Shocking news

Dear ladies, I’m so sorry to be here and incredibly sorry you are here too. I’ve been reading your forum since Tuesday when I got the news but did not have the strength and energy to write. I think you are all incredibly strong here, you inspire me a great deal and I would like to thank you for that. I’m not from the uk even though I lived in uk for a year in 2000 when I studiet at uni. Currently I live in the Netherlands for last five years. Originally I come from Latvia but ethnically I am Russian. I’m 36 years old, divorced, and have a wonderful 13 year old daughter. Her father lives in Israel and we live in NL. On Tuesday I went for a checkup as I have family history. My mother passed away 5 years ago because of this. So I was fearing it a lot and was checking regularly. A week ago I had a dream, which told me to go and check myself, literally. I woke up in the middle of the night and realized that the worst has happened. So I ran quickly to the doctor as I checked myself right in the middle of the night and found a lump. The doctors ran all diagnostic tests. And confirmed that it’s malignant. For now I know that there are no visible traces in the lymph nodes, but they will be able to tell more only after the surgery. They have also made a dna test due to my age and family history and if that’s posi I’m facing double mastectomy. I’m super scared, confused and lost. A friend of my came to stay with me for a week and helps me great deal. We ka plan how to cope practically as I’m alone with my kid. I want to win this fight very much!!!

Hi sentangelo I guess it is a group we would all prefer not to be in - but like you say everyone here supportive and there is always someone who knows what you are going through. Good luck!

Hello sentangelo xx hugs xxxx
I’m alone with my 15 year old twins ( son at university) and have had bilateral mx. You have a lot of good news to hang onto here - you found your lump ; well done! This means that you now have a great clinical team who will be working round the clock to help you in your fight ! It’s not in lymph nodes - again good news! Hold onto these positive thoughts xxxx you will find different information as you go along and you will have low moments. Take each day at a time for now xx post whenever you feel like it - there are a lot of people here who can help - I would have given up ages ago if it wasn’t for this forum! Sarah