70380members
370280posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sheffield/Chesterfield/North Derbyshire anyone???

160 REPLIES 160
FabForty

Re: Sheffield/Chesterfield/North Derbyshire anyone???

We're meeting again next Tuesday (9th November) 7pm outside Pizza Express in Meadowhall (upstairs in Oasis). Everyone welcome xxx

annalou24

Hi Mary

nice to hear from you ! I know it's short notice, but you would be welcome to join us tomorrow evening . We meet for a casual meal and wine etc. every six weeks or so, rendezous is 7pm outside Pizza Express in Meadowhall (upstairs in Oasis).

At least one lady who comes has experience of recon and another I think lives in the hillsborough area. I am in Woodseats myself.

Hoping you can make it, if not this time maybe next ??

I don't come on this site much anymore ( only to check this thread really) but you are welcome to pm me and exchange mobile numbers/email addresses/Facebook contacts etc.

Love and best wishes

Anna xx

loobyloo222

Hi girls!
I'm in the north-west of Sheffield (Hillsborough/Wadsley area) wondered if there was anyone close by.
I had DCIS three years ago in right breast treated by surgery and followed by radiotherapy.
Now it has returned and I have to have the breast off and wondering about re-construction- I think it's fantastic what they can do but still can't make up my mind.
The cancer is oestrogen related so they recommended I have my mirena coil removed, which I did today. Now I have bad pain in my affected breast- not the other one- and I'm a bit concerned.
Phoned the breast nurse who was a bit dismissive but said she would get back to me- which she hasn't- so I'm feeling a bit annoyed and wondered if any one had similar experiences?
I've been very positive and upbeat so far but this has really thrown me.
Would be good to know I'm not on my own!!

Maryx

annalou24

Hi Debbie
I will be there !! As far as I know Amy, Leah and Karen will as well... Looking forward to it !

Anyone else ??

Anna xx

Debsm

Hi Everyone.

I've not been on the site for ages...just checking to see who is,if anyone meeting up at Meadowhall Sheffield this Tues 3rd Aug.I think
the meeting time would be the usual 7.00pm outside Pizza Express.

I hope that the usual ladies can make it and hopefully some new faces.

Love Debbie xxx

jackiek55

Still not sure about Tuesday as I'm on a First Aid course all day and then on to SW. I'll try to make it though, would be a shame to miss you all.

So sorry to hear that you've had to go into hospital Amy. It's not the best place to be, but the nurse's are lovely aren't they? I had a five day spell in Weston Park in the middle of my treatment. They couldn't even find what was causing my temperature and like yours it was over 39 degrees. I had five days of IV antibiotics and was fine after that. Take care and rest as much as possible.

Good luck with the rads tomorrow Karen, sorry I haven't any advice for you about them as I didn't have any, but I'm sure the others on here will be able to help you along.

Hope the rest of you are all ok.

Love Jackie xx

kayh317

Hi Anna,

am hoping to be there Tuesday as long as I can get sitter for Mary.

Start my rads tomorrow so that should be fun !!

K x

amy_hutin

Hi everyone,

I don't think I'll be able to make it on Tuesday. I was taken in to hospital on Wednesday night. My temp reached 39 degrees! I'm out for a tiny bit today, but I should hopefully be properly out on Monday. I have my fingers crossed. Think I just need to rest next week!

Amy x x x

annalou24

Who's coming next Tues ???

Looking forward to seeing everyone again...or indeed, for the first time!

Anna xxx

annalou24

HI Sarah,

i know that feeling !!! ( but i have the excuse of old age LOL!!)

Next Meet Up Tues 15th June; hope you can make it 🙂

Anna xx

Fraggle_81

Hi - Sorry I didn't make it, didn't manage to txt either. Talk about head up posterior!

Got out of apt quite late, decided to go home as I was shattered and thought rather than try to txt while driving, I'd let you know when I got home. I then sat in my car with phone in hand for at least 10 min racking my brains as to who I was supposed to be sending a message to!! Its official, I'm losing it!!!

All is good with me, just feeling the effects of early mornings and long days. When are you next meeting up? I'll try to work from home so I can make it!

Take care all - hope those of you still having Tx are keeping your chin up 🙂

Hugs
S
xxx

annalou24

HI
Great to see everyone this evening. Sorry you couldn't make it Sarah. Hope you are doing ok ?

Anna xx

Fraggle_81

Hi Girlies

I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to make it 😞

I've got an appointment at 7 and have been feeling pretty knackered recently so not sure I can handle a late night.

I'll see how I'm doing after the apt and might mosey on down for an hour or so, would love to see you again/meet you all. I'll txt to let you know either way.

Hope you have a great time if I don't make it 🙂

Hugs

Sarah
xxxxx

FabForty

I'll be there too, looking forward to meeting you all.

