71709members
376138posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Severe pain in arm, tingling and numbness in fingers, on Arimidex.

5 REPLIES 5
PATNIX

Re: Severe pain in arm, tingling and numbness in fingers, on Arimidex.

Hello! I have been on Anastozole for 12 months now and I have tingling and pain in both arms but worse in the right one. The doctor seemed to dismiss this as the price one pays for taking the drug. There must be something to alleviate it but what? Any ideas?

Pat
Karis

Hi. I don't think I would like to wait so long to see if it settles down, and in your situation I think I would be off to the GP and get a check up pronto. At our practice, you can get fobbed off with either very junior Drs or practice nurses - so I mean a more senior person who can give you a proper check-up of this bad arm. I definitely wouldn't just stop the Arimidex, but this needs a medical check up to see what is causing it. K x

dib

Hi Sharon,I had similar whilst on anastrazole but not as severe as yours,I had a 6 week break and things improved slightly but still have some pain due to arthritis,I'm now about to start letrazole as an alternative so hoping that will suit me better.I don't want to go back on tamoxifen as I have lost a stone and a half since coming off it.Hope you find some alternative soon,
Di.x

Zeppa

Hi Sharon,

Sorry to hear about your problems. I can't really comment properly as my situation is different. I had Tam, Arimidex, Tam and now Exemestane. On Arimidex I didn't get these bone pain problems but trigger finger (swollen tendons leading to hand pain). On Exemestane I do get tingling in the hands, but it comes and goes and I can live with it. Your situation does not sound to me like waiting for six months would be acceptable. I know some people do have bone pains for longer than six months and it goes away after a year or two, but we all experience pain differently and I can't imagine doing it. In my case, the hot flushes subsided after six months and the other problems (trigger finger and tingling) came later.
It sounds to me as if you should try Exemestane (Anastrozole?) and if that doesn't help go back to Tamoxifen! just my opinion of what I'd do. Tam is not bad either.

toriaconey

bump
sharon69gog

Severe pain in arm, tingling and numbness in fingers, on Arimidex.

Hi, does anyone suffer from this.
I was on tamoxifen for 12 months, then following a full hysterectomy i changed to arimidex, i have been on it 6 months now, and omg do I know about it. I ache from head to toe, but my biggest problem, is my hands, i am really struggling writing this holding my ipad, if i have my arm bent within a couple of minutes my fingers wre dead, as i tend to sleep with my arms bent up towards my chest, i wake up in agony during the night, the pain is excruciating, then the day after my hands are so weak, and my fingers feel like big fat sausages. It is totally disabling me, My onc said i should give it a bit longer, as side effects seem to lessen after 6 months. But i dont know what to do, as this is getting much worse. At the minute i just feel like stopping it altogether, even though i know, thats not very wise..
please any advice would be appreciated.
sharon x