Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

September Sizzlers

Re: September Sizzlers

nice one all coming to the end together x
christine x
Community Champion

Last one tomorrow at 9.15 Christine.Julie has last one at 5 today.

you will be ok jill is it also your last rads today ? hold I back till you get in your car if you can its a strange feeling but we are all here waiting for you .. I think maybe julies last day today too isnt it ? good luck hope you dont have to wait to lo g for oncologist..x

chrisrine
Community Champion

I know I think I will be bit of a soggy mess myself and I have to sit and wait to see the Onc after my appointment too,hope I can hold it together!!

Good luck blondie ringing that bell nobody jas a clue how it feels to do your last rads who hasnt been I that situation well done and I bet your glad your on tje finishing line ..but yes still an emotional day for you enjoy a nice drink tonight to celebrate x
christine x

Determined to ring that bell Jill, although I got tearful just reading your post about it, so gawd knows what I'll be like when I actually do it in an hour or so! 😳

Community Champion

No chance of torching the bubbly!!!!Ding dong bring on the last one and ring that bell Blondie!!!

I actually woke up looking forward to rads today, because it's the last one 😀

Don't torch the bubbly, Jill - it's a waste 😱😆

Community Champion

My rads bra is getting torched tomorrow at 7 along with a glass of bubbly!!!
Community Champion

Thanks NP,I think I need the lot as I have all those things in various places at the moment.Last week the doctor said she would give me some dressings tomorrow so that may help,I presume most of these things are prescription only.

Only one left Jill! Will raise a glass to you tomorrow 😃 I wasn't advised anything but was given a phone number to call if I had any problems. I haven't really blistered, nipple is sore at the moment and seems to be shedding and am a bit uncomfortable where my bra rubs under boob. I try and go bra less when I can. Am hoping it will be better soon as I'm now three weeks post rads. Keep moisturising as much as possible. 

tweeks, I think the lumps and bumps are normal, for me anyway, they said it was scar tissue and they would relax as it all heals and it has gone a bit more of a dome shape since my ops in April and May.  During the Rads it went more solid again but I'm assuming it will get a bit more squidgy over time.  Still lopsided, but that's a given I think!

One more Jill...so close!

In the leaflet they gave me it recommended the following:

Cavilon - to protect fragile but unbroken skin.

Polymem non adhesive dressing (used alone) or Allevyn Lite used with Intrasite gel - for areas of broken skin.

Hydrosorb hydrogel dressing - for painful nipples.

Hydrocortisone 1% m/m cream or ointment - applied sparingly to itchy, spotty areas.

Don't know if that is any help?!

Community Champion

Just one left now,breast most definitely resembles a gammon joint with chicken pox,think I may have to go braless at home for a while!!What have people been advised to put on blistered skin or should you not put anything on it?

Oh yes I had my 2nd op in April.  I have the same thing. Mentioed to my oncolodgist at my final review last Friday. He felt it & said it was perfectly normal.

Morning Ladies ..
I Had my opp in april and still feels lumpy round the scar area wonder if that ever gets back to normal if I lift my arm up and feel I feel like a small ball im getting obsessed now..sure it shouldnt take so long to heel its been nearly 7 months now
is any one else still lumpy so long afyer opp ??
christine x

Hi Jennifer, I have gone back to work but am feeling very tired. As its our own business I had to go back as soon as I could, but I would advise you to go back when you feel ready and not before. It's not just the physical side of this we need to get over, I still don't feel emotionally stable - think it will take a long time. I saw my onc the Friday before I finished rads on the Wednesday and I have to see him again in three months. My breast care nurse did phone me and see how I was doing but I have left it that I will ring her if I have any worries. But as you say feel a bit in limbo - guess we just try and get our lives back and ask for help if we need it. All the best, Sharon xxx

Hi Sharnie & others..........nice to read your posts again.  I went off line for a couple of weeks to see if I could stop thinking about breast cancer if I didn't write about it or talk about it.  It didn't work.  I finished my rads on the 29th August, so it's nearly two weeks since my last one.  I have developed a small but very annoying rash on the breast and I am experiencing random moments of exhaustion, coupled with aching joints due to the letrozole but otherwise ok.  Sounds very similar to what you have all been talking about.  My treatment review with the oncologist isn't for another couple of weeks and I feel very much in limbo at the moment.  Thinking of going back to work but feel as though I should wIt until I've seen her.  Does anyone know what happens next? 

Jennifer

So pleased for you mf - I'm worried about starting Letrozole as I had bladder problems with Tamoxifen. I'm going to start taking it next week as want to enjoy myself this weekend - don't need bladder issues when I'm camping! You are all nearing your finishing posts now - you will feel better soon, I'm getting there now. Just give yourselves time to recover after your treatment has finished. It is strange as everyone assumes you are back to normal because you have finished but I think it will take a long time before I stop thinking about everything- I don't think we realise what we have been through until after its finished! Am really tired today but have done a 12 hour day at work today. Thankfully have a day off tomorrow but back to the hospital for my bone scan, can't wait 😉 xx

mf

Hi Reikiran. My skin is light brown and sensitive. It turned darker brown in the radiotherapy area and a bit red near the collarbone. I got some small brown blisters under the breast a couple of weeks after treatment ended but was otherwise ok. I used aloe Vera and body lotion. I've still got lumps and bumps from the ops too; I think it takes a while for the scar tissue to settle. Good luck.
Community Champion

Hi R, the radiologist told me that everyone is different in how their skin responds but that people with darker complexions generally fared better, I'm not sure how different it may be for Asian skin.Try not to worry too much , it's not pleasant at times but it's small fry really given what we are getting rid off. If you post a question about the impact of radiotherapy on your skin type you may get some answers from other women of a similar background who can give you a better idea.
Community Champion

Yes, NP ,I am already realising people think you are all done and dusted and it is far from that emotionally isn't it?I was talking to another lady in the hospital earlier in the week and she said what are we supposed when treatment has finished just go away and try to not get it again,thought that summed it up really!!

