cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

September Sizzlers

Jill1998
Community Champion

Re: September Sizzlers

Phew,better get the BBQ fired up then!!!!
familytree

Yes! Well done Jill, enjoy the bubbly! Ps radiation only last a minute in room so your bra should be safe to burn!, lol x
Blondie223

Congratulations Jill, woo hoo! 🍻🎉🍸🎊🍷🎂

Enjoy the bra burning! x

Blondie223

@nappinggirl wrote:

Thanks Blondie.  I've been doing a bit of research this morning and apparently (according to the Royal United Hospital in Bath's website!!), it could be a damaged brachial nerve which goes down your arm, one of the common side effects of radiotherapy.  I was so worried about it this morning I phoned the Rad Dept and spoke to a Radiographer who just fobbed me off and said get in touch with your GP although she did ask me if my arm was swollen which is another sign of lympodema.  It seems very strange that it is only in my left arm (it's not swollen though).  Maybe we should wait and see if it goes away, I don't know if I can face seeing another doctor at the moment either!

Ah, right - if it is a damaged nerve I'm happier with that than it potentially being onset of lymphedema. As I've said before on this "journey", it's surprising how our priorities/expectations change! I don't think I'll set myself up for more appointments unless it gets worse or swollen. Thanks x

Aura

Well done Jill all over . Will be thinking of you tonight burning the bra . Take care Julie x
mf

Congratulations, Jill! 🔔🎂🍸
Jill1998
Community Champion

Off for lunch with a friend then have torching bra ceremony with expensive bottle of fizz this evening,hope it burns.Friend just asked is that dangerous surely it's radioactive??Eek hadn't thought of that ,can't be as radioactive as me!!!
nappinggirl

Well done Jill!  Thought you were never going to sign in and say you were done!!

It does feel very flat when it's done but "it's normal"!  Have you got something planned for this afternoon?  Feel like a firework display or a fly past is the least that's required! xxx

Jill1998
Community Champion

Well I'm done!!!Edge taken off finishing slightly by the fact that they forgot I was waiting to see the doc and left me waiting with an hour and a half!!Have 2,different types of cream and dressings to go under my boob so hopefully I will get on top of the pix and the plague!!!Feel a bit flat now,want there supposed to be fireworks or something ???
tweeks123

Hi nappinggirl
my arm has never been right since opp rads..its not swollen but im limited with movement if it try to stretch it hurts under arm..plus ive got a frozen shoulder due to holding my a stiff with lynthnoids out a d cording...feels like it will never be rigjt again..ive still got fluid on my opp boob and juat got an appointment for lynthademia clinic in a few weeks x
christine x
nappinggirl

Thanks Blondie.  I've been doing a bit of research this morning and apparently (according to the Royal United Hospital in Bath's website!!), it could be a damaged brachial nerve which goes down your arm, one of the common side effects of radiotherapy.  I was so worried about it this morning I phoned the Rad Dept and spoke to a Radiographer who just fobbed me off and said get in touch with your GP although she did ask me if my arm was swollen which is another sign of lympodema.  It seems very strange that it is only in my left arm (it's not swollen though).  Maybe we should wait and see if it goes away, I don't know if I can face seeing another doctor at the moment either!

Blondie223

@nappinggirl wrote:

Has anyone had pins and needles in their arm?  I keep getting it and I only have it in my left arm (Rad side) and it keeps me awake at night.  Not sure if it's a side effect or just me!

Good luck today Jill, will be thinking of you x

Hi, yes - I've had pins and needles in my rads arm on and off for the last week or so, goes down the outside of my arm and right down into my little finger and the two next to it. It's just come on again now so perhaps it's psychological? Hmm, then I read the leaflets about lymphodema and they say report any changes in the arm as they could be a warning sign of  it developing. While I was typing that it's gone again though, so I'm not sure it's worth contacting my BCN about? Or maybe I've just had enough appointments for now! ☺️

Blondie223

@missmore wrote:
Blondie well done you made it! Quite an achievement it's a hard time to get through xxx
sheena

Thanks Sheena, how are you doing? xxx

Aura

No thanks Jill iv left it all for u xx
Jill1998
Community Champion

Julie do you want me to get you anything while Im here ,last chance!!!
Aura

Thankyou Nappingirl . Good luck today last chances Jill stock up on them soveriers x
nappinggirl

Has anyone had pins and needles in their arm?  I keep getting it and I only have it in my left arm (Rad side) and it keeps me awake at night.  Not sure if it's a side effect or just me!

Good luck today Jill, will be thinking of you x

nappinggirl

Congratulations Julie.  Take it easy and don't expect too much of yourself!  xx

mf

Thanks, Jennifed. Good luck with your last sizzle today, Jill, and anyone else finishing. May the happy bell be with you.
missmore

Blondie well done you made it! Quite an achievement it's a hard time to get through xxx
sheena
Jennifed

I've had soreness in my glands.  Radiologist said that it was fairly common. 

Jennifed

Hi Jill - I was advised to use something called "double base gel" - which you have to ask the pharmacist for.  I thought my breast was going to blister but it didn't - just a rash.  My girl looks rather shrunken and floppy. 

