1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share something amazing or wonderful

Carolyn52

Re: Share something amazing or wonderful

My son has just done a 50 mile midnight walk for cancer charity ..he has blisters and warned the dog he won't get walkys for a few days but the team have raised more than £3000 in sponsorship .
I'm proud as he didn't train for it ..just spur of the moment thing to help.
Xxxxx
funnyface
Community Champion

I hope Ellis went to see the stars with her son. What a great time that would have been! Love the picture Bonariensis.

bonariensis

stars.jpg

Carolyn52

That's lovely to bring up. When I had coffee with ellie back in October she was wearing long boots with her skinny jeans and I jokenly said it's not cold enough for boots yet and she said but these boots cost a lot of money and I want to get my monies worth out of them!  Barton and I drive past her house all the time and yesterday i saw her beloved camper van outside and felt a tear or two as she spent all summer camping and having fun with her family in a very simple way. 

We will never know if she did make that trip to see the stars as the last few weeks she cancelled coffee due to chemo side effects etc.

Will miss you Ellie. xxxc

JulieD
Community Champion

I remember her writing that because I  thought what a lovely thing to do with her son. I  too hope they managed to do it. Bless her

bonariensis

On November 8 (only a few weeks ago) Ellie wrote;

Sounds perfect to me B! Such gorgeous weather at the moment. I have resolved that if it's clear at tge weekend I'm going to take my son up to Dartmoor to watch the sun set and see the stars. We are lucky that Exeter is a small city and not over lit so you can see stars but up on the moor they are stunning. Going to pack loads of blankets and hot chocolate though!!

I really hope she did
B xx

Barton

Thanks for that, bonariensis! I love Cotehele, although I haven't been for years. And I have never been during the Christmas season.

Hugs. Barton.x

bonariensis

Thought we needed something amazing. 

Today i went with my daughter and grandchildren to see the garland in the great hall at Cotehele, a National Trust house in Cornwall. This is a rather fuzzy picture of it.

garland.jpg

If you'd like to know more about it and see better pictures go to https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/features/creating-coteheles-christmas-garland

funnyface
Community Champion

Bonariensis, Very cute cakes! Thoughtful idea! Kudos to your daughter. FF

JulieD
Community Champion

They look great,!

Well done your daughter. Hope you had a good time

bonariensis

Our lives in cake.

Our daughter made several cakes representing things we did or liked for our 70th birthday ceilidh.

ceilidh(16).jpg

bonariensis

Putting my feet up after helping at a jumble sale and the almost full moon is smiling at me through the window. It looks big! On Monday it will be full and at its closest to the earth for 69 years, a 'supermoon'. Let's hope it's a clear night.

Barton

Funnyface, you seem to all be having the same trouble as we did after Brexit (still ongoing)- people seem unwilling to accept a democratically arrived at decision! We may not agree with that choice, but both results were through a duly elective process, set in a (supposedly!) democratic, free country!

Sorry everyone - enough of the politics - back to the regular scheduled programme of sharing sonething amazing and wonderful!

Hugs. Barton.x

funnyface
Community Champion

Barton, I'm not in shock overTrump! I honestly thought he would win bc of the things that were revealed about her a few days before the election. They were both awful in my opinion. We are stuck with him for 4 years! All we can do is hope for the best!! I stayed up to wait for the results and heard about the crash on the Candian web site. I'm actually not worried about Trumps as much as the crazy people bein destructive and evil. Not going to any of the major cities any time soon!!

Barton

Hello ff and Carolyn - heard Trump had won on the way to work this am! I am so glad I am not American (no offense intended, ff) as I wouldn't have had a clue what to do! Stuck between the devil and the deep blue sea (rock and a hard place, ff). I also heard that the Canadian Immigration website crashed with all the Americans trying to flea the country! Apparently New Zealand has also had a lot of applications. You could always come here, ff, and we can have craft days!

Hugs, and no offence intended to all our American friends. Barton.x

Ps - ff - you haven't really posted in the wrong place as this results is truly Amazing (although probably not Wonderful! Smiley Embarassed)

Carolyn52

Oh well ..FF. .Trump has triumphed so at least now it's done and dusted after the circus !!
I quite like our prime minister as I like looking at the shoes she wears ! Anyone that enjoys shoes is good in my book !!
Ha ha .
Xxx
funnyface
Community Champion

I'm not into politics either! This has been sickening! Such bashing! I Seri o idly don't think anyone can get it right. They are both wrong in my opinion. She belongs in jail and he is an a$$! I can't beliee these were our choices!