Hi all

Im awaiting my appointment to start Radio therapy, (hopefully at Addenbrooks in Cambridge- but there is a long waiting list), whilst my boob is calming down although there are several hard lumps and bumps near the scar area and under the arm. Im feeeling very worried about all the skin side effects as the surgion said that as i have brown skin I will have more issues with 'skin trauma', does anybody here have asian skin as i would be intersted in knowing the difference with the side effects. ive been using Bio oil on the scar which is really helping with softening the skin and disolving the stitches. 

dn't do that with me Jill? x

Great news mf. Phew.

I didn't have an x-ray on my last day so you might get away with that one Jill.  Apparently they are just to align with the CT scan to make sure they are zapping the right place.

Two more over the line tomorrow, such a relief.  Have something planned as it can be a bit of a no man's land emotionally.  I have found the last couple of days really weird.  My friends think that I am now "better" and can't quite take it in that it will be a long time before I get to that point.

Had my appointment through today for the Oncologist review, which is in 4 weeks.

I'm not sure Jill, may have to go and Google....

Community Champion

That's great Marcella you must be very relieved !!Blondie can they really tell if you've been sufficiently cooked!!!Scary thought!!
mf

Thanks, Blondie. Mightily relieved.

Great news mf, so pleased for you x

I'm assuming that from the X-rays they must be able to tell what areas have been zapped, from tissue damage? Perhaps the end images are to make sure that everywhere has been sufficiently cooked?

mf

Good news - had external and internal pelvic ultrasound. All fine - so nice of them to tell me there and then. Phew. See onc on 21st and no doubt I'll go back on the dreaded meds.

Community Champion

My Onc just said that she would have a look at my skin again and give me some dressings and any other treatment I may need for my poor blistered ,rash covered boob!!! I will be prepared for more x rays then tomorrow,wonder why they do them at the end?

Be very odd indeed not to have to go to hospital every day! At my review last week my Onc told me there was no need to wait around and see him tomorrow, although they took more images today, so I'm wondering if I'll be told to wait anyway. I don't have an appointment to see him though, so hopefully not.

Community Champion

9.15 Friday, then review with Onc. Will be very weird to finish after it dominating your life for so long won't it?

Appointment is 11.30am, but they do usually run late.

What time's your last one on Friday Jill?

Community Champion

What time are you there ,I will give a little cheer for you !!!

Yay, last one tomorrow, psyching myself up for ringing that bell now 😀

Really starting to feeling the tiredness, and same as nappinggirl I had more soreness under my arm now, from skin on skin friction apparently. Been advised to raise my arm when sitting/lying.

Community Champion

They have some nice knitted animals in the shop today Julie make sure you stock up they are selling fast.

That made me laugh x
Community Champion

Well I was going to torch it!!!Should give the neighbours something to think about!!!Although it would be a way of identifying myself when we all meet,I'm the one wearing the chopped up bra ,covered in marker pen!!!

Thanks Jill , just on my way now and then last one tomorriw at 5 pm . Just took me ages to log in had to request s new password keeps happening every few weeks , drives me mad !!!! . What u going to do with your bra . It could be our mascot for when we all meet up xx
Community Champion

Only 2 more times.Blondie and Aura you must be really seeing the finishing line now ??
mf

Thanks, all - hoping it's only the external scan, not the internal! Good luck today. Thanks for tales of a brighter future - it helps.
Community Champion

Yes ,I can see the light just!!Cant they just blast me 3 times today instead of having to go again tomorrow and Friday!!!

Good luck today mf, will be thinking of you.

When I finished on Monday, they recommended Cavilon for healing the skin.  I couldn't find any in Boots today but I have a telephone appointment with the GP today so going to ask for some on prescription.  My skin has really flared up now especially where it rubs, under my arm and under my boob.  My nipple has also gone dark brown and crispy, feels like old boot leather.

Good luck today everyone.  Jill, you've almost reached the light at the end of the sewer!  xxx

morning mf
im sure you will be fine I had blood in my urine and bladder infections due to the Letrozole ive also stopped taking them and im fine now fell 100% in every way and not running to to loo all day good luck x
christine x
Community Champion

I'm sure it will be fine Marcella,it's a bit of coincidence that it stopped as soon as you stopped taking the tablets otherwise isn't it?Not surprised you are anxious though, we have all had enough anxiety and stress this year haven't we .
mf

Morning, all. Slightly anxious today - pelvic scan to check for bladder cancer due to blood in urine, which I think/hope was due to Letrozole as it's stopped now I'm off the meds.
Community Champion

Thanks Cassie that's a really good idea,I will get some as blistering under my boob quite badly now.Sharon you are giving me hope that life may return to some kind of normality in the next few weeks although it doesn't really feel possible right now.