Jennifer

Jennifed

Thanks Sharon.  I have only seen the radiographer - I don't see the oncologist for another 2 weeks - a whole month after finishing rads.  Haven't heard a word from my BC nurse since after my surgery.   Every area seems to do things differently.   As you say we just have to get over it as best we can.  

mf

Thanks, familytree
familytree

I've had a tickly cough but not noticed the glands. If no one else has I would have it checked for peace of mind x

mf

Ladies, are any of you getting swollen glands? The lymph nodes in my neck and groin keep swelling up after I exercise (at a low level, I might add). Not sure if this is a normal part of recovery after rads.
Aura

Thankyou all of you ️xxx
mf

Congratulations, Julie!
Blondie223

Thanks everyone, heading off to celebrate in an hour or so, don't seem to be feeling the tiredness today so far, which is weird. Probably catch up with me later or tomorrow and I'll feel like a wet dishcloth again 😁

Well done Julie, enjoy your tea out, your turn tomorrow Jill x

familytree

Well done Julie...all over now. Fingers crossed. Just take time to recover. I'm still resting in the main, 3 weeks later x
Aura

Just had last rads . No bell to ring at our hospital think that's a nice touch , walked out of hospital with tears rolling down my face . Can't say how I feel relief , happy it's over or scared as what happens now . Going to have tea out and celebrate . Jill your turn tomorrow 😃. Hope all you ladies have a nice evening Julie xxx
nappinggirl

Well done Blondie, another one over the line!  Celebrate!!! xx

mf

Likewise, Jill!
Jill1998
Community Champion

I will have a look at that Marcella,shame it doesn't seem to have any affect on the hairs on my chin!!!!
mf

Congratulations, Blondie! Have a good celebration if you're not too knackered. Jill: my hair thinned on Letrozole and is still doing so, even though I had to come off it. Hairdresser recommended Aveda Avanti system, which his mum used. He gave me loads of samples and everyone commented on how much thicker my hair looked. Unfortunately it's really really expensive so I'm not using it now.
Aura

Congratulations blondie enjoy your meal I'm on my way now then out for tea after take care xx
familytree

Yes I'm d me thanks though you do get a sense of being left out to graze..Lol I suppose it means we're well enough not to need anything else. Just got to get rid of the demons that creep in with every ache & pain! Saying that I also think we would be foolish to take our eye off the ball and become complacent too! Got to find a happy medium I guess x
Blondie223

Ahh, thanks Lorna, hope you're doing well? xxx

familytree

Well done Blondie! Brought a tear to my eye. So poignant. Enjoy your meal x x x
Blondie223

What a clumsy thing to say! I've had some whoppers said to me over the last few months, but you'd think someone who worked in oncology would have more thought!

manathu

So pleased for you.  On my last treatment the radiologist gave me a leaflet & said" Well your'e on your own now" What a contrast.

Blondie223

Thanks Jill, bet you can't wait 'til tomorrow x

I was just having a browse around, seems that the bell at my hospital has only been there for a few months, and that a charity aims for every cancer hospital to have one soon. There's a pic of the bell and poem too:

http://www.clatterbridgecc.nhs.uk/news/11-year-old-cancer-patient-willow-ward-rings-arrival-new-end-...

Jill1998
Community Champion

Ding dong the bleep is gone !!!!Enjoy your meal and celebratory drinks!!
Blondie223

Yay, am back, last one done. Rang the bell and had cheers and clapping, had all intentions of saying best wishes/good luck to everyone, but in reality I teared up and couldn't speak, so just waved (look at me being all regal!) and left.

Celebratory meal then pub with OH later. Be thinking of you at 5pm Julie, and you Jill tomorrow morning xxx

tweeks123

Lorna still a bit stiff on the joints when I get out of bed but is getting better weekly.. hard to tell with the sore foot lol ..I was telling my doctor about why I stopped the tablets and I said was nothing wrong with my bones and joints before they found the lump..so it is deffo down to the tablets x
christine x
tweeks123

Hi Lorna im feeling brill now back to normal apart from my sore foot and frozen shoulder.. feel great with no tablets at all ..
Jill yes letrozole do thin your hair mine was dropping out like mad its feeling a lot better now ive stopped taking them ..but every one is different though.. and yes its nice to be getting to that light at thee end of the tunnel Xx
christine x
Jill1998
Community Champion

Does Letrozole affect your hair ,I am noticing that my hair is thinning quite a lot on Tamoxifen, probably be bald by the time Ive taken it for 10 years.
familytree

Lol no nipple still in tact..God if that fell off I would have been really sick! How you feeling lately Christine are you getting there? I still struggle in the morning, kind of loosen up as the day goes on. This thing has left me feeling 100 years old! X
tweeks123

laughing here Lorna yes I know what you mean about self examaning your boobs makes me cringe too...yuk ! ps hope your nipple didnt end up falling off x
christine x
familytree

Christine I've always had lumpy boobs anyway so can't tell..I hate self examining it makes me feel sick but going to have to try. Jill how exciting it's over for you too today...it's weird but good. X