1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share something amazing or wonderful

bonariensis

Re: Share something amazing or wonderful

Momo.  Sounds like you have achieved quit a lot, two children to be proud of and students who you love and who obviously value you and your advice. I'm glad this week hs brought happiness.

Carolyn52

Hello mono
Congratulations on raising two very successful sons !! You must b so proud of them.
Secondaries rob us of a future ..normally I would b Xmas shopping now in the sales and buying my winter clothes but I do neither and live day to day.
Xx
JulieD
Community Champion

Congratulations Momo, you must be very proud.

One of the worst things about this disease is how it robs us of our normality, our everyday lives and the future we had envisaged. We can and do continue to live and make the adjustments necessary but it's not easy and it's not fair.

You were obviously good at your job and liked and respected by your students which is why they contnue to look to you. It sounds like you are on a tough regime and struggling a bit at the moment whch will obviously make life more difficult. Listen to your body, be gentle with yourself and when you are feeling stronger I'm sure you will do more publictions. xx

Momo

Hi ladies,

This has been a wonderful week. My elder son was promoted and my younger son was awarded his MBA with distinction! They are two of the rare "deeds" I'm proud of.

Last week I was so depressed that my life was coming to an end with very few achievements of value. My secondaries compelled me to resign from my university and part with my beloved students. I miss them so much. I also miss my previous vibrant life and research endeavours. But on a more positive note I'm so happy that my old students are still staying in touch and seeking my advice.

I crave to do some more publications if I'm ever to move to a less strenuolous regimen. 

Carolyn52

Oh Sharon ..you must really miss scratch as you had her a long time.
I would love a kitten but hubs doesn't like them either ..he wouldn't hurt it but wouldn't choose to cuddle it either.
It's good you have a project ..whatever it is ..it's a focus away from reality.
Hugs xc
scratch

Oh Carolyn glad. I cant see the kittens I would want one😻..my cat died a couple months ago and I still go to the catfood aisles in shops.
But in reality im ill and my hubby doesn't like them wouldn't hurt one though..xxxx. I'm lonely since cat died and daughter and baby moved a few weeks ago.given myself a project for her old bedroom

Touch up paint.ordered a new carpet and a new bed today and will get a small couch....for no.one to live in but gives me projects.my hubby hates those words
Haha xsharon
JulieD
Community Champion

Ha ha! Woman Very Happy

Well done for making your Mum laugh too it must have been lovely for you being able to be engaged with and laugh with your mum as it must be diificult not to be able to have conversations and things be so different Heart

bonariensis

Today I made my mum really laugh. She's 95, you can't have a conversation with her any more and it's hard to engage her attention but we were sitting in her room today without any distractions and I was able to sing her this song. I only know the first verse and the words I sing are a bit toned down.

Carolyn52

Actually yesterday I was talking to my neighbour . She's 82 . Still walks loads , wears skinny jeans etc etc ..she mentioned she had breast cancer when she was 60 ..had mastectomy and rads but as a nurse declined chemo even though the lymph glands were involved. She has never had any trouble since !! In fact she has forgotten about it !!
Soo. .I thought that was worth a little mention.
Carolyn52

Hello Denise
It's always nice for simple things in life isn't it.
Xx
Deedeepuss

Brother picked me up to take me to hospital today, on the way stopped off and had lunch, then I bought us a bag of pick n mix. I shared them out as he drove there and back. So many different ones. It was wonderful. Special shared memories, and yummy sweets.

I was a bit naughty and gave him a very sour jelly dummy!😉
Barton

Hah, Carolyn! At least Cleo had the decency to do it under my chest of drawers! We could see she was planning on using the tiny space, so we took the bottom drawer out and put a cardboard box in instead with an old blanket in it. She stayed there for about 2 weeks, before moving them to my sisters bedroom! She was at Uni at the time, though, so missed all of this.

