Shopping sprees on chemo!!

So… A confession!
While on chemo and feeling really rough I used to spend ages with clothes magazines and on line clothes sites, just looking at all those lovely pictures (and not needing to worry about following a story plot with an addled brain)
So, a few months later and my wardrobe is full of tunic dresses, bought in the hope of sunshine but also in fear of weight gain and unknown boob shape. Quite why I thought I’d need half a dozen i don’t know, but never mind. A chemo friend invested in hats, she’d bought 27 the last time I saw her… And my cousin recently told me she got through chemo insomnia by watching the jewellery channel all night (she ended up with almost a dozen bracelets, despite only ever wearing one small necklace and her wedding ring and hating the feel of anything around her wrist)
Is there some sort of compulsion to treat yourself I wonder? :wink:

HeHe…I did the same when I first started chemo…bought loads of clothes online…all colours I don’t like and stuff I’ll never wear…very theraputic though…I guess still being able to spend helped me feel in control. I also got through quite a few chemos watchin Last Of The Summer Wine on UK TV Gold alllllllllllllll day !!!

Yep, me too, have spent an absolute fortune on stuff that i’ve never worn and don’t need

Lol, I suppose I should be thankful it wasn’t designer handbags!!!

Although…hmmmmm…did buy a gorgeous bright red Vivienne Westwood in the sales… :smiley:

Me too. Chemo has been an excuse for a whole new shopping experience. My specialities are Mx underwear & swimwear, scarves & hats, beauty products for my dry skin & crap nails and now earrings to compensate for my lack of hair. On line shopping has now been replaced by real shopping 6 weeks after last chemo and already the underwear women in M&S know me! Have also found that shopping for beauty products in a scarf leads to lots of free samples!

It has made me feel better so keeeep shopping!

Sx