cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shocking news

6 REPLIES 6
sentangelo

Re: Shocking news

Hi Sarah, yes, I can imagine that administrative troubles don't make the process of treatment and healing any easier (( but you sound very strong and confident. Yes, recovery alone is not simple, I can imagine. Do you get a lot of support from your friends at least? Did you try to involve them? I still don't know much about my treatment, how extensive it would be, but I really hope the doctors will do their best and I will do whatever it takes to defeat the cancer forever. I really really hope it can happen. Your advice helps a lot, I will bear it in mind. Thanks!!! Julia
JETS

Hi Julia - 4 weeks is fine - it feels like an eternity but don't worry ( easier said then done I know). I'm OK - bit tough post operative mentally as I am by myself and try to protect my daughters - it makes recovery a bit lonely. Physically, I'm day 21 post op and made the mistake earlier on of trying to reduce painkillers - don't do that as they work better if you take them before the pain kicks in! So I've had to manage my pain more proactively which I think I'm understanding better now. However, I have been fortunate to have had good arm movement from the start. Still waiting for chemo decision but just had my appointment cancelled for this Wednesday due to hospital admin error - they are trying to rearrange and will let me know. This kind of thing is often very difficult to deal with in the circumstances but I have also learnt to roll with the punches so to speak! Literally everyone will tell you that the waiting is the hardest thing and they are right. Try to stay busy, stay off google (stick to approved sites) . very best wishes sarah
sentangelo

Hi Sarah!

Thanks so much for the support! I admire how brave you are! How are holding up? Do you need/did have chemo? I'm still not in good shape mentally after all these news mostly because I don't have enough information, there is no treatment plan yet and nothing is moving forward at this moment. I was told that the treatment most probably will start in about 4 weeks. Now I am scared that they wait so long and the cancer may spread during this time. I should really learn to trust my doctors in this I guess as they probably do not want to make the situation worse for me and the time they take is necessary and safe for me. XXX Julia

JETS

Hello sentangelo xx hugs xxxx
I'm alone with my 15 year old twins ( son at university) and have had bilateral mx. You have a lot of good news to hang onto here - you found your lump ; well done! This means that you now have a great clinical team who will be working round the clock to help you in your fight ! It's not in lymph nodes - again good news! Hold onto these positive thoughts xxxx you will find different information as you go along and you will have low moments. Take each day at a time for now xx post whenever you feel like it - there are a lot of people here who can help - I would have given up ages ago if it wasn't for this forum! Sarah
sentangelo

Hi eileen728, thanks so much for your reply. My head is still spinning from all of this but it's great to know that you're not alone in all this. Wishing you lots of health!!!
eileen728

Hi sentangelo I guess it is a group we would all prefer not to be in - but like you say everyone here supportive and there is always someone who knows what you are going through. Good luck!
sentangelo

Shocking news

Dear ladies, I'm so sorry to be here and incredibly sorry you are here too. I've been reading your forum since Tuesday when I got the news but did not have the strength and energy to write. I think you are all incredibly strong here, you inspire me a great deal and I would like to thank you for that. I'm not from the uk even though I lived in uk for a year in 2000 when I studiet at uni. Currently I live in the Netherlands for last five years. Originally I come from Latvia but ethnically I am Russian. I'm 36 years old, divorced, and have a wonderful 13 year old daughter. Her father lives in Israel and we live in NL. On Tuesday I went for a checkup as I have family history. My mother passed away 5 years ago because of this. So I was fearing it a lot and was checking regularly. A week ago I had a dream, which told me to go and check myself, literally. I woke up in the middle of the night and realized that the worst has happened. So I ran quickly to the doctor as I checked myself right in the middle of the night and found a lump. The doctors ran all diagnostic tests. And confirmed that it's malignant. For now I know that there are no visible traces in the lymph nodes, but they will be able to tell more only after the surgery. They have also made a dna test due to my age and family history and if that's posi I'm facing double mastectomy. I'm super scared, confused and lost. A friend of my came to stay with me for a week and helps me great deal. We ka plan how to cope practically as I'm alone with my kid. I want to win this fight very much!!!!