Hugs. Barton.x

Carolyn52

That's funny as my grandson is staying here for school hols but his cat at his house had the kittens on his bed ..we havent told him that bit though as he will insist on all new bedding !! Probably need it though !!
Xxx
Barton

Kittens are so lovely. When we had a cat (many years ago now - we accepted a stray), it turned out she was preganant. She gave birth to 3 beautiful kittens in my bedroom! It was wonderful. We had read that cats like privacy when giving birth, so my mother and I left the room - she came and got us! I think she was scared and wanted the company. It was a great priviledge being with her.

Hugs. Barton.x

rosie53

Aww Carolyn how lovely, I'm sure you can use your womanly persuasion to win hubby round 😆😉
Hugs Janette xx
Carolyn52

My grandsons cat has just had six kittens. Just seen a photo...3 black/white. 2 tabby and one looks like a tiger!
I want a black/white one but hubby hates cats and says no.
Got a few weeks to persuade him though!!
Hugs xx
Carolyn52

Hiya
Must confess as a Exeter born and bred lady ..I have never heard of black down rings either but its probably a lovely calm and relaxing place away from the tourists.
Enjoy the peace and quiet.
Xxx
Barton

Thanks, Bonariensis! Will have to go there soon!

Hugs. Barton.x

bonariensis

Glad about scan results Julie

bonariensis

Hi Barton

blackdown.jpg

Barton

Thats a brave cat, Carolyn.

Bonariensis, I tried looking it up on Google maps after posting here, but all it showed me was a boarding kennels, I think!

Hugs. Barton.x

bonariensis

Blackdown Rings is not well known and in the hullabaloo that is Devon in August, it's a quiet haven.

Carolyn52

Our neighbour owns a three legged cat with no tail but despite its disability ..still enjoys a normal cats life and is always happy.
I can't bear to think of how he got his injuries but at least he (like us) all gets on with life ..the best way he can.
Xxx
Barton

Excellent news, JulieD! Glad you had a nice lunch with your sister, too. Sisters are wonderful, aren't they?

Bonariensis, never heard of that place near Kingsbridge (am an Exeter girl). Sounds lovely! Will ask my Dad as he and my Mum used to do a lot of rambling. I expect he knows it.

Hugs. Barton.x

PS, sorry about the dead leg - hope it is recovered now!

JulieD
Community Champion

Sounds lovely (minus dead leg)

I had Onc appt and funnily enough so did my sister so we met in the hospital and then went to Regents park and sat in the rose garden and had lunch together which was lovely. The flowers were beautiful and there were lots of bees buzzing around and feeding. A really nice lunch break (and scan results were good too!)

bonariensis

Yesterday I went for a picnic with my grandchildren to Blackdown Rings, near Kingsbridge, from where you can look across the hills to the sea. There is an old hawthorn tree which we call The Climbing Tree. Leg went dead while looking for a lost frisbee but what the heck.100_8007.JPG

bonariensis

My husband kept bees until last year but after 3 years with no honey he decided to call it a day. Occasionally, if he wasn't around, I would collect swarms from people's gardens. They were always very impressed!

Barton

So glad you had a lovely weekend, EJ, even though the weather wasn't all that had been promised.

I love bees too. I don't have a garden anymore, so I keep trying to persuade my sister to plant bee friendly flowers. Luckily, the friend who helps her with her garden occasionally loves bees too, so sneaks in the odd plant that she doesn't really want!

Hugs to all. Barton.x

Carolyn52

Ellie
Glad u had a good healthy weekend ..can't beat the great outdoors.
I like the real furry bees too ( hate wasps) but they seem really confused at the moment and fly at Windows and people.
If that mouse dares to set one foot in my patio doors ...he will wish he stayed in the flower beds !! Ha ha.
Xx
EJ81

Love being outdoors these days. Have just come back from a weekend camping in Cornwall with my husband, our son and another family. Weather wasn't quite as sunny as forecast but I managed a swim and helped my boy catch his first waves on a body board. Lovely sitting in the sun watching all the kids belt around in the open space on the campsite!
Boneriensis I'm all about the bees. Have lots of lavender in the garden and I love the sound of them all on it from dawn until dusk.
Carolyn no more mouse bashing please!!! We had one that used to climb up our tree and down onto the bird feeders but the squirrel has muscled in on them now!
Xxx
Barton

Oh Carolyn, mice are lovely - it was probably a field mouse (endangered, I think) rather than a house mouse, so glad hubs didn't brain it! Now if it had been a blooming great spider, that would be different!

