cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Share something amazing or wonderful

funnyface
Community Champion

Re: Share something amazing or wonderful

Karent, Beautiful pictures. Happy you could be there!

Barton

Wow! Karent, what amazing scenery. It looks like a wonderful wedding. Not surprised you all had a great time.

Hugs. Barton.x

Carolyn52

Omg ..what gorgeous pics and scenery ..thank u so much for sharing your wonderful time.
You look lovely as well but the bride looks stunning .
Hugs xxxxx
rosie53

Lovely wedding pics ladies, you both must be very proud!
Hugs Janette xx
Anneemay

Lovely photos Karent to add to your memories. Ann xx

Karent

Hi ladies

love the photo so beautiful

here a few of my daughter , me x my hubby and my beautiful family image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

bonariensis

SHE was driving the pony and trap

Barton

Thats a lovely photo, bonariensis!

Karent - glad you all had a wonderful time at the wedding. Looking forward to seeing the photos.

Hugs. Barton.x

bonariensis

Hi Karen Good luck with your scan results. I'm so glad you had your daughter's wedding to light up your life. My son got married in Cornwall in June. It was wonderful. The glow stays with you,100_7692.JPG

I dont know how to load pictures on a phone but on a computer you just click on the little icon that looks like a picture in the row of icons above the text box and it should explain what to do. Looking forward to seeing some. xx

Anneemay

Will be thinking of you Thursday Karent and hope that you have the news you want from your scan results. Your post reminded me of my daughters wedding 16 years ago in St Lucia it was such a lovely time and I have very fond  memories of the occasion. My daughter and son in law have given me 2 wonderful grand daughters and I am visiting them all, with my son and grandson, at the moment. I feel so lucky to have my family around me at this time when I am feeling a little more vulnerable. That also includes my husband who helped me through my initial primary diagnosis in 2002 and now is incredibly caring and supportive since my secondary dx last year. I have " trained" him well as he knows how to cook, work the hoover etc. and at the moment helps me care for my PleurX catheters. It is times like this that makes you appreciate what you have and I don't mean materialisticly, time with your family is so precious. Ann xx

Carolyn52

Glad u have had a lovely time and yes treasure every moment. I can't give u instructions how to load photos as I just do it without thinking. If u put in search box how to ..sure it will give u the right way !!
Xxx
Karent

Hi everyone back from my daughter wedding was very emotional but very beautiful don't know how to add photographs

Little scared scan tomorrow then results Thursday just hoping nothing spread this holiday has shown me I want to live more life spend time with my wonderful family

Lots love xxx
Momo

Can't get hubby to do that. How did you do it??😳

Momo

πŸ‘ bravo you reinvented the wheel!

JulieD
Community Champion

Smiley SurprisedSmiley Very HappySmiley Wink xx

bonariensis

Wow I am having a rest upstairs, my husband is vacuuming the floor downstairs. Amazing or what?Bonariensis xx

Karent

Hi everyone

Thankyou for your kind words

I promise pics of bride and me when I get back

Big hugs

Karen xxxx
HelenAquarius

Sarah Louise I love your picture and explanation.. How talented you are. I like the imagery πŸ™‚

Karen - the wedding will be amazing! I went to a Greek island for my step daughters wedding and it was the best ever (apart from my own of course πŸ˜‰ It must be such an important milestone for you - fingers crossed all goes to plan.

love Helenxxx

Carolyn52

How wonderful ..please post some photos when u get back ..we would love to see bride and you !!
Carolyn xxxx
Barton

Glad you enjoyed Skegness, Karent! Wow - Greece for your daughter's wedding - hope you all have a wonderful time. I'm sure you will make it!

Hugs. Barton.x

Ps - we want pictures afterwards!

Karent

Hi Carolyn

Oh yes I wished I lived a hour away from the beautiful beaches of Cornwall I only visited Cornwall once but it was breathtaking , in two weeks I am off to Greece to watch my daughter get married I am very excited did not think I would be there but by hook or by crook I be there

Big hug

Karen xx
Carolyn52

Hiya Karen
Glad u had a good normal day in skegness with the g/s ...I have never been there but always think of butlins when its mentioned.
We have always holidayed abroad so now loads to visit in uk .
Living in Devon ..an hour's drive takes us to nice beaches and Cornwall !!
Karent

Hi Barton /friends

I had such a lovely time in Skegness with my 2 beautiful grandsons the sunshine was out and for the first time since being diagnosed I felt like my normal self

Lots love

Karen xxx
Barton

Hope you had a good time in Skegness, Karent!