Carolyn52

Ff . I just hope the American people get it right and the best one gets the job!!
What we have been watching here has been a real circus ..don't know what to make of it all really.
I'm not into politics at all but the US is such a power ..it needs someone with some credibility !!!
Xxx
funnyface
Community Champion

Oops meant to put that under General chat!

funnyface
Community Champion

I voted in this crazy election today! I went with what their platforms are. Had to drop their past track records. It was t he only way to m ake a choice. I still dont want either one! It's going to be a long 4 years! I wonder if I will be here to see it over with! 

JulieD
Community Champion

Bonaeiasis, how lovely, the sea and icecream! Haven't we been lucky with the weather. Colder today but sun still peeking through.

EJ81, that is a great idea! I  do hope the weather will be good enough, watching the sun set and looking at the stars with someone special is beautiful.

Janette, happy birthday! So pleased you had a good day, what a nice surprize for you, plus spending quality time with family - can't be beaten!

Carolyn52

Happy birthday Jeanette
I'm a massive emmerdale fan and so envious of your trip ..did u manage to see any of the cast ..wouldn't mind Cain dingle fixing my car any day !!!
Family days are so precious and one to remember ...
Carolyn xxxx
rosie53

Hi ladies, just wanted to share my lovely day with you.
It's my birthday and hubby, son and daughter surprised my with a trip to the Emmerdale studio tour, then we had lunch in Leeds with a few cheeky glasses of wine and did some "birthday shopping"
It was so nice for us to spend time together as we are all always so busy with life.....beautiful day with my beautiful family, nothing more special than that!
Hugs Janette xxxx
Barton

Sounds lovey, EJ!

Hugs. Barton.x

Barton

I'm sure you deserve an icecream, bonariensis! Good for you (I would have done the same!).

Hugs. Barton.x

Ps. Hope your daughter's back gets better soon - I totally sympathise!

EJ81

Sounds perfect to me B! Such gorgeous weather at the moment. I have resolved that if it's clear at tge weekend I'm going to take my son up to Dartmoor to watch the sun set and see the stars. We are lucky that Exeter is a small city and not over lit so you can see stars but up on the moor they are stunning. Going to pack loads of blankets and hot chocolate though!!
Carolyn52

Hiya B .
Yes we have been so lucky to have weather and beautiful coastline here. Hope u enjoyed your ice cream .
Xxx
bonariensis

Yesterday's amazing thing: it's November 7th and the weather is so lovely the icecream van is still at Slapton Sands. Yesterday I went to help my daughter (she's hurt her back) and coming home past the sands carpark I stopped to look at the sea. Instead of relaxing, breathing deeply and meditating on the scene I had an icecream.

Carolyn52

Hello B ( give up spelling your name especially with predictive text)
That is truly amazing ..the only things we had here were the type that go whizz and bang and then u feel like u r under fire from some fire work enemy !!
I was just outside enjoying fresh air after my big roast dinner and we have two large trees a few houses away ..with the wind they r loosing their leaves but they are like little helicopters fluttering around not just leaves ...couldn't help laughing as one hit me on the nose !! AAGH they r making a bit of a mess though . Out with the broom tomorrow.
Carolyn xx
Karent

Wow that fantastic xx
bonariensis

Every year we have an amazing bonfire and fireworks display in Blackawton. This year the bonfire took the form of a rocket. There is a group of middle aged boys who love to get together and organise it all with spectacular results

Carolyn52

Today its been one of those crisp sunny days and we drove to my sister's in bude ..the drive is pretty and the scenery looked so nice.
We went to the beach, the tide was out and sun shining on the sea ..it was all very calm with people walking their happy dogs and it just felt serene and peaceful .
We have always in the past travelled abroad ..but why when we live in such a lovely country and in our case ..all this an hour's drive away.
Xxx
Barton

Anneemay, JulieD and Carolyn, with you on the sister front. I'm the eldest of two girls (only) and my sister is wonderful, too. Thankfully she has been spared bc, but she never skips the scans just in case! Our mother died of cancer, but not bc. There are a couple of cancers in the family - skin, bladder, bowel and liver, but, as far as I am aware, no bc. I'm the first, and hopefully the last. Neither me or my sister has children, so we can't pass it on to anyone.

