cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share something amazing or wonderful

197 REPLIES 197
Highlighted

Re: Share something amazing or wonderful

Oh Bon, that is wonderful! So glad your friend was able to have the stem cell therapy. Here's hoping everything works out for her. Well done to you all for raising all that money!

Hugs. Barton.x

Highlighted

This is a picture of my friend Sue and her daughter. Sue had Hodgkins Lymphoma, had chemo but it recurred at the end of last year and she had stem cell therapy. She's an inspiration to everyone and has certainly helped me. Her daughter decided to raise money for cancer research.

Image may contain: 4 people, people smiling, people standing

The final total for our schools Race for Life was £1382.00. This was a fantastic amount. The money was taken to the Cancer Research Shop in Dartmouth today. Sandra Hunt (manager at Dartmouth shop) said that they had never had such a large amount of money handed over in their shop.

We have crowdfunded a holiday for her and her family.

Highlighted

On holiday there were huge flocks of swifts screaming and twittering - plenty of places for them to nest under ancient eaves. Who knows, the mozzie population may have been much worse without them.

Highlighted

What a sight ..the flying ants are about and we have literally 1000 s of seagulls enjoying their Saturday night takeaway in the sky ..they say that because they over indulge on them ..they get a sort of high like they are drunk! !
Nature is wonderful though.
Highlighted

Lovely (not!), Carolyn. I wake up to a view of a mini Tesco and car park (as you know) - it's actually very entertaining sometimes!

Hugs. Barton.x

Highlighted

Hello bon
Firstly sorry I had to cry off lunch Monday ..nurses didn't turn up til Tuesday at 4pm to do my bloods ..grrr ..two days wasted.

What a lovely photo ...when I opened my curtains this morning ...a bull dog was having a dump on the grass verge and a couple of school kids were having a crafty puff of a ciggy behind the trees!!
Anyway ..very envious
Hugs xxxxx
Highlighted

I am truly blessed. This is what I saw when I opened the curtains (aka drapes) this morning

Highlighted
Community Champion

Bonariensis, Awesome view and picture!

Highlighted

That is beautiful, B! Thanks for sharing that. You always take such lovely photos!

Hugs. Barton.x

Highlighted

After the rain

100_8400.JPG

Highlighted

Thats wonderful, Helen. Please thank her for me, too.

Hugs. Barton.x

Highlighted

A real act of kindness and friendshp Helen. Please thank her xx

Highlighted

Fantastic Helen!
Hugs Janette xxx
Highlighted

Hiya Helen
What a lovely friend and what a lovely photo to share ..honestly the kindness of people really is fantastic ...
Xxxxxx
Highlighted

Hi lovely ladies,

Just wanted to share this photo of me & my friend Laura who ran the Brighton Marathon on 9/4/17 in 4 hours 23 mins for BREAST CANCER CARE raising £1,454.57 so far!!! This was her first marathon and I am so proud of her and this was her story:

I have masses of determination to succeed and knowing I'm raising money for Breast Cancer Care, which is such an amazing and lifechanging charity will make me strive harder to reach my goals. I might be knackered but I promise you I'll be crossing the finish line with a beaming smile on my face and without a doubt a few tears of joy (and relief!!!)

We have a family friend who has been fighting her own 4 year battle with breast cancer with bone & liver metastases, so if my run can help people like beautiful Helen to survive then I can bear the exhaustion!

Great to see people raising money to help us.

Love Helen xx

17884019_1304952342946319_3025310124912132716_n.jpegWell done Laura & thank you xxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

That was lovely! Thanks for sharing. I  sometimes catch the bell ringing but normally the 00.45 slot, missed this one though.

Highlighted

I wake up early so often listen to 'Bells on Sunday' at about 5,45 on Radio 4. This morning it was from St Paul's Cathedral and they were ringing Julie McDonnell Bob Cinques. Julie McDonnell has blood cancer and has been raising money and awareness amongst the bellringing community through 'Strike back against blood cancer'. I know our own lovely Moijan is a bellringer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08gwj3f

Highlighted

Hiya B.
It was so nice to c u today for a catch up and long lunch ....you look so fit and well ..must be all the sea air watching the whale earlier !!
Hope he doesn't get beached ...and keeps swimming xxxxx
Highlighted

Oh, B, we had a wonderful day with you, too! Can't wait to do it again. Also, so jealous of you seeing the whale and dolphins!

Hugs. Barton.x

Highlighted

Awww I am soooo jealous, would to be able to join you ladies for lunch!! Hugs Janette xxxx
Highlighted

Today we saw a whale in Start Bay off Slapton Sands, surfacing, diving and blowing. Amazing to see! Sorry no picture, it was too far away to make a good one. We also saw a pair of dolphins. It was a beautiful morning. 

