cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I cancel appointment

5 REPLIES 5
Jobey68

Re: Should I cancel appointment

Hiya, I've suffered with painful breasts with my periods for years, it would come and go with my cycle so I've never worried about it, My right one was especially painful and I would get shooting pains in it but it would settle down again, I now know this was down to having a harmless Fibrodenema and not caused by cancer, I actually only had a 4mm area of breast cancer which caused me no symptoms nor showed on a mammogram or ultrasound, try not to second guess what the outcome will be, no one expected to find what they did with me and they were very surprised but also pleased to have picked it up as it's totally curative at this stage but it had nothing to do with the very reason I went in the first place xx
Josisuch74

Hi thank you for reply the waiting and nit knowing is the worst i keep tellingbmyself its nothing but then i get the sharp stinging shooting pain and i think what if great news for you sorry forvwhat they found thou its like the lump was telling you something hope your treatment goes well i will be thinking of you can i just ask did you suffer at all with any pain x jo xx
Jobey68

There is nothing worse than the fear of not knowing and if you don't go you may not feel any better about it, I went through all the same feelings when I first found my lump but did the right thing and went and got it checked out, mine did turn out to be just fat but they biopsied another area they found on the ultrasound which also turned out to be a harmless fibrodenema although and don't let this frighten you but they did pick up by sheer accident a few grade 1 cancer cells just starting to develop at the side of it so I was incredibly lucky, I can't deny I didn't feel it at the time but a few months on with it removed and knowing fully what it was I'm feeling good and very grateful I had the courage to go, I'm starting 3 weeks of radiotherapy tomorrow and feel absolutely fine about it, I know it's utterly terrifying but they look after you very well and at least you will know one way or another what is going on, good luck love, be brave and go and get it checked out xx Jo
Josisuch74

Hi Patricia I will do think iv gotten myself in such a state with all the worrying my head is all over the place. Thanks you just kicked me up the bot to go as I should of gone a few year back when I started losing discharge. My mum away so going alone am really frightened
Patricia11

No you definitely have to go and have your breast checked at the breast clinic.

This is extremely important so do this for yourself.
Josisuch74

Should I cancel appointment

Hi I have been having problems with my breasts for at least a few years start was discharge a few years back but mainly pain shooting pain burning stinging even woke me up one night it was that bad. About 3 weeks ago I felt a lump the doctor confirmed said it was about 2cm got referred to breast clinic and my appointment is wednesday and surprise my pain is now very little and not sure if I can feel the lump. I can feel other lumps but think it's tissue Do you think I should cancel my appointment as I don't want to waste anybody's time unsure as had pains constant for past 4 months