had 3 and it is already rather pink and burnt looking, wasnt expecting it that soon lol x

Jill1998
Community Champion

Just taken dog out did me good ,but now I'm even more knackered, crisps on the sofa,good idea think I will do that!!! I have number 10 and review tomorrow .
Blondie223

Hey Jill, least the dog can listen and not say anything back x

Review with onc and tenth rads over today. Knackered and now on sofa eating crisps and chocolate with a cuppa, because well, I just feel like it. 😌

Jill1998
Community Champion

It's a bit like taking part in a marathon without having done any training !!!Enjoy your wine and chocolate Monica they are both good for you (well that's what I tell myself anyway!!!).
manathu

I also feel & look that I've aged 10 years. I felt very low yesterday but better today.  I think we are all so tired. The 2 hour journey each day is knackering, especially in the rush hour. My poor husband is exhausted. We are both getting on in years. Our bodies have gone through so much. In a few weeks time we will feel much better & more able to cope. Looking forward to a glass of red wine & chocolate when I get home tonight.

Monica x

Jill1998
Community Champion

Give it time Marcella, you are still recovering from treatment mentally and physically.I feel a bit low today as son gone back to school , husband back at work ,just have the dog for company and he's not a great one for conversation !!!!!
mf

Hi manathu - maybe the reviewers are trained to be miserable so we feel we're actually not doing too badly! Jill: I was told the same re fatigue - just drink more water. I'm feeling quite sad today - I coped ok with surgery and treatment but now I think I'm going through some sort of grieving period for my old, lively, capable self. Don't know if I will ever be the same again. Feel like I've aged 20 years.
Jill1998
Community Champion

Each day one less though,I'm glad mine are early mornings so I'm not hanging around but I feel exhausted after each session and rest of the day is a right off.They have told me I need to drink more fluids to help with fatigue.
manathu

Mf This made me laugh out loud.  I had been worried abut my half way assessment but I must have had the same woman as yourself.  She looked worse than all of us & was so miserable. I got no information about my treatment except that it was going as expected. I asked about the shooting pains & she said they would continue after the treatment had finished & the redness would also get worse. I wish I had never seen her.Anyway today will be my 13th treatment. Seeing the doctor tomorrow after my 14th for final assessment & then last rads on Monday. Can't wait.

newey47

ha ha I feel like everyone else already lol, and I have only done 2.  The drive to the hospital 25 miles away is SO monotonous, groundhog day is right and I have 13 more to do.  Still get 3 day break at weekend cos have a wedding in Bristol to attend, Yay. will make the next week only four days too, but of course also means it extends it at the end lol.  But it does muck up the whole day.  Chose mid morning for times, because of traffic into Ipswich, but beginning to think another time would be better.  Hey Ho - another hour and Im off again.....good luck to everyone else.xxxx

Jill1998
Community Champion

Sat there now, so don't want to be here today!!!!Son's parents evening tonight so have to stay awake past 7pm.
Aura

Roll on next week . I know what you mean about feeling shattered Jill that drive to Preston every day . Told my hubby I don't care if I never go to preston again after this is over , my mum got her Christmas cards yesterday plus I ended up getting some but knowing me will put them in a safe place and forget where I put them . Have a good day ladies x
Jill1998
Community Champion

3 left ,that's great by Monday you will be done, that's 4 of us finishing next week ,I will ring a very loud bell for all of us when I finish next Friday.
nappinggirl

22 down, 3 to go.

I think we sometimes have to just dig very deep and keep going!  Bit like being on a hamster wheel at the moment.

Great to hear from 'the other side' Maria_B, it will be a strange feeling to finish I think, desperate for some normality though!  I now have a very unattractive bright pink rectangle on my left side Smiley Frustrated

Good luck today everyone xx

Jill1998
Community Champion

I will give Bradley a good talking to Sharon ,these fellas are all getting a bit lax,think we may need some new recruits either that or Marcella's machine!!!!! I am feeling totally exhausted not sure how I am going to drag myself to the hospital today.
Sharnie

Well done Tweasel, I didn't feel as I thought I would when I finished. I think everyone expects you to be immediately better and happy you have finished. I think the reality of what you have been through takes a while to hit home. I'm now starting to feel better and back to my old self. Sending positive thoughts to you all xxx I'm still waiting for Bradley to turn up Jill! 

Jill1998
Community Champion

I'm still disappointed with my tattoos ,sure one of them has washed off and struggle to find the one in my cleavage!!!
mf

Welcome, C!
Cesrabbit

Hi. Off for 'tatts' and cat scan on Monday at Cov and Warks so looks like I'll be joining you this month! Cx
mf

Congrats, Tweasel!
Aura

Well done at finishing tweasle . Mixed emotions but that part is over with now just rest and recover Julie x
familytree

Great tweasle and I felt the same when it was over...Just a strange feeling and a sense I should be 100% back to normal but I'm not. Getting more energy now though not a lot! Plan to swim soon. X
Blondie223

Well done Tweasel xxx 🔔🔔🔔

Jill1998
Community Champion

Well done Tweasel!!!!!I think it may well be an anticlimax when I finish too,trying to think of a way to mark it that doesn't need too much energy!!!Maria good to know you are improving rather than the other way round ,gives me hope!!!!
mf

Good to know you're doing well, Maria. x