Beautiful picture, Sarahlousie! Keep 'em coming!

Hugs. Barton.x

JulieD
Community Champion

Sarahlouise, That is a powerful and inspiring picture and message, thank you for sharing, IΒ΄m sure it will help others too. My mantra is hold on to hope. Hope is so very important. 

Rainbows & butterflies xx

Karent

Wow this looks beautiful

I off to Skegness with two of my grandchildren

Lots love

Karen xx
Barton

Oh, Carolyn, that looks lovely! Glad you had a good day.

Hugs. Barton.x

Carolyn52

20160922_124500.jpgthis is Shaldon today. Had lunch in the sunshine and I felt very happy to enjoy this just twenty minutes drive from home.

sarahlousie

This is an extract from my blog http://livingwithsbc.blogspot.co.uk/p/the-spiritual-connection-and-weird.html and whilst I beleive I've had many amazing and wonderful signs this was the most poignant and serves as a reminder of hope and regeneration.

Rainbows and Butterflies

Last year whilst still going for chemo at the hospital I noticed on the drive up to the hospital nearly every time a rainbow in the sky, I also painted a picture of a rainbow over a stormy sea with one sailing boat in it please see below, another oddity was I found myself thinking about butterflies I even dreamed about them, whilst reading Bernie Seigels book Love Medicine and Miracles he mentions both rainbow's and butterflies in the same sentence, here's the symbolism attached to them:

Rainbows are a sign of hope

Butterflies are a sign of regeneration/transformation.

It wasn't until I read that book and now realise the message being conveyed to me, the rainbows in the sky were trying to show me that if I had nothing else I had hope and the butterflies were pointing towards changing my life regenerating and transforming into the butterfly I truly am inside.

This picture means so much too me it was the only painting I did last year whilst going through the hell that is chemo and this is how I can now interpret it, the sea and sky is moody and fierce signifying the cancer, I myself am symbolised by the lone sailing boat struggling in the stormy sea, the rainbow offers me a strong message of hope that I will get through this and come out the other side and to date that is what I have done, weathered the storm and returned somewhat changed but ultimately triumphant. I really needed to write this down and remember it because somewhere inside me, something is telling me its very important.

Sending you all rainbows and butterflies.x.

Marirose

Thankyou Momo for sharing your good news

Also congratulations to your sons it is always rewarding when your boys grow up to be men you can be proud of. It would seem you have installed the right kind of attitude into your boys. I know how you must feel my two boys did well with MBA's and have gone on to do well also dealing with my cancer journey.

You are very fortunate that you must have gained lots of respect from your students to want to stay in touch with you. Enjoy your retirement as much as you can even though your health has let you down.

Love and ((((hugs)))) xxx

JulieD
Community Champion

Helen that's really lovely, such precious times and happy memories, sounds like you both enjoyed the evening. Thank you for sharing it with us, it's made me go soppy, in a nice way xx

Barton

What a special day for you, Helen! Sounds lovely.

Hugs. Barton.x

Carolyn52

Hello Helen
What a lovely moment to share with your daughter. Twelve year olds are still nice ..no teenage moods quite yet but nice company.
Xxx
HelenAquarius

Today I took Tilly, my 12 yr old, to see the Lion King in London. She had been in a school production of it last year so she knew the story and songs really well and loved it.  

Well, the look on her face at the beginning of the showwhen the animals come down the corridors and all get on stage.... She couldn't believe it. Just made me cry in a lovely way to see her so captivated. She's such great company, bonkers and kind, and kept thanking me all the way home, what a sweetheart!  one of those very special times together I'm sure neither of us will never forget :-)))

bonariensis

I failed to say that the picture was from a butterfly website. Am thinking of getting a new camera

Barton

Oh der! I have just clicked in my head about your name - and you did it in bold, too! Doh!

Hugs. Barton.x

Barton

Bonariensis, that is lovely! It's also a gorgeous photo - you must have either a good camera or a really good phone! I have been meaning to say how lovely your signature photo is - a beautiful Red Admiral!

Hugs. Barton.x

Momo

How colourful and lovely. Thanks for sharing 

bonariensis

A cloud of butterflies in the garden today - red admiral - small tortoiseshell - painted lady, and the inevitable large white. I remembered Barton's post. They were attracted by the buddleia bush, not, unfortunately by the Verbena bonariensis. 

Image result for painted lady

However the painted lady in this picture does seem to like it. 

