Sharing tips on your long term remission success

Hi everyone,

Great to hear that some of us that are still doing well after 5 or 10 years on. Please share your secret of success and give us your tips on what you think that contributes to your long term remission. These could be: dietary changes, what you eat or don’t eat, any detoxifying program, faith, meditation, yoga, special exercises, coffee enemas, supplements what type, immunology treatment, cancer vaccines, anti cancer supplements like turmeric, reverastrol, poly MVA, cannabinoid oil, life style change, vegan diet, apricot kernels, juicing, etc, anything. Please share it.

Some of the long term survivors give tips ranging from a total diet change to become a vegan, no animal products, no diary and no processed food. Everything organics. Some contributed their remission is due to apricot kernels and pancreatic enzyme, some are due to cannabinoid extract oil, some are due to spiritual connection with God, etc. What works for you?

I’m sure there are many of us would like to receive your tips, the more detailed, the better. Thank you.

Good luck to all that have been blessed with a long term remission.

Hi, I was diagnosed, in my early 40’s with bone mets and Breast cancer. Twelve years ago, in 2003. I have just been lucky to have had good responses to the standard treatments available. A good oncology team behind me. No special diets, no faith, just, like many, a love of life. This is most probably of no help to you but I thought I would post just to say there are some good treatments out there to help us live longer, wishing you well. X

I was diagnosed way back in 2000 at the tender age of 28 with breast cancer.  I underwent a lumpectomy and removal of my lymph nodes under my right arm, chemo and radiotheraphy it was with the help of my Dad, sister, brother, boyfriend and very close friends that kept me motivated to carry on.  Following being rediagnosed in 2005 i underwent a mastectomy and a breast reduction together with zoladex monthly injections and tablets i was finally discharged back in July 2011.  Again it was with the help of said family and friends that kept me going.  I was again diagnosed in November 2011 after becoming very short of breathe and not being able to walk for very long.  I was told following having my right lung drained that I had secondary breast cancer.  Friends have asked how do i manage to carry on with all the bad news i get, well the answer, I’m not ready to go yet.  My said boyfriend is now my husband and he has cared, loved and tried to protect me as much as he can and I want to grow old with him (if i can).  We may not have the children i dearly longed for but we have each other, enjoy our life, holidays and meeting up with family and friends.  I try to have things planned ahead which gives me a goal to head to. I do have my down days, but i try to dust myself off and get going again.  :smileyhappy: :heart:

Just received my 5 year all clear today and am over the moon.

Diagnosis and WLE in 2012 with treatment ending in 2013.

Not taking any hormone or related drugs, in fact had to go back on HRT because of all sorts of problems.

Have chronic pain in breast and nipple along with chronic fatigue which comes and goes.

Also weakened left lung with increased asthma, chest infections and a bout of pneumonia, but …and it’s a big but…I am clear!  

Not doing anything special with regards the cancer but joined Slimming World his year and lost over a stone to get back to my 20s weight - (I’m 61 now). Cut all almost all sugar and oil/fat except for the good ones. No white bread and loads and loads of fruit and veggies and good protein. Feeling massively better in so many ways. Moderation in alcohol and going out and enjoying life every day. Working as a local volunteer for our village hall - thinking about others rather than myself is a great boost.

Keep on keeping on folks! There is life after all the cr*p! Hope to remain free as long as possible and fingers crossed it may have gone.