Shellyface

Another young mother gone too soon, too quickly.

How awfully awfully sad - sometimes I just can’t find the words to express my sadness at terrible news like this I so sympathise with Shellyface’s family and friends and my thoughts are with them.

Ruby xx

(Copied over from Hair loss??? strand)

Shelley, you were a bright light that welcomed me on to this strand when I was newly diagnosed last November. I was in a very dark place then, not really wanting to carry on, even though this was not always reflected in my posts. You showed me cancer and chemo were doable. You showed me how you fitted them in to your every day life with your family. I will always remember your ‘how many sleeps to go’ counting down in excited way to good things such as Christmas and holidays. Later, you had the courage to share your fears and anxieties. So many of us share those fears too. And at the end, you were thinking of helping others, even though you knew the chances of recovery for you were slim: completing the Race for Life was truly altrustic. I am glad you enjoyed the day.

Like Jo and Simon say you have gone to a better place and are at peace now. I am so very sad that you could not have gone further on the journey. I can only hope now that others will benefit from new treatments and knowledge about bc enabled by events such as as Race for Life of which you were an important part.

I will always remember you.

Love to you, Simon and your boys.

Bright xx

Dear Shell,

As Kathy said on the “hairloss” strand…this is your day today. I am thinking about you and your boys so much and even more today. You were an inspiration to me and you were there when I first came to the forums for help with so much wisdom, strength and of course that fab sense of humour! I still find it impossible to believe this disease took you so so so soon. I talked to you about finding it hard having bc with my little monster and you shared your experiences with me… your life with all those boys sounded so much fun and because of you I now hug my boys more tightly and kiss them far more than they like!! You had such strength…weren’t you decorating boys rooms not long after surgery when some of us have taken weeks…months… to recover? And doing Race for Life…amazing!

I wish I had met you. I think in a different world…we would have had fun and shared many (probably too many) glasses of wine.

So lovely Shell…sleep well…watch over your boys and thank you! I will always remember you.

Much Love,
Gailxxxx

I thought of you at 2pm Shell.

And hope you are finally at peace now.

We will carry on and do what we can to combat this disease and support others too, as you did.

Victoria x

Dearest Shelly

I’m so sorry that I wasn’t there on Tuesday, but you were never very far from my thoughts and I prayed all day for Simon and the Boys and hope that they managed to draw strength from all their loved ones and friends.

I’ll never forget our few meetings, but really wish that I could have known you and Simon under such different circumstances.

Sleep well my friend.

Jo XXX