Leah
xx

amy_hutin

I'm definitely coming! See you all tomorrow!

Amy x x x

gymbunny

Hi I am new to this group but plan on being there tomorrow. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Alison

annalou24

Hi all,

Yes it's on for tomorrow at 7 ish in Meadowhall. Meet outside Pizza express and we'll take it from there. PLease can people reply to this thread if coming so we can wait for you ?

I might be a little bit late myself...will text 🙂

Love,

Anna xxx

LIST SO FAR
JACKIE
DEBS
SARAH
SUZI
LEAH
AMY
KAREN
ME (ANNA!)

kayh317

Anna,

just checking it's still on for Tuesday 25th. Been having problems with facebook so thought I would message you on here !!

K x

annalou24

Amy and Leah,
Have sent you friend requests on Facebook, so hope to see you on there soon 🙂

Love your profile pics girls !

Anna xx

FabForty

Hi Amy,

yep, I'm under Prof Coleman but not actually seen him yet as he's always out of clinic when I've been in (must be something I've said!), but his team are very good. My next appt is also in the morning on the 26th so we'll be there at the same time - they're a lovely bunch of nurses on the ward, theres some good banter flying around and they try to make it as relaxing as possible.

From what I was told there's a meeting with the docs, surgeons, ONCs, & nurses before each treatment and they go through everyones case notes then you're seen by whoever is available on the team (usually a day or two before your chemo, when you go for your blood tests), but they're all up to speed on your situation, so it's not like you're getting passed from pillar to post, so don't worry!

Have you had surgery? If so have you had a BCC Nurse assigned at the Hallamshire - mine has been great, really supportive.

Anyway, we'll meet at Meadowhall on the 25th, but if there's anything you want to chat about before then, just shout up. All the girls on here are really supportive and as we're all at different stages it's nice to get a feel for how everyone is going.

take care of yourself & we'll see you soon

Leah xxx

amy_hutin

Hi Leah,

I like your profile pic...I need to put one on.

Yep, I'm having chemo at Weston Park in the morning. Do you see Prof Coleman at Weston Park?

Can't wait to meet you all!

Amy x x x

annalou24

Hi Amy,

'Course you can join us...really looking forward to meeting you !!. We meet just outside Pizza Express upstairs in the Oasis. Some of us are on Facebook and keep in touch on there as well. PM me if you like with your email addy so I can add you as a friend on Facebook...same goes for you Leah !!
Take care
Love

Anna xxx

FabForty

Hi Amy,

I'll be having my 4th chemo the next day aswell - are you having yours at Weston Park?

Hope to meet you on the 25th.

Leah
x

amy_hutin

Sorry anna...I keep calling you ann!x

amy_hutin

Hi everyone,

I manaaged to find the conversation ann. I feel a bit silly as I didn't look under the 'in your area' section to start off with.

I hope nobody minds me joining the get together on the 25th May? I start chemo the next day...argh!

Hope you're all well.

Amy x x x

annalou24

*Just bumping this for Amy*

FabForty

Hi ladies,
sorry I couldn't join you on Tuesday. I think I overdid things a bit at the weekend after having a couple of walks round Rother Valley and was completely washed out. My head was saying "get yourself going" but my body was saying "not on your Nelly, Mrs!" 🙂

I've put the next date on my calendar, it's the night before chemo no.4 so hopefully I should be up for it!

hope to see you soon

Leah
x

annalou24

Hi All

it was great to catch up with everybody on Tues and lovely to meet you Karen. Our next meet-up has been pencilled in for Tues 25th May, same time, same place.
I will let Sarah and Amy know via Facebook as well.

Any newcomers welcome, just reply to this thread or PM one of us !!

Hope everybody is feeling well ( esp Leah, hope you're feeling a bit better ??) and enjoying the sunshine 🙂

Love,

Anna xx

annalou24

HI Ladies

great ! so it looks like there should be 7 of us. Shall we meet by that blank wall just opposite the entrance to Pizza Express as usual? Then we can decide where we want to eat after that.

I will have to leave early-ish (by 9 at the latest), hope that's ok ?

Look forward to seeing everyone there 🙂

Anna xx

kayh317

Hi Anna,

Have my sitter arranged so baring any sudden ill effects, all roads to Meadowhell being totally closed or the ash from Iceland completely covering the country I will be there !!

Looking forward to it very much.

Karen x

kayh317

Leah,

Hope your chemo went ok and that you can make it next week.

I will be there as long as I can get a sitter. Thought my eldest would be around but just found out he is on nights !!

Karen x

FabForty

Hi, I've put the date in my diary but having chemo no. 2 tomorrow so will have to see how things go. If first round is anything to go by I should be up & about so will see you there!
Looking forward to meeting you all,

Leah
xx

annalou24

Heard from Amy via Facebook and she too is not able to come this time.

