Shampoo

Hi Everyone

Start my RADS tomorrow aand wondered if it would be okay to wash hair in shower (perfumes and all that). Can anyone help?

Love Kay x

I use normal shampoo and conditioner (currently nutrogena) and have not been told otherwise. If in doubt you could perhaps do the head over the bath hair washing technique.

At my planning session I was told to wash the area being zapped with either simple or johnstons baby soap and not use deo on that side… but I was free to use normal shower gel everywhere else if I wanted … I mentioned to them that I did not have a shower and would there be a problem if I used ‘normal’ shampoo/shower gel etc in the bath, they were fine with it. Having said that I tend to just stick to the simple soap all over cos I think it would be a bit of a faff to do soem bits with one and some bits with the other.

Hi Kay,

Well, I did with no problems.

I had 15 rads to my chest wall (I’d had a mastectomy), washed my body with Simple shower creme but used shampoo on my little bit of hair. I didn’t have any reddening or soreness at all. I made sure I was well rinsed and used plenty of acqueous cream.

Good luck with the rads.

xxx

Hi Kay.i did ask this at my planning session and they said as long as it was rinsed off straight away it would be fine.Was also told to use simple products for washing and you can also use the aqueous cream for washing too.Gill x

Thanks girls it was just something that came into my head today!!!

Best Wishes

Kay xx

I’d avoid the detergent in Johnsons Baby Shampoo, it dries my hair like nothing else I’ve ever used on it and ruins dogs’ coats too…! Simple and Neutrogena are both excellent.

i was advised not to use anything except simple shower gel or johnstones baby bath for the duration of my rads treatment.then again i do have sensitive skin/scalp and am allergic to lots of things like…perfume, scented soap and talc,most shampoos,cats and my husband right now…but i think the latter is more to do with my mood swings and tamoxifen.
maria

I have just been using my normal shampoo and conditoner with no problems. I think as long as its rinsed off properly should be ok

I was advised to use Simple products as well and have had no problems using these. I wonder whether it depends on the type of skin you have as well? I’ve had three separate lots of radiotherapy treatments over the last 13 years and never had any problems except extreme fatigue the last time (2 months ago) but I’d been given a much larger dose this time.

Pinkdove