Should I still feel this tired...!!!???

Hi,
I finished my 6 x FEC back in August and started on Tamoxifen and went back to work in September, I’m an Admin Officer in a school. I’ve been doing mornings only but have just started to increase my day by an extra hour a day this week. So far this week I’ve been shattered and dozing off about 8.00-8.30 pm (except tonight when flaming night sweats keeping me awake again!!)… I’m hoping its a combination of sleepless nights (due to night sweats) and the extra hours that’s making me so tired… I know it’s only been a few months since finishing chemo but will I ever stop feeling so tired… x

Hi Sallyshelly

Welcome to the BCC forums. I’m sure some of the other users will be a long soon to offer you their experiences and knowledge. In the meantime you might find it helpful to talk things through with a member of staff on the helpline.  Here you can share your thoughts and concerns with someone who will offer you a listening ear as well as emotional support and practical information.  Lines are open weekdays 9 to 5pm and Saturday 10 to 2pm and the number to call is 0808 800 6000.

Best wihses Sam, BCC Facilitator 

Hi Sallyshelly

Im afraid to say the answer is yes :frowning: Im 2years 9 months from dx and I still get really tired it is better than say a year ago but certain things exhaust me, like a day of housework or a few extra hours at work, I suffer terribly with hot flushes and they drain me as well and also like you I dont sleep very well and can be awake on and off all night and times, I never sleep through the whole night, so I think it is a combination of things that cause the tiredness, as I say it does get better BUT i think it will take a long time to feel near normal again, good luck

xx