Barton

It doesn't have to be much, Moijan - just spotting a pretty butterfly, or finding something good in a shop - anything that you find great.

Hugs. Barton.x

Moijan

This is a great thread..wish I had something to add!

xxx

Barton

Congratulations, Dawn - on both counts! 50 years married, and getting over all that pain! I can understand the exhaustion. Well done for lasting through 5 hours of party, but you had an excellent reason! 

Hugs. Barton.x

bonariensis

Hallo Dawn So sorry to hear that your pain has been bad and happy that you have come through it and were able to celebrate and enjoy your golden wedding. I've only been married 36 years (started late} and didn't think I would see my 40th. However, having met some amazing women on line recently I'm beginning to think I might. Thanks everyone and particularly you Dawn for your inspiration. I hope you continue feeling relatively pain free. (I remember hearing we'd won the football world cup while sitting on a Greek island.}  xx

rosie53

Hi Dawn, sorry to hear you have had a rough time of it with pain, really pleased though that you have managed to finally get on top of it. 

When I read your post it brought tears to my eyes! It was so lovely to read, you are obviously a very special lady, having lived with sbc for so long and being married 50 years......you are an inspiration! 

People were also sceptical when i met my hubby he  proposed to me after just 5 weeks, we married 3 years later and have not long since celebrated our 11th anniversary (we are still playing at it compared to you and Carolyn)!!! 

Hope all that nasty pain is behind you now. 

Hugs Janette xxxx 

Carolyn52

Hi dawn ...so nice to hear from you and first of all congrats on 50 years ..that is such a big landmark to reach.
I'm so glad the pain reduced for you to enjoy your celebration and you are a true inspiration to us newbies here to have been living with bc for 26 years .
I have a bit of catching up to do though as I have only been married 44 years and my mum said it will never last too !!
If you can break the pain threshold ..please keep posting as we all miss you.
Hugs πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—
dawnhc

I havent been around for a while as I went through a few weeks of some of the worst pain I have ever experienced and it left me exhausted. Nothing wonderful or amazing about that! But I thought it might have completely spoiled something I was looking forward to and that is what I want to share with you all. My lovely hubs & I celebrated our Golden wedding anniversary on 30 July. We actually got married at kick off time when England won the World Cup (footie) before many of you were born. The pain stopped 5 days before the planned celebrations and we were able to really enjoy the day with over 70 guests. I have to rely on a scooter or wheelchair now and everyone was amazed that I lasted the whole 5 hours without needing to rest/sleep.

I never thought when I was diagnosed 26 years ago that I would live to see this milestone. I have 'known' my OH since I was 14 when I was at school. In those days - no internet - just pen & paper and I had many penfriends including my husband to be :). We met when I was 18 and after 4 years of corresponding had developed quite a bond which just went on growing when we met. 3 years later we got married amidst quite a bit of criticism and people saying it would never last. Yes, there was a lot of prejudice around back then but we proved them wrong.

I'm still free from that awful pain (just the usual pain now that I can keep on top of) and was able to cancel the ct planning & rads with the approval of the hospital. They have said just call them if it returns and they will put it all in place again.

Dawn

xx

Momo

Thanks a lot Barton, Natalie, Bonariensis, Carolyn and Julie for your lovely supportive words and wishes. Assessment next week and then hubby and I will be travelling to our elder son in Paris to see my French oncologist. I hope that I'll be up to travelling and allso hope he moves me to something that gives me an acceptable quality of life. 

If if he does then you'll find m posting again the wonderful news on the forum. 

Fingers crossed

Barton

Wow, Momo, you are a clever lady! And two sons to be really proud of, too. Well done. I do hope you feel well enough to publish again soon.

Hugs. Barton.x

rosie53

Momo, what lovely proud moments you have had this week! I am genuinely happy for you. Every so often the reality of this horrible disease jumps up and taps you on the shoulder doesn't it! It makes value moments and even more so.

Hugs Janette xxxx 

Momo

Thanks to all of you.

Honestly my colleagues used to make fun of me for my excessive motherly instinct. Maybe it's the high estranged level is a double edged sword πŸ˜€πŸ˜… But truly my role towards my beloved students went far beyond lectures.

I just feel that there's much more I could have done and many ideas that remain trapped in my mind. My research is so applied and not purely academic. It could help banking regulators. I hope that I can publish again and that this sick body does not keep me from that. 

Love you all and your support is so invaluably precious to me.

Momo