Shingles

I have secondary breast cancers my primary being breast with spine, liver and lungs as my secondary ones.  I am also terminally ill as well.  To add insult to injury I have just recently been diagnosed with shingles.  I just wanted to ask if anyone else out there has been unlucky to catch it again and what you did to help your condition.  I have patches over left buttock and down the back of my legs.  Its itching and quite painful.  I have been given an intense course of Aciclovir to help kill or cure it.  Also been recommended Calamine lotion/cream to help sooth the itching.

I had hoped that this year would be drama free, it seems not.  Last year I suffered from pneumonia and the year before a burst appendix!! Not good. Thank you for reading this.

Cookie17

xx

Oh cookie,huge hugs,that’s an awful thing to get on top of everything else. I can’t offer any advice,all I can do is send you huge hugs,Helen xxxxxxxxxx

Sorry to hear this Cookie, I hope you are getting some relief from the meds. Have read of Shingles being a risk with all our treatment. Take Care. X

Thankyou Belinda, will do. Just wish the back of my left leg would settle down. Xx

Thankyou Mel, I have the same with my left leg re my clothes. I will check with my nurse and see what she suggests. As you say it is painful.
Ouch! X

Shingles is usually a reactivation of the chicken pox virus that’s been living in your body since you’ve had chicken pox. Therefore you don’t catch shingles - it can come out when you’re body is run down and immune system cannot keep it at bay. Hope this makes sense xx