Seriously needing help right now

been diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer. starting chemo nest Monday but that is to prolong my life for a while. Am totally devestated. Reaching out for help. so scared

should have said this is my third diagnosis and the prgonosis is pretty awful

Sorry to read you are going through this nitemare for a 3rd time, life can be very cruel. I would try and take strength from the fact you still have options and treatment has been offered to you. I read so many threads where ladies are 5, 10 20 years after diagnosis and at times when all seemed lost they write with their own miracles stories. You probably feel its easier to offload your fears on this site, maybe rather than opening up to friends/family. There will be many ladies who will be able to give good advice or just a hug. One thing I have learnt since my diagnosis is that it can be a very lonely frightening journey, and when you feel full of dread someone comes along and gives you hope.
Your heart must feel very heavy with sadness/fear , I hope that your treatment gives you a fighting chance, your onc obviously feels it is worth it. They don’t mess about these days, if they offer treatment then it means they have enough experience of where it has shown good results.
I hope you get the support you need
Take care
Maggie x

Hi Kay

Sorry to hear of your latest diagnosis. If you would like someone to talk to in confidence then please do give the helpline here a ring, they’re here to support you. Calls are free, 0808 800 6000 lines open at 9am today until 5pm.

Take care,

Jo, Facilitator

Sorry to hear you’ve joined the secondaries club, Kay. It really is a scary place to be, especially at first. For all of us with secondaries, treatment is no longer with curative intent and can only try to prolong life, slow the cancer’s progress and ease the symptoms, so that we can live with the best possible quality of life for as long as possible. For some people, this treatment can prolong life by a number of years. I’m not triple neg myself, but you may find the following helpful in reaching out to others who know what it feels like to face secondaries with triple neg:

http://community.breastcancer.org/forum/8/topic/799766

In terms of the treatment next week, if you tell us which chemo you’re starting, perhaps we can help you with what to expect, or maybe there is already a thread on that particular chemo. Similarly, if you let us know where your secondaries are, perhaps others can help you with that, too.

Keep posting and asking the questions you need to.

hi…only a primary person but just want to offer a massive hug and a hand to hold…

Hi there, Sorry to hear about your latest diagnosis. I hope the treatment you have helps and we are all here for you. Thinking of you, take care.

Sarah x

Hi Kay. I’m sorry I don’t know what to say. But there is always hope. So you have to hope and try and stay strong - which I know is hard. Sending you a hug.