Shape of lump - scared right now!

Hi!

I am a norwegian woman, so please excuse me for my bad english. I am 36 years old, and I am a nurse, so I examin my breasts every month. This morning I found a lump in my left breast, but it was not round like a ball. It was more like a large almond with the length of 2 - 3 centimeters, but only aproxamently 1 centimer thick. It was quite hard, and I could not move it much. I don´t know all details around breast cancer as I work in the childrens ward. I really hope that someone will give me an answer soon. Should I call my doctor tomorrow, or can I wait some weeks to see if it dissapears?

Hi Balloon,

Welcome to the BCC discussion forums where I am sure you will get lots of good, honest support from the many informed users of this site.  As I am sure they will all tell you, it’s always best to get any changes to the breasts checked out by your doctor.  To help you along I have put for you below the link to one of BCC’s publications you might find helpful.

www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/breast-health/your-breasts-your-health-throughout-your-life-bcc2

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

I would get it checked out straight away. I think that all anomalies should be checked ASAP.

Macgirl59 x

Hello Balloon, first of all please don’ t apologise for your English, it’s much better than my Norwegian. As Macgirl has said please go and see your doctor as soon as you can as any changes in your breasts need checking out. Best wishes Pat x

Hello Balloon welcome.

I would go to see your doctor, most lumps are not cancer but they should all be checked. If you get the tests you will know. If you don’t get the tests you will just worry.

get the tests.

take care

Keeks

Please go and see your doctor. All lumps should be checked out as soon as possible. Most are nothing to worry about but peace of mind and caution are always best xx
good luck and let us know how you get on xx