Hugs. Barton.x

JulieD
Community Champion

Aneemay,how lovely to get to spend some proper time with your sisters, nothing beats that love and safety of those you grew up with. I  completely get where you are coming from.

I am the eldest of 4 girls (no brothers) and I  was the first to dx with bc. As I was only 39/40 at the time all my sisters have had access to regular mammograms. Two of the three of them have unfortunately also now had bc. I'm hoping and praying that my secondary dx is the last my family have to experience on the cancer front. Imoved to Sussex from London and all my sisters are still in London so we don't get to spend time together on mass very often but it's great when we do! Sisters are great!Smiley Very Happy

Carolyn52

Hello anneemay
Sisters are rare gifts and they need to be treasured . I am only one of two girls but my sister is my best friend too. As our mum died of bc..she is always checking for lumps and has very frequent mammogramnes.
I hope and pray that she doesn't have to do this journey.
Carolyn xxx
Anneemay

On Tuesday and Wednesday this week I spent the days with my 4 sisters just chilling together and catching up face to face, playing games, watching DVD's, eating and chatting. It was really lovely as although 3 of them live only 20-30 minutes away we are not always able to meet together at the same time. My eldest sister came down from Derby for a few days but unfortunately my sister in Germany could only join us via technology. 

I am the second eldest and the first to be originally diagnosed with BC. my 4 younger sisters have also been on the BC "journey" one of them completed her treatment this year, so although it was not the main topic of conversation, it obviously was spoken about. 

I feel so "lucky " if that is the right expression to have wonderful sisters to support and care for me, who totally understand what I am going through, since my secondary dx.  I am just hoping that they will not have to experience the same "journey"  as me in the future. Ann xx

george

Although I am a Spring/Summer person, loving Autumn colours at moment. Enjoying my Autumnal walks😊
Karent

Oh yes completely agree I go from being a dinosaur to a turtle to a princess lol

But wouldn't change a thing

Karen xx
bonariensis

Was down the park with mine yesterday, (my daughter's bad back is worse than mine). There is large wooden fort there. I take on the role of 'queen', it's quite a comfortable relaxed one, better than the role of 'shark' which involves 'swimming' around under the fort bent double. Their make believe world amazes me. 

Karent

Hi Carolyn

Completely agree I have 5 grandchildren with another on the way and I love my cuddles

Big hug

Karen xxx
george

Lunch with mum, niece and nephew ( 11 and 14), followed by a walk in the park to admire Autumn colours. Simple pleasures that help to fill memory banks. 😊
EJ81

Gorgeous photos Karen xxx
What a lovely message Carolyn. Having a diagnosis like this really helps you to focus on the important stuff doesn't it xxx
bonariensis

I remember the day I had my lumpectomy my daughter drove down from Salisbury with my baby grandson, he was 3 months old. He's 7 now and has been a constant joy, (so has the other one- must be fair)

Carolyn52

Sat here in the sunshine drinking coffee in Pjs just recapping back. It was two years ago I retired after 26 years in my job and looked forward to rest and growing old disgracefully !!
A year ago after a phone call from my GP.I went for results of my xray/ scan on painful hip ..the results were devasting ..secondaries.I left his surgery feeling I had been hit by a juggernaut but you know ..in the 5 minute drive back home ..I had to put on my false smile and everything is ok face as my grandson was staying. Looking back he got me through the news that week.
The same as in 2004 ..he was born one hour before my chemo started ..it was having his daily cuddles and visits that got me through those months too.
So thank you Josh ..for keeping me focused. You are now a lovely twelve year old young man but I love you with all my heart.
Xxx
Marcelle

Just so lovely ,gorgeous xx
Waffles

Love the photos Karen. Just beautiful xxx
Karent

Thankyou so much everyone

Lots love

Karen xxx
Momo

Wow! Lovely pics and gorgeous bride. Hope your days are always full of joy and happiness.

Moijan

How lovely Karent. You look really well and happyxx

Do let us know how the scan goesxx

Moijanxx

bonariensis

Lovely pictures! What a beautiful bride and mum and a wonderful setting. Really special  xx