Can we get a list girls ??? ( sorry, but I just live by lists !!)

so far...

Debbie
Dawn
Jackie
Suzi
Karen ?
Leah ?
me

please add to/confirm .....

Love and hugs everyone, hope you're all doing ok

Anna xx

annalou24

Just bumping this again

Anna xx

doxey

Hi,
Have just pm'd you x

awadan

Hello Girls
Just wondered if any of you ladies in the Sheffield area have had reconstuction and if so, what was your experience. I'm 12 yrs post dx and just trying to decide whether I'm going to be single breasted for the rest of my life (I'm 52) or to go for it and get a reconstruction. I had right mx followed by chemo and rads in 1998. Any thoughts?

Awadan

x

annalou24

Karen, really hope you can make it. Look forward to meeting you 🙂

Anna xx

kayh317

Hi,
as long as SE's not too bad I will be there. If I can't make it nearer to the data I will let you know. Fingers crossed I don't end up back in hospital this time as it becoming pretty boring !!

Really looking forward to meeting you all.

Karen

annalou24

*bump*

annalou24

Just heard from Dawn, and she is hoping to come along !!

annalou24

HI Debs
Great to hear from you ! We have had a thread about this on FAcebook as well. Tues 20th looks as though it is the best bet all round, although Sarah cannot make it unfortunately.
Any new faces more than welcome, we always have a laugh !!
Please could people who are intending to come add their names to this thread so we can look out for you ? I will keep bumping it up ...
Love and hugs

Anna xx

PS Dawn has had a few complications ...I will text her and hopefully she will be well enough to come along. Suzi and Jackie are both fine for 20th. i will contact Amy via Facebook.

Debsm

Hi girls.

Could we make our next meeting at Meadowhall on Tues 20th April?
The usual time about 7.00ish?

Would be great to see some new faces, as well as the usual gang.

I hope everyone can make it,and that Dawn is up to it after her op.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone soon.

Love Debs xxx

FabForty

Hi girls, hope you don't mind another one dropping in!
I'll keep an eye out for details of your next meet & might pootle along if that's ok as I live in Sheffield. Hope to meet up with you soon.
Leah
xx

kayh317

Hi all,

Was wondering as well about when the next meet is to be.

Having chemo 6th April but hopefully if it is after Easter hols I will be well enough to join you.

Looking forward to it.

K x

You will recognise me by my bald head !!!

Debsm

Hi Everyone.

Just checking to see if we are all meeting up after the Easter hols?

Debs xxx

annalou24

Hi All

It was great to see you all again on Tuesday and what a lovely meal (thanks Sarah for the vouchers )!
As you can see, I am posting at some unearthly hour as I cannot sleep ! I am so excited about moving house tomorrow !!!! Have been packing etc all day and am definitely exhausted, but on a high as well !

Dawn, I really hope your op went well. Looking forward to hearing from you when you are up and about again.

Karen, welcome to the thread and hope you can join us in Meadowhell for our next meet up ! Watch out for this thread re-appearing with details. We usually meet on a Tuesday at 7pm outside Pizza Express, upstairs in The Oasis. We're gradually making our way round all the eateries in M'hell!!

Well I'd better try and get some sleep...got to get up in 4 hours !!

Love
(a very excited) Anna xxxxx

jackiek55

Welcome to the forum Karen. Feel free to sound off about your feelings to the rest of us. We know how you are feeling.

We had our third, very enjoyable meetup on Tuesday evening and it will be great to see you if you decide to join us on our next one. Just keep an eye on this thread for details. We are thinking of meeting round the middle of April.

Good luck with the rest of your chemo, you'll be surprised how quickly it goes.

Hope everyone else is ok. Hope your operation has gone well today, Dawn. I've been thinking about you and sending good vibes.

Jackie xx

kayh317

Hi all,

just joined today and had a peep to find out if any local people were on here.

I live in Chesterfield.

Started chemo in Jan and had my 2nd session on Monday this week. 4 more to go and then 15 sessions of rad.

Feels like this year will be spent feeling pretty fed up and pumped full of poison !!!

Do feel quite alone as it is so difficult to explain to friends how you feel especially when most the time I actually don't feel ill and apparently "look really well"

Karen x

Debsm

Hi Everyone.

Thanks for another great evening again!! Shame not everyone could make it.Hopefully our next meeting after Easter will be more convenient...

Sarah i forgot to say thanks for the vouchers for our meal,it was really thoughtful of you,and i really enjoyed the food!

Also good luck and best wishes to Dawn who is having her op tomorrow,we shall be thinking of her.

Love Debs xxx

annalou24

*Bump*

hope everyone is still coming ?? Don't think Suzi can make it this time...

I should be either packing or doing work-related stuff...instead I am mostly on Facebook wasting time LOL!