Should I bring this up at my appointment?

Hi everyone, apologies in advance for this slightly self indulgent and possibly rambling post!

Just after new year I noticed my right breast felt really hard, almost akin to when I had a blocked duct whilst breastfeeding.  I kept an eye on it, did change, but I still felt a lump. Waited until my period, it was still there,  so I went to the gp,  who examined my breasts and underarms, gave my chest and neck a very quick check. She made an urgent referral to the suspected breast cancer screening unit and I’ve got my appointment on 10th of this month. Since then, I’ve noticed a really prominent lump on the bone beneath my collar bone, but on my left side. I don’t know if it was there before, have become hypervigilant since then (obviously!), and I can actually see it when I look in the mirror. 

Is it worth mentioning this when I go for my screening, or am I just being OTT?!

Yes definitely mention it - you may as well make sure you have a thorough check. Hopefully it will be nothing but it will put your mind at rest. Xx

Hi SaltyBeef and welcome to the BCC forums

In addition to the support you here our helpliners are on hand with further practical and emotional support on 0808 800 6000, lines are open weekdays 9-5 and Saturday 10-2

You may find the following link to the BCC ‘Worried about breast cancer’ information pages helpful and here you will find a publication about attending a breast clinic and what to expect there:

breastcancercare.org.uk/worried?utm_source=Homepage&;utm_medium=promo&;utm_campaign=worried

Take care
Lucy BCC

It’s your appointment, your body, your health - mention absolutely everything you think may be relevant.

Good luck for 10th