And George, that sounds lovely!

Hugs to all. Barton.x

george

Simple pleasures: sitting in the garden on my sun lounger, listening to the wind blowing throught the tress and feeling the warm sun on my face. Also, a spontaneous big hug from my niece, just because ....

Carolyn52

My hubs was out in garden deadheading his plants early this morning and looked down and saw a little mouse looking up at him from among the flower beds ..he said it looked so scared and sad.
Normally he would have bashed it with the shovel if I had been awake as I hate rodents .
🐀🐀🐀
Barton

Jules and bonariensis, glad you have both had a good time. Sorry I'm so late, Jules!

Hugs. Barton.x

bonariensis

Sitting in the garden today and nobody around was cutting the grass, trimming the hedge or even using an angle grinder! I could hear the bees - lots of them - and the house martins chattering.

andrea_carts

That sounds wonderful Jules!! May have to show my hubby...
Jules3005

I've just got back from Southport, my hubby booked us a night away last night 😄  It was perfect, weather was lovely, had a walk along the pier, won a little solar sunflower in the penny arcade  😄  It was just what I needed 😄 xx

Barton

Oh Marie! That's lovely! Hope you all have a wonderful day, and you are right - say  NO to the C.

Please share pictures later.

Hugs. Barton.x

EJ81

Marie how exciting. Have a wonderful day! xxx

rosie53

Aww marie how lovely, so pleased for you!  You enjoy this special time......and your absolutely right the big C is not invited! 

Hugs Janette xxxx

Marie123

Today I collected my daughter's wedding dress. I feel truly blessed that I will see this day. I have a busy , wonderful week ahead , with the wedding on Saturday. Scans straight after , but C you are not having this day xxxx M

Momo

My son who works abroad gave me such a lovely surprise when he appeared unexpectedly by my bedside and hugged me. It is so reassuring having him home for a few days at the very time when I needed support as I am waiting for test and scan results. Alas he leaves in a couple of days and God knows when I'll see him again.

LouBoo

I celebrated my cousin's 40th birthday today, so lots of bubbles, grub, lovely company, and sunshine!!!!!  It was a feel-good day xxx

JulieD
Community Champion

Re: Share something amazing or wonderful or beautiful.

EJ that sounds lovely!

We sat on the balcony thisevening and ate our dinner there whilst listening to the Prom, lovely and relaxing,watching the bees on the hebe and looking at the birds  (including the seagulls!) flying around - nice end to the day

EJ81

My friend and I managed to swim in the sea this evening and it was wonderful! Quite cold getting in but then it was lovely after such a hot day. We had the water to ourselves and the sun was out. Absolutely beautiful xxx
Barton

Thanks, JulieD, for telling us. It doesn't have to be amazing (although you and a seagull staring at each other is pretty great!). Just share something that has lightened your heart.

Hugs. Barton.x

JulieD
Community Champion

What a lovely post - thank you!

So  far today I've not really seen anything I'd describe as amazing or wonderful but I have seen something that made me smile. Sitting indoors with the balcony door open a huge and rather handsome seagull flew down and landed on the railing - don't know who was more surprized to see the other, the bird or the humans!

Barton

Share something amazing or wonderful

I'm going to kick this off because I saw two great things yesterday that I really want to share with you all - one was wonderful and one was beautiful.

The wonderful was that as I was coming home from town on the bus yesterday, a very large (at least 3 or 4 inches long) dragonfly flew alongside the bus for about a hundred yards. I have no idea where it came from (unless it got lost as the bus crossed the river), but I think I was the only person to see it. It was a wonderful sight.

The second thing, which was beautiful, was as I was driving home from visiting my Dad. I saw three Indian gentlemen wearing turbans, all dressed up in absolutely beautiful costumes. I think they were waiting for a wedding as they were standing outside a venue used for weddings. Their outfits were gorgeous.

Share something good today.

Hugs to all. Barton.x