Sex drive on tamoxifen

Hey ladies

Sorry but quite a sensitive subject… the side effects with tamoxifen listed loss of libido as one of them, but i’ve gone the other way. I’ve only been on it for about 6 weeks but my sex drive has rocketed!!! Typical, just when I feel the most unattractive in my life and i’m single!!

Please let me know if this has happened to any of you or have they just turned me into a nymph??

Many thanks
Foxy

1 Like

I have been suck at the clinic all bl…dy day just logged on and seen your post! All I can say is…
LUCKY GIRL
I never took tamoxifen but after reading your post, think I may change my mind.
Seriously though really hope it doesn’t cause you too many problems and hope you get a partner soon.
Hope I have not offended you.
Love Debsxxx

Hi Debs,

No offence taken…it made me chuckle! I guess I must now get on a mission to find a new man!! But how many men will fancy a woman in a head scarf??? It’s ok if you know the man already but wouldn’t it put off a new one?

I hope it’s not just me but i’m far too shy to ask the oncologist if it was a normal side effect…

Foxy x

What’s sex?.. x

Just to let you know that I have been on tamoxifen for 18 months and have been horny ever since!!

lucky for me I have a hubbie who is well up for it so hope you find likewise soon and don’t worry about the baldy head we had loads of fun when I had one!!

AJxxx

Dead jealous, been on tamoxifen for 3 months and sex is usually the last thing on my mind!

Hope you find a partner soon, xx

Hi Foxy
I’m with you too. For me it happened whilst I was on chemo! have never told anyone as was too embarrassed, especially reading this site which most people chemo seems to be the biggest libido killer. Thought I was a bit abnormal but figured as I’ve had every rare and unheard of side effect going perhaps I shouldn’t complain about this one! Fortunately I’m in a stable relationship and OH thinks his lucks in! So no, you’re not alone and I wouldn’t worry about it just enjoy as the others said.
xx

I was only thinking the other day that this Tamoxifen can’t be working properly as my sex drive has changed.

Whilst on Chemo, I suppose for obvious reasons,…no hair, disfigured breast and generally feeling awful sex was a no no most of the time.

Now I think I’m more like a man, I think about sex every seven seconds…LOL, but seriously my sex drive has come back with a vengance.

Let’s hope it lasts

Thanks Ladies,

My ex boyfriend told me last night that I should wait until my hair grows back before I go looking for a new partner. He said men don’t find the Jade Goody look attractive so I should get myself 100% better and when my hair is long enough to go out without a scarf then it’s the right time! Friends have told me that he doesn’t want me but also doesn’t want anyone else to want me.

I just want to move on as i’m sick of hearing all about his new love life when i’m stuck in this cancer rut…

Or am I being too sensitive?

Foxy

Hi Foxy,

no I don’t think your being too sensitive.

This is a terrible time in our lives and there’s nothing worse than looking in the mirror to see a bald former shell of yourself staring back. I was (am) fed up with thinking everybody else is having a whoopy do time while me lifes going down the shi**er.

My ex came to see me shortly after diagnosis with a face on him liked a kicked puppy then told me all about his new love life, he tried to keep in contact after that (to sooth his own guilt) but I told him to “do one”, finally he got the message. Onwards and upwards I say. Maybe it’s time to do the same.

x

Hi ladies, take no notice of your ex - he’s your ex! He’s gonna say what he said. And I think Jade G looked beautiful. Okay, the bald look may not do it for everyone, but attraction isn’t just about what’s on the outside. I hope you find a new partner soon, you deserve to. And I’m sooooo jealous about these high libidos. Mine went south when I started chemo and is still missing! Maybe it’s my age - 50 next month? Are you ladies younger than me - please don’t say you’re older or I’ll give up now!!!
Power to you, ladies. hugs Pat x

Hi Foxy

I would say that it sounds like your ex doesn’t want you to meet someone and those sort of comments from him just aren’t helpful. Says more about him than men in general! Unless you have to see him, it might be better to avoid someone who is going to have a negative effect on you.

I wonder why you are listening to him talking about his love life? If you do have to see him, I certainly wouldn’t discuss the subject any more with him - not your love life nor his.
elinda x

Thanks ladies, for your words of support.

I’m 41 years old and am now thinking i’ll never meet anyone new… but I guess everyone has someone for them out there!

I agree with you all… for my recovery and for me to move on I really need to tell him to back off now. If he was a nice decent guy he would keep his mouth shut under the circumstances…

With this high libido, I owe it to myself to move on and find a worthy and very energetic guy!! LOL

Men…sometimes they are such idiots and should grow up…

I shall keep you posted on my quest to move on!

I’ve just started with a personal trainer and joined weightwatchers so am determined for him to kick himself one day! LOL

Foxy x

Hi Foxy

Please don’t take any notice of your ex he’s talking out of his a**se. As already said Jade was very beautiful and looked a picture at her wedding and there are plenty of guys who wouldn’t be remotely bothered. You can always use it as a chat up line especially if whoever you fancy is bald too!!

Good luck with the training and weight loss. I am training for possibly doing a CRUK 10k run at the end of September, still haven’t quite decided wether to do it but it’s something to aim for.

AJxxx

Hey I don’t notice any guys thinking they can’t go dating if they’re bald!
Please go out there immediately and prove your ex wrong! Cheeky b***er!

Hi Foxylady,

I met a man whilst just starting tamoxafen, and herceptin…my wig slipped the first night after a snog!Therefore i took my wig off earlier then i should, people didnt recognise me…but 2 years next week we are still together, and my hair shoulder length…

btw i had a bf at the time of diagnosis, things werent great, but he stayed to "support " me…yeah, late for my diagnosis appt and when hair fell out in the shower, he lying on my sofa, “you knew that was going to happen?”…
but why do i like the bad boy when the new man is more than good to me!!

Oooh, yes ive lost my ,libido,ok when im started,but had opphrectomy a year ago…(on femara now)

Jill

Hi Jill,

Can’t men be so insensitive? I bet he would want you running around if it was him that lost his hair etc!

I’m back at work next week so will have to check out if there are any new guys!! I can’t get on with my wig so have some lovely scarves… I pretend i’ve just returned from the French Riviera!!

I’m glad to hear your hair is shoulder length now… did it grow thicker and more curly than before?

Take care and speak soon
Foxy