cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shaving and exercise

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Shaving and exercise

Can anyone explain why leg hair returns before 'useful' hair (like eyebrows and eyelashes).
2 years post chemo, herceptin, rads etc and still very pathetic eyebrows or eyelashes, but need to remove leg hair. Someone's idea of a joke! Not fair.
Annie

Highlighted

I also read that it is better to use an electric razor. I bought one, but still no armpit hair
2.5 months after surgery and nearly 4 months from last chemo....
Highlighted

Hi girls,

Thanks for the advice. I think I will start with an electric shaver. Off to yoga tomorrow and start jogging again at weekend. Already entered for half marathon in October as a goal.
x x
Sunshine75

Hi girls
I am 2.5 years post treatment and I use an electric razor or hair removal cream. I had full auxilliary clearance and I want to avoid cutting myself as the armpit is mostly numb.
Throughout treatment and more so post treatment I have exercised lots - I believe it has helped with the ongoing tiredness that has been a problem for some after chemotherapy. I am fit, am no more tired at times than before bc and research indicates that exercise helps recovery, helps to overcome se's from treatment and may also help keeping you well going forward. No guarantees, but hey, it's my motivation.
Just off to the gym now.
x

Highlighted

Hi I'm also a runner. I had my op on 30/4 and was told by my BC nurse to buy an electric razor and not to use a bic as your underarm would be very sensitive and that you probably would lose feeling! I did do that but I've got to say that now I've reverted back to a bic and I'm just careful in the Shower. Keep running girls I think it's the one thing that's getting me through this x
Highlighted

back muscle pain in Hong kong
That's interesting, because I was tempted to post a thread on the same thing. I'm training for a half marathon and noticed that I get better than normal shaves after a run. I wonder if it's because the skin gets good and hydrated from the sweat, or that I'm so relaxed afterwards that I can concentrate well on my shave. Anyone else experience a runner's high shave?
Highlighted

Shaving and exercise

Hi ladies,

Just got two quick questions, firstly what is best to use to remove underarm hair? I have quite a big cord under my affected arm and a little worried about cutting the skin, but my hair has started to come back and I have radiotherapy starting next week.

Secondly, i would like to start yoga and jogging. it is 8 weeks since my WLE and ANC. I did have an infection and had to have the fluid drained but it has been a week now since I took dressing off and all healed. I was just wondering if this was ok?

Thanks

Sunshine75