The other wonderful thing that happened today was that I had a long lunch with Carolyn and Barton. So lovely to see them and catch up.

love to all B xx

Highlighted
Community Champion

I like good foods but don't take away my three c 's!FF

Highlighted

I'll second that my fellow chocoholic! 😆😆🍫🍩🍰🍟 🍟
Hugs Janette xxx
Highlighted

All the slimming clubs ban the three c's ..but it would be a sad world without chocolate, cheese and chips wouldn't it ?
Bring it on ...salad is for rabbits !!
Xxxx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Bonariensis, I love cheese too!! FF

Highlighted

Oh I need one of those mugs! Never a truer word said! 😆

Hugs Janette x

Highlighted

YES! Cheese is good too

Highlighted
Community Champion

FB_IMG_1486007651060.jpg

Highlighted

Oh B, that's lovely! You have a really good eye, and I presume a good camera. Beautiful.

Hugs. Barton.x

Highlighted
Community Champion

Love it with that tiny little toe nail of moon! FF

Highlighted
Community Champion

Beautiful, thanks for sharing Bonariensis xx

Highlighted

Wow .that would make a love picture to frame if it was enlarged ..beautiful colours .
Xx
Highlighted

A good one this morning

100_8260.JPG

100_8261.JPG

Highlighted

FF
Phew all that food ..no wonder you are fed up ...our grankids go back later today so we will take down all Xmas stuff tomorrow and have a good clean up. Love it all before xmas but after its just a irritation !!
Try to get some rest ..sounds like u need a pj day under the duvet !!
Hugs xxx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Omg I'm tired of food! Meatball, rolls, sauce, cheese platters, brownies, chips, mashed potatoes, pork, sauerkraut, dumplings,picked eggs, etc. I don't have to cook but none of it looks interesting. I do have one dish of what we call banging veggies that I might eat tomorrow for lunch. It is roasted potatoes, carrots, red peppers, zucchini, garlic, oregano,  bsail and cheese. One of my favorites. My parents loved mince meat pie! Yuck! Not me!! Hubby 's  birthday is Tuesday! I am partied out! Will have to put in a good face! I go back to work Wed. and all I want is a few days of rest! Will have to wait for weekend! We have our trains diwn and packed up. Ornaments off tree and packed. Hubby said he was  done! Grrrr I wanted to take the lights off and finish! Supposed to rain the next two days. Hubby is going away the weekend of the 13th. Looking forward to a quiet weekend!

Highlighted

Yes ..ff I would make a good oncologist ( cry) with my treatment plan but hey hoo wouldn't it be a good one.
My lovely kind neighbour has just brought in a plate of newly baked mince pies ..ugh can't face anymore xmas stuff !!
Turkey in bin ...just had to make a large banana smoothie as they looked so "unloved" in fruit bowl ..so very healthy ..yes me !!
Toot toot happy New year
Hugs xxx
Highlighted
Community Champion

I'm hiring you as my oncologist, Carolyn!

Highlighted

Yes FF ..I think the same ..it's the drug companies looking for expensive treatments to sell ...I think the best cancer cure would be
A McDonalds a day
A large bar of choc
And maybe washed down with a nice Bailey's .
Wouldn't that be a lovely treatment plan and cure ?
Carolyn xxx
Highlighted
Community Champion

Carolyn, I do wish we could all just wake up and be cancer free!  It's just sooo hard to believe the cure hasn't been found. I sometimes wonder if the researchers are looking too deeply and  maybe missing a simple solution. FF

Highlighted

Wouldn't that be wonderful! 

Janette xx

Highlighted

Don't read this if you are eating.

For over a year I have had a warty thing on my shin...just lately it's got bigger and sort of caught on my

Leggings.... sooo I thought I would pop to gp and get it looked at. Whilst ringing surgery and waiting

In the queue system.... I looked down and it had falling off!  Don't u wish cancer would do the same  ....

Hugs xxxx

Highlighted
Community Champion

Smiley LOL Smiley SurprisedSmiley Wink

Highlighted

Lucky enough son had the right trousers on as his friend got so sore in his nether regions wore huge holes in his boxer shorts when he finished !!
Highlighted
Community Champion

Carolyn that's awesome! I did a 20 mile walk for a charity when I was 16! We had blisters and could barely walk when we got home. I can't imagine 50!

Highlighted

Fantastic! Xxx

Highlighted

Well done to him, Carolyn - he has my utmost respect!

Hugs. Barton.x

Highlighted

Wow what a fantastic thing to do. Hope his blisters recover soon. xx

Highlighted

That is just wonderful Carolyn , so good , xxx
Highlighted

Your son is fantastic Carolyn tell well done from us HeartHeartHeart

Highlighted
Community Champion